Sign in to follow this  
watertower

I Found A Golden AKS!

I found a golden AKS in the pub in Elektro... I was unable to find a clear answer anywhere, but does anyone know if the golden AKS is legitimately obtainable, or am I risking being banned if I keep it?

(I didn't know exactly where to post this as I am not sure if it is a glitch, cheat or just something rare, so please forgive me if this is posted in the incorrect location.)

(Video proof:

) Edited by Watertower

supposedly you won't get banned for using hacked stuff (only for hacking yourself).. which is a bit silly IMO (one player spawns weapons for others who can then use them as they please).. I wouldn't touch anything that I think might be hacked

Edited by moriak

I ditched it out in the woods somewhere, hopefully no one will stumble across it...

Dont know if its hacked. But if it is it doesn't matter. Rocket has said you will not be banned for picking up and using a hacked weapon. Only the people who hacked the weapon originally can be banned.

Dont know if its hacked. But if it is it doesn't matter. Rocket has said you will not be banned for picking up and using a hacked weapon. Only the people who hacked the weapon originally can be banned.

Even stuff rocket said is ok people have been banned for.

Then they were wrongfully banned and should have appealed it. You can not be banned because you found a hacked weapon on the ground, you can be banned if you scripted the weapon into the game. If you are banned because you found (and used) a hacked weapon then appeal it, the admin by all rights MUST remove your ban or risk their server being blacklisted for admin abuse. See Rockets post on what you can and can not be banned for on a server.

until you are banned by BE or Hive, you are good, just dont use server anymore, there is tons of others!

The ability to use a golden AKS is well worth the risk of being banned imo. Just use it! You'll probably die and lose it before you get the banhammer.

It is not always a hacked weapon. Some private hive servers have played around with the loot for a different experience (they removed L85 thermal from their helicopter crashes before the latest DayZ patch). Just today I found an SVD (not camo) and golden AKS at a fresh helicopter crash site just after a reset. Just need to get the common ammo for it.

edit: in hindsight this change to loot on a private hive is within the last few weeks, not back in August.

Edited by Orgunas

Edit 2: Nice job with the necro Orgunas. Ya got me...

From the Server Hosting Rules posted on another section of this forum:

"You are permitted to kick for illegitimate weapons/items not intended to be in the game, however please remember, many players do not and should not be expected to know every item that is legitimate and as such we would prefer you do not ban for this."

Notice that they do not explicitly forbid banning for illegitimate weapons. This applies only to public hive servers.

If this was a private hive, ask the admins or check any website listed in the join messages. I've seen private servers ban for picking up weapons that were legitimate but very likely spawned in (tent full of high Mk48s and AS50s in the middle of Electro the day after a hive reset). Edit: This particular ban ended up getting reversed but it took a bit of talking.

As always, use questionable stuff at your own risk.

Edited by ZTrainz

Was it on a private Hive or on an official server?

I know for sure a private hive namalsk server where in every Helicopter when it spawns also spawns a golden revolver

Golden AKS ain't a hack, I checked it out. It's just damn rare.

Golden AKS ain't a hack, I checked it out. It's just damn rare.

Dude. Look at the date on this thread. It's from a year ago.

Don't necro dead threads.

Reported.