bluecrackers

So why exactly is hacking so rampant?

So I've been killed by hackers about 5 or 6 times now. 2 of which have been in the past 2 nights each time effectively destroying what was supposed to be an enjoyable evening of dayz with my buddies. Basically I just want to know: Why can't rocket, the devs, or server owners do anything about this? I already know about the ease of hacking but why is nothing being done about it. I understand it's only alpha and the problem is most likely with battleye or the arma 2 engine but I'd just like a definitive answer.

I appreciate any useful input on this matter.

• Like 1

was a new BE bypass released recently. so until that gets fixed up its going to be a very rough ride for a bit.

A certain hack from a certain website is undetected, BattleEye can't seem to stop it and literally all servers that are nearly full are always hacked by someone completely illiterate.

It sucks, but I guess that's DayZ in a nutshell.

• Like 1

Because Multiple Websites offer their scripts for sale for like $15 for pussies who dont know how to play the game correctly or do good at it so just be bitches... well i dont hate all hackers just the one that go crazy with it

cause nerdkids have found the scripts/hacks for a 2 year old game and they think they are cool/funny for using em.

Oh google.... why you

Edited by RoboSheriff

Because the internet is a never ending rescource of retards who brick their copies.

If I were a rival game company producing a rip-off of this game, and wanted to sabatoge the gaming experience of the players so that they would give up on Day Z and welcome any new Z, then I would probably get a few people with Hacks to go onto as many servers as I could and Thunderdome/Teleport the server until people got disgruntled.

Because.

That's why.

Perhaps you should use the search function?

You might learn something.

Those who use hacks use them because they love getting off from other people's expenses. If they have fun, that's all they can give a crap about. In other words, selfish pricks use hacks.

Because hackers live in a consequence free enviroment.. Its all our responsibilities, to change this. We need to be willing to take the 6mnth lag for a pencil inflicted eye stabbing on anyone you know who hacks... this is how we change the way it is... eye stabbings are a great way to teach game morals, a little negative reinforcement goes a long way.

So dont whine about it... talk to hackers on forums, suck em in, and get to know them... then when they least expect it.... BAM!!! a number two pencil through the eye. {big thumbs up}

• Like 1

Because of a lack of a global chat. Despite this being a realistic survival zombie game, because it has no global chat, the admins can't really do shit because, unless they encounter the hacker, they won't know of it. Plus, since so many servers don't have nametags enabled, you can't fucking see what the hacker's name is. It's a hacker playground. That's what this game is.

Hacking is rampant in pretty much every popular FPS game, regardless of what anti cheat service they use, be it PunkBuster, VAC or BattleEYE, although I have read that BattleEYE is particularly terrible.

The ArmA engine is also particularly bad at preventing the types of cheats you see so often, so instead of the usual aimbots, esp, wallhacks etc it's possible for them to use teleport, spawn any gun, vehicle you want, invicibility, thunderdome etc. That sort of thing simply is not possible in other games, I assume because they are normally handled server side and not client side, that's not going to stop until DayZ goes standalone and gets a new engine.

Edited by smasht_AU

because they're 2 kewl 4 skewl

And to top it all off rocket and his company already got paid by more than 600,000 people that cant get a refund so they probly will never do anything about hackers our best bet is hope that warz learns from bohemias mistakes

P.S. Such potential yet again wasted in a game

The server Admins could do something about it but Rocket is giving us a Rocket up the rear end instead and doesn't allow admins any rights on servers..

"Rocket supporting Script Kiddies & Hackers since 2012"