Timmymachine109 (DayZ)

Clan vs Clan PVP Competition

Hey all,

I was thinking of organising (would need some help) a Clan vs Clan competition of some sort. Here are my thoughts about how this could be achieved:

We could do anything size groups but obviously the more people are involved the more of a logistical nightmare it would become. But for example we could do 2v2 up to 8v8. In order to participate a clan would have to supply some sort of high end item(s) as an entrance fee. It would be a knockout sort of event where the winner would take the entrance fee from all the others (Maybe second place gets their entrance fee back?). Each clan would be allowed a set amount of extra people (Say 3-4) just incase a member of their team was killed mid match and they needed to refill their team for the next match.

All of the teams would be spread around an area looking outwards to defend the battle area and shoot anyone coming close (A meet point would would be sent out to a representative from each clan a short period before the event. At the meet point the clans would be lead to the battle area defensive positions). When it's a team's turn to compete they would send their team minus the subs to either start point A or B (At either ends of the area) to meet with a member of the organising team. On their first battle they would hand over their entrance fee so we could store it somewhere safe nearby during the competition. Once both teams are in position they would be told at the same time to enter the battle area and the match would start. It would end when 1 team was dead. When the winner of the competition has been decided the rest of their clan would be lead to the place where the prize was stored so they could collect it. All equipment could be collected by the winning team of each battle too.

In order to stop clan subs shooting people in the battle area a member of "security" would be with each clan's subs to report on any suspicious behavior. If any of them fired inwards at people in the battles the clan would be disqualified, everyone would get their entrance fee back apart from them and that clan would be banned from further competitions. The event could then be rescheduled and continue in a different location.

If anyone else has any further ideas/ways we could provide extra security/would like to help please post below. Also if any clan is interested in this please post your clan name and how many people you could have in your team (Team + 4 subs).

Below is an example on the map of what I mean :)

post-18330-0-48145700-1343905265_thumb.j

• Like 1

That look great, it just the managing that you have to do :P

Dude... I was thinking the same thing. I avoided posting anything on the forums simply because organizing such an event would be nearly impossible. You would have to have a closed server, in which case it wouldn't be connected to the HIVE.

If you had a server that was unofficial and locked, then perhaps you could set something up like this. If it were official, you wouldn't be allowed to lock it. If it wasn't locked, then you would have a lot of random people running into the crossfire of the clan vs. clan. Also hackers might end up popping in (perhaps friends of an opposing clan that's butthurt because they're losing).

I've been reading through a lot of posts and threads about people who have had 'wars' with other clans. Generally these end up being unexpected occurances and tend to come out somewhat friendly. In fact, my clan had an encounter with Cherno's Finest (which were ironically in Elektro) and I was friendly about it.

I don't think this is going to be possible with the current state of the game. Between hackers, bugs, and things that restrict the ability to actually host things like this legitmately. Just wanted to share my views. I've been discussing this with my group for nearly two weeks.

Why not just play Arma 2 and set up this TDM scenario if its PVP you're after?

Simple. Because it's more fun to play a PvP scenario when there is something to gain and something to lose. The rush of hours of hard work getting ready to flush down the drain is pretty intense. Just isn't the same if you can pick your gear and go after another squad... Everyone would be using L85's and AS50's.

Edited by Tsyn
  • Like 1

hmmmm, the idea is not bad, but the organisation is way to difficult. Make it easier. Hide the tent with the mainprice in some forest. let the teams start from different points. Than you tell them in which grid the tent is hidden - of course not the exact grid, more like 05x04x- and let them fight to the death. the last survivor gets everything.

• Like 2

Random players shouldn't be able to get into the middle of the battle area because of the clan teams surrounding it. If it was done on a reasonably low pop server and the clans took up most of the room it wouldn't be too hard to protect.

As for hackers that are friends of clans I suppose there isn't much you could do about it...Maybe switch servers between each match so that the losing teams didn't know where the match was happening? I've been playing for about a month or so and I've only seen a hacker once...from what I've read in the forums it seems to be mainly on US and RU servers so maybe stick to EU servers?

hmmmm, the idea is not bad, but the organisation is way to difficult. Make it easier. Hide the tent with the mainprice in some forest. let the teams start from different points. Than you tell them in which grid the tent is hidden - of course not the exact grid, more like 05x04x- and let them fight to the death. the last survivor gets everything.

I'd thought of something like this too...Or maybe a king of the hill type competition so all start at certain points and then have to run to and defend a position (pre made with sandbags, tank traps and wire). Last one standing gets the gear.

clan battles is a dumb idea. Who can camp the hardest wins.

meet my L85 8)

clan battles is a dumb idea. Who can camp the hardest wins.

Would be true if the only objective is to erase the enemy in one spot. But it will always gets fun when they run out of ammo, and start attacking each other with an axe :-)

New idea: every player gets an axe, and an axe only! The lumberjack tournament!

If anyone from Freeside Trading Co. is reading this would you be able to help with security?

I like the idea, but nah. We've had hackers shitting on us the past week or so; we're going to need a while to recover.

My teammates and I (we're not exactly a clan) had a little 2v2v2v2 throwdown in the Elektro industrial area last night. Had a slow start because some derphard with a Lee Enfield ambushed us (fair play to him) and then tried ghosting us (not so cool). Once we got going it was a blast, mostly because we had an odd assortment of weapons; an AKM, FN FAL, various M4 variants, and my monster of a Mk48.

That will end VERY badly. Unless you have a privateable server, you're kind of fucked.

Even WITHOUT hacking.

It can work with organized clan battles. But it must be way simpler than this. Say its 7 vs 7. The two leaders talk to eachother on voip before the game and decide on a place to fight, for example around stary or ne airstrip. One clan on each side. Then the teams have one hour to get ready and position themselves around that area (they can do this on any server). After one hour the leaders talk on voip again and decide on a server. Leaders stay on same voip until all players are ready to begin, and after that they go to their own clan voip and the teams start killing eachother. When all members of one team is dead the other team wins, and they can collect whatever loot they want from the dead team that they have on them. I would enjoy watching that on a couple of streams for sure :D

• Like 1

Wel i just read this post for the first time ,, 

its indeed diffucult to do this ,, 

but i had the same idea 

i am prepair to lock my private dayz stand alone server for this idea ,,, 

and if any one has a great idea for this to work it out i am all ear to listen to make a clan war and set up a ranking system or someting 

you can contact me at 

teamspeak : teamspeak.unitedgamers.eu 

and this is my name : [uG]Rexie

join the teamspeak and if i am there join the channel and tell me what your idea is 

hopefully we see you all soon 

hopefully we see you all soon 

since thread has been started at august 2012 and you just reply february 2015, what means "soon" for you ? 

ps : old threads should be auto-locked/closed whatever