Sign in to follow this  
Framnk

AKM = Uber Dinner Bell

Anyone else noticed this since 1.7.2.4? Friend fired one last night at airfield and pulled every single zed in the area, including ones we couldn't even see.

I'm traveling with a group of 4, and one of us has an AKM. So I guess I'll figure out tonight.

Yeah, I mean it's loud but it's still a OHKO with some of the most common ammo in the game.

What is "Uber" ? I've read this quite often but don't understand the word, only got an idea of the context.

What is "Uber" ? I've read this quite often but don't understand the word, only got an idea of the context.

Uber = one step above epic, but one step below hax. :P

Uber is German for over, and it's usually applied to anything above and beyond something else. In this case I meant uber dinner bell to mean it seems to pull zeds above and beyond anything, even the Lee Enfield!

Uber is actually a german word, but now everyone uses it as like another word for .... THE GREATEST !!!!!!

Truth, yesterday i pulled every zombie in Berizhino by firing an accidental round near the south supermarket. This was very inconvenient.

Uber is actually a german word, but now everyone uses it as like another word for .... THE GREATEST !!!!!!

Ah, ok , thank you, funny thing. You may have seen, i'm from Germany. So it originally comes from "Über" (two dots on top of the U). Why not, we use so many english terms in Germany. Believe me, it's ridiculous.

The AKM's pull radius is known to be 150 meters, now, that radius is extremely high, yes, but the damage on that weapon is almost doubled to that of its AK cousins. If you'd like another gun with a smaller aggro radius you may want to try the AK or possibly troll around at the NWAF, Stary/Cherno Military Tents, or the Balota hangars for an M16, MP5, or an M4A1, All are extremely powerful weapons with a pull radius of about 80-85 meters, if you'd like more information here is a website that can tell you the pull radius of each gun and it will tell you exactly where they can spawn. http://dayzdb.com/map#4.048.062

I don't seem to pull an abnormal amount with my AKM.

Yes. The AKM seems fucking insane now. One shot, and I have a party spanning two cities over coming to visit.

if you take a look at this chart:

http://dayzdb.com/da...apon-comparison

It is one of the loudest guns.

Right, I realized it is loud but it seems over the top since 1.7.2.4. Pulls zeds waaaaay further than 150m IMO. I agree on whoever suggested the AK-74, that is what I've been using and it feels about 'right' in it's aggro range. Just for comparison, my friend was firing an AKM next to me firing a AK-74 Kobra and zeds aggroed from more than double the range of the AK-74, which shouldn't happen if this chart is accurate: http://dayzdb.com/database/weapon-comparison

Anyone else noticed this since 1.7.2.4? Friend fired one last night at airfield and pulled every single zed in the area, including ones we couldn't even see.

I experienced this about an hour ago. I was in Cherno at night and some guy with a makarov trys to kill and shoots me like 5 times (I should have died but thanks to the nerf i lived). I then shot him like 3 times with my AKM and he died. He had a CZ550 on his back and I wanted it for kicks but the amount of zombies I pulled was CRAY CRAY! I tried to hide and bandage myself but once I saw 15 zombies running towards I had to abandon hope and run inside a building first. But, there must have been at least 20-25 zombies outside the house slowly walking in. It makes me want to find another gun. The stopping power is great though. The one shot kill on zombies and 3-4 on players is really helpful. It saved me.

Yeah, it does have audible range of 150 meters, its one hit kill thought...

AKM is by far one of the my Favs for its Common spawns, Mag Availability and even its Dmg in Pvp, but For zeds I find it a Nuisance i just only shoot it in Dangerous Situations such as running from zombies in a field and not having time to switch to my super nerfed Revolver lol. :rolleyes:

same with the Winchester I've found, really annoying.

No kidding, went to the NW airfield today and got cornered/stuck in a building with one zombie. Shot it once with the Winchester, and seemed like I had every zombie from the entire airfield there. Barely got out of that building to be able to lose them in another. heh

It's the only gun (I don't even carry a sidearm anymore) I use and I love the shit out of it! I welcome the Z rush. It's more fun for me. :D

It definitely draws aggro. I was in Stary Sobor in the giant warehouse. I went up to the top of the steps and fired at a Z to see how many would come running. I didn't realize that the steps going out the back would be littered with 25-30 bodies...

It was fun actually. I ran full blast all the way to the grocery store and did it again. The entire time I was there, I never took any enemy fire. In fact, I never even saw another survivor.