Sign in to follow this  
yumey95

Your worst moments in Dayz.

So based on the information given by the internets, Dayz has right now around 900 000 unique players. Which means that there ought to be some moments where you just feel bad for what happend, something that makes you regret the actions you did.

Tell your stories here, they are interesting :D

Killing someone (getting a murder, not a bandit kill) in self defense. I walked into a barracks and there was a guy in a guille suit there, we both freaked out and shot each other, i had an M4CCO so i beat him because he only had an Enfield. I got a murder so i knew that it was just a freak accident.

Yeah, I axed a guy on a rooftop who had a rifle, thinking he was a bandit sniper. Turns out I got a murder and he had no ammo... probably just pointing his lee into the distance while getting a good look. I felt bad about it for a while.

Also I have hated it when I've randomly broken a leg for no reason.

Edited by lugaru

just last night... i had my AS50 and my M4A1 CCO SD and i was on a semi-highpop server on the northern outskirts of the Firestation/powerplant in elektro on that ridge that overlooks damn near all the main area's of elektro... i decided to go bandit hunting while wearing my ghille suit... i spawn into a highpop server... start hearing gunshots to my right i think "OMG bandit finnally" i know this cause i saw someone zig zaging hearing the shots in the distance and someone in elektro was chucking grenades... someone was on the roof of the hospital and all that and theres a guy with a full auto gun sniping with it (dunno how) well i was holding my AS50 and he was close so i switched to my M4... reloaded apparently he pinpointed me immediately by the sound of my reload... i crouched up and BAM dead....

>have some great gear after killing a bandit

>on top of construction site

>try and put away binoculars and hit v key instead

>vault off construction site

>break legs and bleed out

>dead

was in the fire station in the NW airfield, and took some M4 fire. saw the smuck running across the field, and scoped him with my CZ. i then thought the best idea EVER. "Im gonna kill him with my shiny new grenade." frickin thing bounced off the frickin wall and landed on my feet. FML. :(

• Like 1

Killing someone (getting a murder, not a bandit kill) in self defense. I walked into a barracks and there was a guy in a guille suit there, we both freaked out and shot each other, i had an M4CCO so i beat him because he only had an Enfield. I got a murder so i knew that it was just a freak accident.

ONLY HAD AN ENFIELD? Dude. One or two shots and you would be dead. Its not ONLY a gun, this loud rattatatadam-weapon. :D

• Like 1

Climbed onto the roof of the hospital in Elektro after hearing gunshots. On the way up the ladder I spot another survivor below. On the roof I find one survivor and a freshly dead one, still bleeding. I don't hesitate and shoot the one who is still alive with my Lee Enfield. Murder. Oops, my bad. Then the survivor I spotted below comes over the top of the ladder. I shoot because I think she must have been the one in a firefight with the rooftop fellows. I hit her twice, she gets me once breaking my leg, we're both bleeding. I'm just about too finish her off and loot the three bodies when 'Session lost' - the server restarts without warning while we're both still bleeding out, face to face about 10m apart on the roof of the hospital. Oh shit! I rejoin still bleeding with 500 blood and somehow bandage up with just 200 blood left. The bodies are gone and medical loot has not spawned because of me spawning on the building. I have no morphine, no blood. One zombie punch, one bullet and I'm dead and that bitch could log in at anytime. I eat all the food that I have and get about 1200 blood. Then I crawl down and axe the hospital windows, no shots have yet been fired in Elektro. Nothing spawned inside yet, fuck.

I go back to the relative safety of the roof (given my suicidal broken leg and Lee Enfield combination). Finally loot spawns but only rubbish on the roof. I climb down. On the way down I hear shots, lots of them. Elektro is lighting up in a battle for new loot spawn. I grab some morphine from the box at the back of the hospital. Finally. I still only have 1200 blood so I'm thinking get out of Elektro and I can get get myself some nice juicy steaks. I'm right on the outskirts, "I'm going to fucking make this shit, I'm the fucking Daddy!" I think, just one last dash to the tree-line. Suddenly, M16 fire fucking everywhere some noob is spraying me from the hip I dive for a bush....'You Are Dead'.

It's not that bad but it just happened so it cuts pretty deep. The time when a guy gave me a blood transfusion and then I covered him as he went to the school/police station to get a gun only for him to come back and shoot me in the face was pretty devastating too though >:(

- Holed up with a Lee Enfield in a barn that keeps spawning ammo with enough food, soda, and bandages for an army. Picked off my first bandit, got over 50 headshots, feeling pretty proud of myself and secure when a zombie spawns THROUGH THE FLOOR knocks me out and eats my face.

- Warped into the forrest by a hacker, no weapon. He manages to pick off everyone but me, I'm just running and running like Forrest fucking Gump. He's yelling BRUISER. STOP. STOP IT. STOP RUNNING. But I'm smart as fuck so I keep zig zagging into the woods until I lose him. I go prone, I see a road in the distance. I finally get to it and go to crawl across it and break BOTH MY FUCKING LEGS for crawling on some bitch ass pavement.

I don't know I've only been playing for like 6 hours. But this shit makes me insane.

Edited by Bruiser

Pretty well geared. Remington, 1911, tons of food. Coyote pack. All tools. Went into a firehouse to get some ammo for the shotgun, as I was going down the stairs, fell through the wall down 2 levels and died instantly.

Saw a guy getting chased by zombies in pustoshka, he ran in with like 10 other zombies in the church and i ran after him and shot him in the head with an mp5, felt really bad but when the statistic came up it showed me that i have killed a bandit, felt better after that ^^. He had a gps, g17, lee enfield, mags for both weapons and a military flashlight.

- getting my inventory swapped by a hacker

- ported to thunderdome

- and getting killed on a 10 days old char by a hacker nuking the whole server

Tryna just run around and survive find a crash site, pick up an as50 for a friend...Get to vybor avoid killing like 2-3 survivors. Break my leg in vybor.. Never got saved, Crawled around the town for 40 mins.. lol

I've only played this game for about 5-10 hours and have managed to get myself killed quite a few times stupidly :P

1. First time on DayZ - On the outskirts of Elektro and decide to move on down the coast (east) to another village. See a house that is actually enterable and decide to sneak in and have a look. Since I was so paranoid (first time playing), i wanted to close the door. I go right up to it and select 'close door'. The door then quickly swings around going through my body breaking my leg and knocking me out in the process. I bled out in about 10 seconds :(
  2. I'm on the outskirts of Cherno so i decide to loot the supermarket. I found tons of loot including: Alice pack, camping tent, m1911 with mags, plenty of food and drink etc. I then decide to loot the church just around the corner. When i have a look around I find a Makarov and about 8-10 mags of ammo. I think it would be a good idea to put it into my alice pack as a back up weapon. i crawl up to it and, accidentally select the "pick up Makarov PM (drop M1911)" option destroying the M1911 in the process (damn bugs!). Annoyed with myself I go outside and test the makarov out on a nearby zombie, i shoot it once in the chest and it doesn't respond (?). i shoot it a couple more times and miss a few more and had to reload quickly. It comes up to me and hits me once and knocks me out. While feeding on me it breaks my leg. I wake up just before I run out of blood and waste a whole magazine into it's head. I quickly bandage myself and crawl back inside the church. I abort to check out the DayZ DB and find that a hospital is on the other side of town. After crawling for about 5 mins I come across the International Hotel and find a freshly spawned UAZ (YES!). I drive quickly up to the medical tents find plenty of medical supplies and a PDW with 2 mags. Although I can now run, I am still on a dangerously low amount of blood. I decide to park up in the forest overlooking cherno in some trees and abort to wait for my friend to come on and give me a blood transfusion. After waiting, for him to come on he tells me that he is up in Zelenogorsk :(. It is now night time and he tells me to wait for tomorrow. I refused because I waited friggin' ages for him to come online. I had a quick look at the DB again and drive up there in about 10 mins. I tell him to meet me at the supermarket which was at the front of town. Because he can see anything i tell him to follow the sounds of a horn and look for headlights. I am now driving around town at night with a trail of 20 zombies honking every second with headlights on :P. While doing this i bump into a crashed car at about 20 Km/h. The car stops and is unable to move. There is a moment of silence...... and then BOOOOOO - dead. AFTER ALL THAT I BLOW UP FROM A LITTLE BUMP.
  3. The most recent time was today. Im in Prigorodky and decide to follow the road to Cherno. In Prigo I find a map, revolver, watch and plenty of food and soda. Whilst on the road i found two barns 200 metres away. I didn't think I should risk it, but i decided to have a look anyway. Loot the first barn and find a winchester with 45 slugs rounds. Go to the next one don't find to much except for 5 glitched zombies and an interestly placed tent. I drop my winchester by the entrance so i can take out the zombies silently. After that, I scroll through the tent's gear aaaand - BANG, grey screen, timer icon. This guy snuck up behind me, took my winchester and shot me point blank in the back of the head and scared me shitless :blush: .

• Like 1

So based on the information given by the internets, Dayz has right now around 900 000 unique players. Which means that there ought to be some moments where you just feel bad for what happend, something that makes you regret the actions you did.

Tell your stories here, they are interesting :D

You SniFF, i also enjoy the stories of the players from DayZ, thats why I started this project called: Daily DayZ, were everyone can write their story. Its only 25hours old now and I need test stories

www.dailydayz.com

i found plane and it was stuck in building

Climbed onto the roof of the hospital in Elektro after hearing gunshots. On the way up the ladder I spot another survivor below. On the roof I find one survivor and a freshly dead one, still bleeding. I don't hesitate and shoot the one who is still alive with my Lee Enfield. Murder. Oops, my bad. Then the survivor I spotted below comes over the top of the ladder. I shoot because I think she must have been the one in a firefight with the rooftop fellows. I hit her twice, she gets me once breaking my leg, we're both bleeding. I'm just about too finish her off and loot the three bodies when 'Session lost' - the server restarts without warning while we're both still bleeding out, face to face about 10m apart on the roof of the hospital. Oh shit! I rejoin still bleeding with 500 blood and somehow bandage up with just 200 blood left. The bodies are gone and medical loot has not spawned because of me spawning on the building. I have no morphine, no blood. One zombie punch, one bullet and I'm dead and that bitch could log in at anytime. I eat all the food that I have and get about 1200 blood. Then I crawl down and axe the hospital windows, no shots have yet been fired in Elektro. Nothing spawned inside yet, fuck.

I go back to the relative safety of the roof (given my suicidal broken leg and Lee Enfield combination). Finally loot spawns but only rubbish on the roof. I climb down. On the way down I hear shots, lots of them. Elektro is lighting up in a battle for new loot spawn. I grab some morphine from the box at the back of the hospital. Finally. I still only have 1200 blood so I'm thinking get out of Elektro and I can get get myself some nice juicy steaks. I'm right on the outskirts, "I'm going to fucking make this shit, I'm the fucking Daddy!" I think, just one last dash to the tree-line. Suddenly, M16 fire fucking everywhere some noob is spraying me from the hip I dive for a bush....'You Are Dead'.

It's not that bad but it just happened so it cuts pretty deep. The time when a guy gave me a blood transfusion and then I covered him as he went to the school/police station to get a gun only for him to come back and shoot me in the face was pretty devastating too though >:(

Can I use this quick story for on my site?

Edited by Flaton

I had set up a base recently. Moving my Mi Heli to the base, slightly underestimating the steepness of the terrain and damaging it while landing.

Spent all day fixing up an Ural on the other side of the map and collecting the materials to repair mi MI back up to full health. Drove the Ural through toughest terrain back to base, repaired my Mi successfully and decided, that the steep terrain it was sitting on, was just a little bit too uncomfortable for me, so I tried to move it a bit to the side.

Slightly lifting the heli from the ground, I realized that it drifted heavily into the direction of the forest next to me, even tough I was just trying to gain height. In a very short-sighted reaction, I oversteered in the oposite direction, for my Mi to turn fully to it's side and crash down, blowing up and taking my Ural with all I had collected that day with it.

Somehow I got out of the heli and survived with almost no blood. But lost a full days work and more in a split second. And no one else to blame but me...

Lessons learned:

- do not park your Ural next to your landing-site

- If you crash your Mi 2 times in a row, stick to your huey...

Last week I was playing on the Wireworld UK server, scouting Balota Airfield from the hill behind the ATC tower. Suddenly a player runs up and into the tower. I'm friendly, so I thought to myself, 'Well, he can take whatever he wants, and I'll wait a bit and then loot it'.

However, the zombies followed him up using both the ladder and the door. He ends up on the roof, and every time he shoots, more zombies come. This guy is going to die unless I do something with my sniper. I raise my sight and... pause. I just watch quietly. The guy eventually runs out of ammo. I could see the panic in his movements as he tried to make for the ladder. Nom, nom, nom. The zombies munch and feast on his flesh right there on top of the tower.

If only he wasn't wearing a 24-slot Coyote. It's mine now.

Edited by Anti

My absolutely worst moment? Oh god, there's SO many...

Let's go with the one that killed the most innocent players:

So I was driving a pickup along the coast, helping newb players on a pretty well-populated server. It was nighttime, so I tracked players via their flashlights. Without NVGs, I had to carry 2 stacks of flares in my inventory.

So I load up my pickup with 5 new players. I tell them that if they take my truck, I'll kill all of them, regardless of who's fault it is. We went near Elektro, and I helped everyone into the fire station. I threw a flare so they could see. That flare literally surrounded the fire station in zombies; there were too many to run past/through to get in or out. Pathetic little "Pew pew" Lee Enfield and Makarov shots only attracted more zombies. I decided to help by driving my truck into the horde, running over as many zombies as possible. Instead I rammed it into the fire station and busted the engine. I jumped out and shot my way out. Essentially just after I got out of the fire station, the truck exploded, killing all 5 of the survivors.

I gave them hopes, dreams... and took them away.

• Like 1

Spending the better half of a day finding four wheels for a truck I spotted, get it all fixed, tanks pretty full feelsgoodbro.jpg. Start driving up towards Berez pretty fast, not a care in the world, see a town coming up so I start to slow down, not too fast as nothing is on the road near to me. Still going about 60 kph, a pile of trash finally decides to load in about 5 meters in front of me, not enough time to react. I hit it hard, front wheels pop, engine and fuel tank go red, starts leaking fuel. I just get out and stand on the side of the road in disbelief, so many hours worth of work gone in the instant because this game hates loading shit.

Just happened to me. Having great gear and favorite weapon. Then going to the military barracks for no reason and getting killed :(