Sign in to follow this  
gatortribe

Eating raw meat, sort of like Minecraft

So, the other day I had found an AKM and all was fine and dandy. Until that knife and fork started flashing furiously. Out of canned goods and matchless, my raw meat was worthless to me.

And then it dawned on me. Why can't I eat raw meat, and risk getting an infection/virus? At the time I didn't care about an infection, I was stalked on antibiotics. But when I think about it, getting sick is rare enough as it is, why not throw in an extra gamble?

Edited by Gatortribe
  • Like 6

Good point, eating raw meat should be in the game, with 50 % chance of infection, or more ;)

It is a sandbox game after all, if you want to eat raw meat that's your prerogative. Mind you, I would have the risk of sickness and infection increased to 75% myself.

What if I like my beef Rare/ Blue :)

I no want to get infected!

this actually seems like a realistic idea, but antibiotics don't kill parasites so maybe not

True. Killing parasites is a pain irl, can't imagine how hard would it be in dayz.

What if I like my beef Rare/ Blue :)

I no want to get infected!

Eating a properly handled/cooked blue steak is different from eating a raw piece of meat that's been rolling around in your backpack for two days. :lol:

Edited by Cummins

you guys evidently haven't been to Japan before. I've eaten raw meat cooked 'chemically' on several occasions and I was just fine and still am just fine...

It depends on the meat. A beef steak you could eat raw without any problems, some people actually eat raw steaks out of choice. Chicken on the other hand...

Edited by mZLY

I'm guessing the devs have to fiddle with the infection chances. When sickness came out, it was a catastrophe. I know antibiotics don't fight of parasites, but they do fight off bacteria, which is what can be lurking in raw meat (take E. Coli for example).

A lot of cultures eat raw beef, i don't know why all of you are saying it should give 50% or more to "infect" or do other things to you.

It's not like you picked it out of a ditch after the cow died days earlier.

Now an expiration date that makes raw beef go rotten would be more realistic.

I totally agree that we should, if desperate enough, have the choice of eating the meat raw to stop starvation but with a huge risk of disease. Hopefully there will be more "infections" in the future and there could be a random risk of different types of disease be it a bacterial infection or just nausea with different cures for each to find.

I agree but I think it'd need to add in the different types of meat so it's more realistic, i.e. Beef and pork wouldn't infect you as much whilst chicken and rabbit would.

Edited by FishIsTwonk

A lot of cultures eat raw beef, i don't know why all of you are saying it should give 50% or more to "infect" or do other things to you.

It's not like you picked it out of a ditch after the cow died days earlier.

Now an expiration date that makes raw beef go rotten would be more realistic.

Raw beef has a potential to get you sick (Food poisoning, not a bacterial infection like what is already in game). The 50% (although it should be lower) would be more of a consequence for not making a fire and cooking it.

just remove matches imo ......you can fly a chopper ,kill hordes of zombies ,replace major car parts operate military gear and administer morphine to yourself after breaking bones yet cant make a simple fire in the woods .....tbh even cavemen managed this

just remove matches imo ......you can fly a chopper ,kill hordes of zombies ,replace major car parts operate military gear and administer morphine to yourself after breaking bones yet cant make a simple fire in the woods .....tbh even cavemen managed this

It takes about an hour to make a friction fire. Wanna make that happen?

Eating a properly handled/cooked blue steak is different from eating a raw piece of meat that's been rolling around in your backpack for two days. :lol:

Er... you do realize that, IRL, 'fresh' meat purchased from a butcher has been hanging about dead and unrefrigerated for a goodly while (read: days) before it ever reaches a butcher or refrigerator? :)

Er... you do realize that, IRL, 'fresh' meat purchased from a butcher has been hanging about dead and unrefrigerated for a goodly while (read: days) before it ever reaches a butcher or refrigerator? :)

Maybe we should request refrigerator backpacks...