Sign in to follow this  
yourbrofino

3 Days Ago I bought game to play DayZ Mod and quitting.

Not because i didn't enjoy the game or felt that it lacked certain things but because of reasons that could have been preventable. It's sad because I really do enjoy the game but these two things below me really makes it hard to enjoy it anymore.

1. Graphic glitch making me unable to see ANYTHING.

2. Hackers, I seriously encounter a hacker in 1/3 of the servers I join...it's not fun being killed by them after spending so much time trying to get gear etc.

Waste of $30? i don't think so, my own fault for not reading up on the game before playing.

• Like 1

Not because i didn't enjoy the game or felt that it lacked certain things but because of reasons that could have been preventable. It's sad because I really do enjoy the game but these two things below me really makes it hard to enjoy it anymore.

2. Hackers, I seriously encounter a hacker in 1/3 of the servers I join...it's not fun being killed by them after spending so much time trying to get gear etc.

Waste of $30? i don't think so, my own fault for not reading up on the game before playing.

HA i spent only 20

• Like 1

was going to do the $20 thing but i heard graphics are worse

nope. the only difference is that you don't get the full arma 2. all character models are the same quality. if you buy the PMC dlc, then they are high-res characters.

We all feel your pain.

But hang in there.

The GFX fix will be in the next update which will hopefully be in a few days.

The hacking may well calm down a bit soon. Personally if i was you...i'd just take a break for a few days.

HA and i spent only 15!

Congratz! you are a cheap ass

• Like 1

That's understandable I guess. But when the standalone comes out you should get that, it will be a bit more fixed, or when the standalone is at full release, then there will be no hackers and such.

Rocket paid me to play it.

Edited by Aras
  • Like 1

Play Arma for a while and come back when DayZ is awesome. :)

Don't quit Arma 2 just cause you don't like DayZ.

Also, while you may have issues in DayZ, more likely than not those same issues won't show up in Vanilla or ACE Arma 2.

So much more to Arma 2 than just Dayz.

nope. the only difference is that you don't get the full arma 2. all character models are the same quality. if you buy the PMC dlc, then they are high-res characters.

well thanks for making me feel even worse. lol

I mean, we've had to deal with artifacting for what? Like a week, is that really a good reason to quit?

Maybe I don't hang out in cherno enough, but I really don't run into these hackers 24/7 like all these other people seem to.

Your first mistake was buying a game just for a single mod.

That's understandable I guess. But when the standalone comes out you should get that, it will be a bit more fixed, or when the standalone is at full release, then there will be no hackers and such.

I hard that War-Z isn't even made by DayZ people so I'm not sure on how it's going to be...I've read up a bit and I really dislike the "safe zones" they are going to be having, ruins the game.

Edited by yourbrofino

Also, did you do the tutorials and everything? Plenty of people quit because they can't handle trying to learn both the quirks of Arma 2 and the quirks of DayZ at the same time.

At least give the single player campaign a go.

Hackers aren't going to be stopped until the game goes standalone on a new engine, I suspect that will be some way away.

Graphic glitch is supposed to be fixed any day now.