*Regulator* Oldtribe

The Regulators are looking for good people

Guys, you seem to be the right thing for me, because this was anyway the way I play the game :). I'm gonna register to your forums.

A long time fan since "operation flashpoint", dayz brought me back to arma 2.

Already interested in your group, and have requested assistance in your forum.

It's hard starting out in the game, but I am not dead yet, and have been through 2 of the major towns in the game, Elektro and Chernogorsk.

A friendly group out to help out others, seems to be the right way to go in this :)

All right, I just signed up! Hope to do some good out there in the ex-soviet wastes!

I'd be interested in this. My current character is really loaded down with everything I could need to survive on my own for weeks, but it's really boring. Where do I sign up? XD

Hey I will Join I have been playing for quite awhile and have I've kind of lost my purpose in the game plus this is my kind of play style anyway.

Interesting experiment. Have been shot/axed in the face once too often. Lacking a bit of purpose in the game too so this sounds perfect!

Registering on your forums. Can be found on UK servers lurking in the woods..

Interesting.

I guess this is more of a player ethos, with the name, or brand even, being used to promote that ethos? I like it, but I think a more organised group would be useful as well. Do you have larger group assignments sometimes, or call in help for certain servers?

Also, I guess we wouldn't be much good if we're always dead and low on gear because of the trusting nature. Do you regularly share equipment?

Me and my group are very interested to join i pmed ya oldtribe, we look forward to serving with you and your team. We are really looking for more of a purpose, while whenever we do encounter players we maintain the fire when fired upon mindset, we seem to have way too much time on our hands and would like to get involved with your wars against bandit clans. We have raided a camp of bandits before and we were extremely satsfied with it. We are not noobs but we arent exactly pros. Good luck out there :)

That sounds good. I personally have adopted a "friendly" playstyle as well and will try to convince others to join.

Edited by GodOfGrain

I'm in. I'm still a little green, but this is my play style. Is there a list of members? Also, is there a way in Dayz to add friends and to keep track of them across servers? I'm just getting back into PC gaming and a lot has changed since 1998 when I left!

Also, any other USA regulators out there?

I'm in. I'm still a little green, but this is my play style. Is there a list of members? Also, is there a way in Dayz to add friends and to keep track of them across servers? I'm just getting back into PC gaming and a lot has changed since 1998 when I left!

Also, any other USA regulators out there?

http://regulators.freeforums.org/regulator-roster-t4.html

I don't think there is a way to keep track of or add friends.

Also yeah, we have quite a few American Regulators. I myself am American. Use our forums if you want to get in touch with other Regulators: http://regulators.freeforums.org/index.php

Interesting.

I guess this is more of a player ethos, with the name, or brand even, being used to promote that ethos? I like it, but I think a more organised group would be useful as well. Do you have larger group assignments sometimes, or call in help for certain servers?

Also, I guess we wouldn't be much good if we're always dead and low on gear because of the trusting nature. Do you regularly share equipment?

You hit the nail on the head - it's more of an ideology than a clan. We are organized into smaller cells that operate within their regions much like small clans and for bigger operations and emergencies, multiple cells can be combined to form a bigger task force.

There is already a fully functional medical service within the Regulators as well as equipment sharing and resupplying (our guys are "walking tents" :D). Since most members are lone wolves, they come across a lot of useful gear and can deliver it to you if you need it.

-O

This is a really great idea and much needed one at that!

I will join tonight when I get home, as a solo player it's really difficult to find anyone that wont just shoot me on sight and as such I have had to avoid large towns like the plague during daylight,

I have thus become quite capable of surviving on my own in the woods, only entering towns at night in search of ammunition, but beyond that it would be nice to have purpose and maybe find some like minded friends along the way!

I'm on the EU servers.

At the moment. Me and my small group of friends have everything we need to survive. We have shed-loads of endgame gear. Spare ghillies, NVGs, Rangefinders, Snipers, Silenced Assualt rifles. We have a Bus and a car. We're all on around day 10. I'm on Day 13 at the moment. I would be very happy to help in some way. But I'm still following Rule number 1.Trust No one.

The Regulators follow the golden rule: Do not do to others what you do not wish done to yourself.

We're careful when dealing with survivors, but the whole point of this movement is to create as much trust as we can. If you're willing to play with this in mind, you are very warmly welcome to join us.

Stay safe,

-O

You hit the nail on the head - it's more of an ideology than a clan. We are organized into smaller cells that operate within their regions much like small clans and for bigger operations and emergencies, multiple cells can be combined to form a bigger task force.

There is already a fully functional medical service within the Regulators as well as equipment sharing and resupplying (our guys are "walking tents" :D). Since most members are lone wolves, they come across a lot of useful gear and can deliver it to you if you need it.

-O

OK cool I'm in then. I'll sign up on the forums and and add the tag to my name later on today or tomorrow. My current character has just reached self sufficiency with food and water so ready to branch out.

BTW have any of you tried DayZ Commander? I haven't but it looks like a good way to keep track of friends - every regulator could add one another and have access to every server they're operating in,

Would love to join this! Played since DayZ came out, and I've only killed about 2 players (bandits, who opened fire first).

Is it required to have a mic? Currently, I don't have one since it got broken...

And, are there NO requirements regarding teaming up with other regulators? I like playing however I wan't.

So, if following the code is the only requirement, I'm in! :)

Would love to join this! Played since DayZ came out, and I've only killed about 2 players (bandits, who opened fire first).

Is it required to have a mic? Currently, I don't have one since it got broken...

And, are there NO requirements regarding teaming up with other regulators? I like playing however I wan't.

So, if following the code is the only requirement, I'm in! :)

No requirements except for following the code. I play on my own and I don't have a mic. But if you want, you can always opt-in to play with other Regulators. The Regulators are about options and freedom, so long as you don't break our primary rule (basically be friendly), you are free to do whatever you want however you want. Want to just survive, no PvP? Okay, go for it. Want to hunt down and murder the murderers that are making life miserable on pretty much everyone? Go for it!

In fact, you don't even have to let us know you've joined. We have quite a few Regulators that have never reported the fact that they've joined, and that don't do anything on the forums. This is perfectly casual, but at the same time has the squad-oriented gameplay that a regular clan has if you want to participate in it.

P.S. We now have over 60 confirmed Regulators, over 1,000 posts on our private forums, and now a dedicated channel on a TS3 server, and medical service for other Regulators. We're growing quite fast.

Edited by *Regulator* Curt

Just raising awareness for our great cause.

We are making the change as we speak.

Regulators can be found everywhere at any given time.

Imagine yourself being the cause for bandits to look over their shoulders again, making them think twice before they do their evil.

Don't sit on the sidelines, but act.

Visit http://regulators.freeforums.org/index.php for more info!

The movement is now 2 weeks old and we're growing in numbers and organizing but like Curt said, there are a lot of lone wolf operators in the Regulators too. We'd be honored to have you with us!

Stay safe,

-O