cutzero

Is rocket satisfied with us?

I don't know how to explain this... but I wonder whether rocket is satisfied with us as a community. I've read that he wants us to balance and therefore "make" the game, but I've recently read some suggestions which don't seem to point in the direction the game should go as rocket intended. Rocket says everytime that DayZ is an experiment and therefore it can be abortet whenever he wants. This is my biggest fear. DayZ is such a new, fresh idea and it's so incredibly fun that it would be very sad if this goes wrong just because the community failed. So what do you think? IMO DayZ achieved and can achieve A LOT in the future (just look at numbers like sales etc, you now what I mean). Maybe, just maybe, rocket can tell us what he expect from us.

-Cutzero

PS:

I know it's said a billion times, but I love you for making this mod rocket!!!

I'm sure in a way, he's laughing at us, scolding us, and praising us at the same time.

• Like 1

There will always be crying carebears. Generally the majority of people should be ignored with extreme prejudice if you want to actually get anywhere & not ruin the product. Just look at the Battlefield series, absolutely destroyed because DICE listened to the majority whiners on the forums.

This community is one of the less retarded from what I've seen. I've actually been quite impressed. Sure there are a lot of carebear QQers but that's kind of a given. The hardcore OFP/Arma guys who have come over are balancing them out to some degree.

There will always be crying carebears. Generally the majority of people should be ignored with extreme prejudice if you want to actually get anywhere & not ruin the product. Just look at the Battlefield series' date=' absolutely destroyed because DICE listened to the majority whiners on the forums.

This community is one of the less retarded from what I've seen. I've actually been quite impressed. Sure there are a lot of carebear QQers but that's kind of a given. The hardcore OFP/Arma guys who have come over are balancing them out to some degree.

[/quote']

He said as if the guys throwing insults at people they disagree with aren't part of the problem as well.

We have all been very naughty and need to repent! Rocket will send his wrath unless we give him a burnt offering of cow or rabbit!

he's wishing he had charged a dollar..

and when beta comes out he should charge something.. at least listen to a community that will pay for his shit over a community who might not even stick with it..

he made ARMA a lot of money..

Every forum is the same, and it's always disappointing.

Every thread is the same, it is so frustrating. You can literally predict what the posts are going to be like: people talking about carebears and justifying PVP.

Well, was ANYONE against PVP in the first place? Did anyone seriously complained and suggested that there shouldn't be PKing? I haven't seen any, but if there is someone that thinks like that, he's obviously playing the wrong game.

Then comes the "THE GAME IS PERFECT DON'T CHANGE A THING" boyz. What the flying fuck are they doing in an alpha if they don't want changes? Jeez.

And then those that want to punish killers. Why? Because the artificial set of morals we grew up with says so?

And those that keeps contradicting themselves with comments like "the game should be fair, no playstyle should have advantages". Wat. This is already in every game in the world. Every playstyle has disadvantages and advantages and you need to learn how the counter them. Running gets you tired and aiming like a handless blind hobo, it's a clear disadvantage for runners and gunners.

And finally the morons that wants everyone killing each other because that's where the action is and if you don't like it you're a crying baby.

It's pretty tiresome, I'm sure. I wouldn't be offended if he started to despise the community.

and when beta comes out he should charge something.. at least listen to a community that will pay for his shit over a community who might not even stick with it..

rocket stated that he won't take money because money fucks things up. And if you ask me, he's right.

I know rocket loves me!

How? You ask.

He posts silly remarks that make me chuckle.

rocket stated that he won't take money because money fucks things up. And if you ask me' date=' he's right.

[/quote']

that's actually ridiculous.. few bucks to a CPA to handle his taxes and he could turn this into something big.

Battlefield started as a mod.. There are not many successful game projects that required no money...

DayZ forum is Rocket's own little infinite monkey theorem, how can he not be proud/conserned/terrified/amused.

Pretty sure he is, but he more than likely love us better if some of us stopped being carebears, stop wanting change (It's an Alpha guys, things will be added or it would be a final product), and for the love of god stopped flinging around our fallacies (Majority of the opinions I've seen here) as facts.

Greetings,

From what i have had time to read up on in the short time that i have been lucky enough to have been playing this MOD, i think that the Messiah that you speak of "Rocket" deserves alot of respect, i for one tip my hat in his direction...

It's an amazing take on things, the game play the whole package could be the beginning of very good things, its a breath of fresh air in the online gaming scene, MMO seems to be the only decent thing around on PC format unless you count the FPS battlefield COD etc etc..

Give the guy a break none the less, what he has created is a cult following and the beginning of a massive take off... seriously i didnt really know about ARMA as a series before my friends word of mouth pointer towards this MOD..

As the above have stated i myself know of 10 people that have purchased the combined ops from Steam just to play this and i know of atleast one game server rental company that have seen alot of new requests to host the game..

Good luck to him i'm just glad i'm here now while its in an alpha stage. where are the guys from ARMA thanking him? any news on that? the forums have a great deal of information and the mod remains a brilliant piece of work, regardless of bugs and the whole waiting for a server response.. i for one hope it goes the next step this could be one of the greatest games of all time and im sure alot of the big boys are already snooping like dirty bandits on towers!

Rocket we love you man, keep up the fantastic work all of you..

Rocket has tax problems?

lol.. the only reason i could see him thinking money fucks things up is the fact that once he starts collecting money this becomes a different beast. Not just a hobby. He's got to collect and pay taxes. Especially being from the EU (i think i read that somewhere) it's probably a pretty ridiculous thing to deal with.. on top of he'd have to hire someone or quit his day job and actually deliver a finished product (at some point).

To me it's not a big problem.. Collect 100s of thousands now hire a couple of people. .hammer out updates keeping people interested and focused..

eventually turn it into an RPG ala darkfall or xsyon or mortal online and charge people a recurring fee..

or better yet get bought out by EA and go chill on a florida beach somewhere..

opportunities have arisen for this fella..

Why not PM rocket privately and hear he's actual answer ?

u you all want to publicaly implying what rocket has to think/say ?

just ask him and let us know what he said.

What kind of creepy ass guy PMs asking "Hey rocket. Are you pleased with us?" ?

When the time comes, I'll be asking the community to support this, with their wallets. But that time isn't now, its not the right time for that. I just honestly don't believe a massive cash injection would suddenly make everything better.

Am I satisfied? Of course I am! You guys pushed an obscure, old, game into the top sellers for an entire month on team. You made the gaming media wake up and take notice... and of what? A mod? A mod in Alpha? One that's pretty broken, difficult, complex, cruel, frustrating?

I didn't buy all those copies, you guys did. What a cool message to send to the publishers and studios out there. You can have a million good reviews, and a million people playing your game... but unless it is affecting a studios bottom line it probably won't get taken very seriously. The success is still very small, relatively speaking - but its the speed and the strength of the message you guys have sent that has made people stand up and take notice.

My responsibility is to stay true to what this is, and to keep saying what we have all been saying for a long time... because now the gaming media is listening, and the gaming publishers are scratching their heads and beginning to wonder if just maybe their customers aren't actually retarded and just maybe this social media thing is more than just a marketing gimmick. Just maybe new ideas that are not shit can travel extremely fast, even if their delivery is a bit shit. Just maybe people want something exciting, and they're not actually that concerned with the packaging and the sexy bits.

My carebears comments and such, my build notes. I'm just trying to have some fun, maybe force a bit of introspection and get people to ditch the traditional shackles of modern video gaming boundaries. I think it's important to have some fun and not take yourself too seriously. I'm just a guy, a normal guy who loves this style of game. I was in the right place, at the right time, with the right thing. That's just how it rolls. My only regret is that I have to choose my words very carefully now, making jokes is fraught with difficulties. But that's just all part of it I guess.

• Like 2

rocket stated that he won't take money because money fucks things up. And if you ask me' date=' he's right.

[/quote']

that's actually ridiculous.. few bucks to a CPA to handle his taxes and he could turn this into something big.

Battlefield started as a mod.. There are not many successful game projects that required no money...

You say that now, but have someone hand you a few million dollars... watch how fast you change. I know I changed and all I got was a couple thousand. Add to that that this seems to be a group of people working on different parts of the mod, and money will just make things far more complicated then they need to be, so money should be left out of it till it's in it's RC (Release Candidate) build phase.

What kind of creepy ass guy PMs asking "Hey rocket. Are you pleased with us?" ?

i would, i would send my postcards to rocket too, and my some really really old melancholic dead flowers, and maybe a self-made cake.

Caution: I've only read the first post.

I have no faith in roughly 52% of this community. But of course, that goes for all communities that are able to give suggestions to a developer. It's not that people are stupid, it's just that people have stupid ideas. And are, by extension, stupid.

I've seen a lot of ideas that really enhance that "realistic zombie survival" experience. There's some very intelligent (and talented) people here. I think Rocket knows what he wants, and, since he's not making any real money off of the mod, he'll stick to it and take suggestions that he's comfortable with. His wallet is in his pocket, not with a publisher.

That's just my two cents.

EDIT: Saw Rocket's post on page 2. Yep. Hopefully things won't change too much when he starts charging.

Rocket is like the Zack De La Rocha of computer nerds.

My carebears comments and such' date=' my build notes. I'm just trying to have some fun, maybe force a bit of introspection and get people to ditch the traditional shackles of modern video gaming boundaries. I think it's important to have some fun and not take yourself too seriously. I'm just a guy, a normal guy who loves this style of game. I was in the right place, at the right time, with the right thing. That's just how it rolls. My only regret is that I have to choose my words very carefully now, making jokes is fraught with difficulties. But that's just all part of it I guess.

[/quote']

Carebears aren't something to joke about, this is a serious matter [/humor]