Sign in to follow this  
koolvid

Is this Mod worth 30$

I really like the Day Z aspect of perma death and valuing your character like it's your life but the price makes it arguable since I've never played the game. What do you guys think?

I really like the Day Z aspect of perma death and valuing your character like it's your life but the price makes it arguable since I've never played the game. What do you guys think?

Its not 30$. Its 14.99 Euros. U dont have to buy the Arma Vanilla, u can download Arma Free. you will get some lower graphics but dude, don't matter. U can safe 15$.

research what it is, what its flaws are, where it's going, then decide. there are wildly different opinions and expectations on the forums. caveat emptor.

• Like 1

The Mod is free, btw.

Arma and Operation Arrowhead are $30. You're paying for them (although they're certainly NOT worth $30).

• Like 1

You are not paying for the mod, you are paying for the game. The mod isnt worth the money but the game is.

Arma2 > Dayz

The Mod is free, btw.

Arma and Operation Arrowhead are $30. You're paying for them (although they're certainly NOT worth $30).

Agreed - they are worth far more than that.

• Like 1

i paid $30 for it originally, and enjoy it a lot.

arma II seems pretty cool as well, but I haven't played it much outside of using the simulator to train for chopper flying - if i am ever lucky enough to find a chopper in dayz i don't want to blow that opportunity

if you are skeptical still, you can wait. in the past few weeks the price has fluctuated a lot. amazon had it for $19.99 for combined ops for a while. during the steam sale combined ops went to $17.99 for a while.

Edited by -Evo

You are not paying for the mod, you are paying for the game. The mod isnt worth the money but the game is.

Arma2 > Dayz

Arma2 is literally the worst game I've ever played. If I bought it before DayZ, I'd be asking for a refund.
  • Like 1

Depends on how much you value $30? If you're a person who tends to be somewhat optimistic and make the most of his expenditures I don't see it as a bad purchase. Dabble in the original game a bit, spend time mastering DayZ and ultimately finding an end-game plan whether that be joining a group/ becoming a medic/ etc. I think you can easily spend enough hours on the game to make it a fair purchase.

It is pretty buggy though. Expect a little bit of frustration if you aren't very easy-going.

Arma2 is literally the worst game I've ever played. If I bought it before DayZ, I'd be asking for a refund.

I envy you. You must be pretty new to this whole "computer games" thing if Arma2 is the worst game you ever played. Soon you will realize how many games there are out there. Enjoy your newfound hobby.

Then PC is not for you, Maybe you should go back to a xbox

I said if the mod is worth 30$ as in is it worth buying arma 2 and it's dlc I already know the mod is free but I'm just asking for opinions if I should spend 30$ on a game that seems like shit just to play a mod that has good potential to be great.

I said if the mod is worth 30$ as in is it worth buying arma 2 and it's dlc I already know the mod is free but I'm just asking for opinions if I should spend 30$ on a game that seems like shit just to play a mod that has good potential to be great.

You will have to learn to play arma 2 before you can play dayz though, One doesnt simply play dayz

It's hacker infested. So buy it at your own risk.

I have also heard this something about be teled to some location and getting killed by hackers or something that also has me worried although you can counter it f4ing from what I heard

a game that seems like shit

Care to elaborate?

It's an alpha, so there are a lot of bugs to work out, many features to be added, certain features being taken in and out, and a lot of hackers due to the engine being built to be used with scripts.

If you get the game just for DayZ, know that you're coming in as a tester and not a player. Though it is playable (and a lot of fun) you have to be ready for shit to hit the fan at any moment. You may want to wait for a standalone version.

I envy you. You must be pretty new to this whole "computer games" thing if Arma2 is the worst game you ever played. Soon you will realize how many games there are out there. Enjoy your newfound hobby.
Then PC is not for you, Maybe you should go back to a xbox
I've been playing PC games since the early 90s, yet I haven't owned a console since the N64.

Arma is garbage. Sure it's dry, but that's a personal preference. My problems with the game are:

Poorly coded, completely obnoxious AI.

Scripted events that regularly fail to trigger.

Massive amounts of bugs.

Poorly optimized engine.

Terrible, clunky controls.

Lack of any meaningful anti-cheat measures.

Playing ArmA 2 feels much like playing some unfinished indie title.

Once again, if not for DayZ, I would have asked for a refund.

P.S. I realize most of my points also apply to DayZ, however

1) I didn't pay a dime for DayZ

2) It's in Alpha, whereas Arma is a product that was finished years ago, and

3) DayZ makes up for all it's flaws because of it's amazing gameplay premise.

Edited by Falcrist

Speaking as someone who bought Arma2 and it's expansion off Steam just to play the mod, yes, it's worth your $30. Too bad Rocket can't somehow get a share.

Think of it like a survival simulator that's peopled with zombies, assholes, and the occasional alright person. In the beginning you will die...a Lot. There will also be the occasional hacker bumblefuck who gets you killed, so don't cry when you loose your stuff, and you'll do just fine.

Go for it. I consider my $30 well spent.

I for one feel Arma2 Combined Operations was worth the $30. Dayz is a bonus that makes it worth $60.

However, if your a battlefield3, COD or other type of "run n gun" game person, pass on it.

Edited by Hydrocodone

By the way, it's NOT an alpha. It's NOT a beta. It IS a mod that is continuously being tweaked and updated. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Still worth $30, especially if you consider some of the total garbage out there selling for much more.