RainboWarrior

Stupidest Ways to Die in DayZ

break legs for no reason environment thats bugged, get up, fix leg, bandage... get shot by sniper in woods

Nothing beats crawling up to a small yield industrial building with the door closed. I see the option to open the door, it opens directly into my head, pushes my body away, and knocks me unconscious. I am out cold, minus 8000+ blood and watching myself slowly bleed to death. That was it. The stupidest death I ever had in Day Z.

Wow... some great stories. I think I like thede the best: "Death by Sneezing" (accidently firing off a round near Zombies) and "Death by Tree" (standing up under a tree and bleeding to death). This thread is actually helping me to avoid "Stupid Deaths", as I didn't know some of these things could kill you!

A friend accidentally fired his AS50 while looting a shop.. He was standing in a corner and got smashed through the wall by 50 zeds.

Got accidentally killed by my friend when he came back from the ESC menu. His weapon started auto shooting.

Trying to go prone under a bush and then trying to stand up... broke my legs and got shocked. Then, once the shock was over, my char tried to stand up again automatically, which resulted in death.

Yesterday I tried to drive a Tractor, which blew up shortly after Hitting a small branch. I did survive that because battle eye kicked me with #55 error. Thanks BE I guess.

Trying to teach my GF how to perform a blood transfusion, only to get a hatchet planted in the back of my skull.

• Like 1

I went to the elektro fire station, the one near the power station.

There was a tower, I saw a dead guy in it. I climbed up and looted the guy. Then I noticed that I could climb up even more, and so I did. Somehow I ended up falling down and dying exactly to the same place where the guy I had looted had died.

being unable to shoot a single zombie while checking out a heli crash site due to the shittiest laptop ever...

i made a fire on an incline to cook some. i started the fire. i went to cook the meat, i hear some sizzling sounds, and suddenly i'm unconcious with everything broken for a couple seconds while i try to figure out what just happened. then i die.

i was prone on the catwalks in the big barn outside stary military tents, and while trying to check for anyone at the tents, i press Q to try to lean around a wall, only lean does not work when prone. instead, i roll off the cat walks to my death on the ground below.

Looting the apartments in Cherno in the dark, using a chemlight to see. I hear screams outside, then gunfire ... so decide to go on the roof to see what's what.

I put out the chemlight and get total darkness, but can still see the 'up' arrow for the ladder. So I press up, thinking it will be at least a bit lighter outside.

Nope - I go up the ladder and straight off the side of the building because I don't know when to stop pushing 'up.

Fell to my death - and never saw a thing.

gah.

So there is this tree..

Not just any tree, mind you, but THIS tree...

This tree resides in a large wooded area (shocking, right?) just north of the coast and slightly west of Elektro. It was just after dusk and a buddy of mine and I were making our way to the city to replenish some much needed supplies. Being akin to basic survival strategies, we stuck to the tree line north of the coast as we ran, wandering slightly into the woods as we headed on our journey. Both of us had slightly better than average gear, with me being fortunate enough to find camo'd clothing in a chopper wreckage a few nights before. Unbeknownst to us, a [random] tree that we were approching had an insatiable bloodlust that would soon ruin our adventures.

As I passed by this particular tree, within about half an arm's length away, my game started glitching out. I stopped moving forward and was seemingly trapped by some invisible texture right next to the tree. Within a span of about 10 seconds, immediately following me getting trapped for unknown reasons, my legs misteriously broke, I was immediately knocked unconsious, and I went from full health to zero. Definitely the most anti-climactic way to go out and left me cursing questionably over skype with my friend trying to figure out what had just happened.

But the tree's thirst was not quenched. When my friend, who was about 50 meters back from me when this happened, approached my body to try and secure my stuff as I ran back, the tree struck again, felling him the exact same way it did me.

We exhausted all rational possibilities. There was no beartrap, no other survivors that could have gunned us down, nothing. This was just a case of a tree gone mad.

Tree: 2, Us: 0

on a bicycle in the middle of electro when my keyboard ran out of battery, ive never switched batterys that fast but i didnt make it :P

Friends and I were cheering and laughing while riding in a car we just found. Then we hit a wall and the car blew up.

Last night I was clearing out yet another dupers camp site I put down a satchel charge to flatten it for fun, then tried to pick something up off the ground. Just as I clicked the "gear" option dissapeared and i clicked on "touch off 1 satchel charge" instead.

BOOM

This was a rather well timed post, I must say. My friend and I were just playing on Seattle 36... I (of course) was using the Enfield and he was using the Winchester... We met up outside of Bor, which took a while of me hiding inside of a house and him running being chased for 20 minutes, looking for my chem lights marking the house... eventually we met up, gunned them down and headed out to Zelenogorsk. Along the way, I saw a barn and decided "Hey, lets go raid that barn... they sometimes have some good stuff", completely forgetting it's a veteran server and that I might as well have been in an ice cream truck dragging fresh human flesh behind it... that was quite the fire fight, we each killed around 30 zombies with many instances of thinking we were completely screwed. I finally said screw it, and he ran around acting as bait with 15 zombies chasing him while I raided the barn, then we headed off in to the woods, dropping flares here and there to pull them off of us once they lost line-of-sight due to the trees. We came out by my favorite barn south of Zelenorgorsk by the super market and got in to another massive zombie brawl by that barn, 8-15 a piece killed this time.

FINALLY we made it to our goal, the Zelenogorsk super market! We were inside, finally getting him an alice pack, watch and map.... and suddenly we were teleported 200ft in the air by a hacker and dropped to our deaths with the rest of the server (we counted around 12, might've been more).

Gotta say... it was severely lame. Would be nice if there was a way to have the character datafiles rolled back to right before we got teleported. But the great thing is that my buddy got it recorded with fraps (not all of it, just our last zombie brawl, maybe the one before that, and our teleportation deaths).

link please!

Logged out one evening in the Cherno supermarket. Log back in the next day, prone in the back room, and my legs break almost instantly. I try to fix them, but I'm being attacked and I fall unconcious. I bleed to death, but before it finally comes, I witness one zombies walking around inside the floor I'm laying on. wtf.

I get killed by wall-traversing zombies all the time, but this was plain bullshit. I try to lose them by running into an interior and closing the doors, but they know I'm inside and just walk through the walls. I guess somebody else tried to do that, and this zombie just happened to stick around.

my friend went to fill up a jerry can at a gas tank, his guy leaned a bit too far into it and crushed every bone in his body and died.

my other friend then ran into me at the same gas tank; broke his legs and went unconcious.

fuelling up a chopper is damn haard work

I had to lol pretty hard. :D

Throwing a grenade at a player in Cherno, only to realise it was near a fuel tank, got the kill, laughed my ass off, 5 seconds later the tank exploded smashing me against the wall :)