Sign in to follow this  
uberhen

Exploring the Shipwreck

Found this way up on the northeast coastline. The results were not good.
  • Like 1

Can you actually walk around on the shipwreck?

In before it get's its own special loot table~! :D

Edit: If it's actually possible to get on it, of course. >_>

There are places, like wrecks or lighthouses, that werent touched by zombie apoclypse.

First thing i did in this mod - i swim to the lighthouse near electro. These places attract new players, it could be good to reward them with rich starter grade loot, like food, rifles, some gear.

Well thats why I am asking if you can walk around on it :D

Edit: I just had an idea. Going to try to get on it in an offline-game (singleplayer). I'll post back with my results.

Okay; swimming unto the middle deck: Touching the metal resulted in my death.

Running a boat into the deck (end): Successful? I glitched when I got off and was teleported to the upper deck: http://i.imgur.com/DAnlA.jpg

About to try to parachute down into the mid-deck and then try to run a boat into the mid-deck. Also, I'll try to swim to the rear part of the deck where the boat is... Because, when I fell off the upper-deck, I broke my legs. (I didn't die.)

Edit1; http://i.imgur.com/SS8Ft.jpg Running a boat unto the mid-deck and ejecting was successful. Assumed Falling in from the air would also be successful as you're not killed when you're standing on the deck.

Edit1-cont; Getting off the boat was difficult. First attempt (walking into the water) failed. Seems to be an invisible barrier. Second attempt was successful also a failure. I had to sprint into the waters. (My character hit the barrier but had enough momentum to continue to the point where I was swimming. I was killed when I tried to swim forward to the shore (I barely moved before "Inu has died.").)

Will return with more edits.

It appears as though the Arma Devs didn't want you on this stupid boat as transitioning from it to waters or vice-versa results in death.

Possible solution is to place a walkway to above the ship (making sure it passes over the invisible barrier).

Quite frankly; the ship is small and bland. I don't think it's worth it.

I was actually able to get onto the ship and back off without harm. I had to get on the ship by running the CRCC into the deck. I got off by getting back onto the CRCC and backed out. It was difficult, but it's possible.

• Like 1

If you swim there you lose everything in your bag' date=' so...

not the best idea

[/quote']

Gotta swim fast.

i hopped out of a boat, walked around on it, then swam back without losing my pack or taking damage. it's kinda buggy to get on it though.

I giggled' date=' did the game glitch and kill you or did someone shoot you in the back of the head?

[/quote']

I suggest reading this thread. Not trying to be rude, but, if you looked over the entire article you'd know the answer to your question. :'D!

I giggled' date=' did the game glitch and kill you or did someone shoot you in the back of the head?

[/quote']

I suggest reading this thread. Not trying to be rude, but, if you looked over the entire article you'd know the answer to your question. :'D!

Oh ok, I skimmed through it but I'll take another look.

I swam/walked onto the shipwreck tonight. you do need a bit more light to see where you are swimming so not to glitch out. During the swim,I was flashing low temperature so i applied a heatpack as soon as I got on the ship. then for shits n giggles I tried to set up tent. It let me pitch a tent but I could not see or use it. It's probably on the water under the textures. Given the angle of the ship i'm surprised it let me try.

fyi i have video also just not uploaded yet.

haha, i had a 2 buddies get on that same ship wreck, they were able to walk around on it, and then all of a sudden one got a broken leg and was bleeding. the other one went over to try and heal and give him morphine and as he was crouching fell into the water and died. ship wreck...approach at your own cost.

and yes there were no one else there, i was watching them in a heli. hovering 5m high, would have been an easy kill on me versus those 2 guys.

It's a ghost ship ... poltergheists are the reason you get killed :P

It's a ghost ship ... poltergheists are the reason you get killed :P

some say the ship came from green mountain. :o

some say the ship came from green mountain. :o

Ans others say it only appears when the fog over the sea vanishes, then disapears after it quenches it's blood thirst ... :o

The ship itself is of course not supposed to be creepy, but I really wish DayZ as it can have that creepy feeling would add a creepy side story. Like involving Green Mountain, the Ship, the radios (fake or not) it's just all these games are made but a lot of people such as myself love reading into them.

Well thats why I am asking if you can walk around on it :D

Sure you can get on it from the rear semi sunken side! It takes you to the far side of the pipes which killed him!

it's always fun to find out that you are not the only one who died in that way, it's the second video i see about that

I drove a boat to the wreck once, and disembarked on top of the deck. I a glitched into a wall, broke my legs, and died. So I guess no, you cannot walk on the ship.