Sol (DayZ)

Can't beat them, join them

Day Z mirrors real life in a way - you can be a cunt or be nice.

I find it more enjoyable to be nice, but then you may die to a cunt.

Swings and roundabouts, play how your soul tells you to play.

I got:

Box of Matches

Hunting Knife

Hatchet

Water Bottle

M14 AIM

M1911

Plenty of medical supplies.

I no longer need to go within 300m of any building in the game to survive. If I should run out of ammo for some reason (very unlikely) I can just swing by deerstands in the middle of nowhere, and might even upgrade my M14 there.

What now?

I beat the game. I survived. I can get all the food I need in the woods, all the water I need from the lakes. Considering the amount of snipers around most larger cities, survival instinct dictates that I go nowhere near those places, ever. Thus my chances to survive are increased.

So only thing left to do in the game is sit in a bush until water/food gets low, then eat/drink and after about 72 hours logged in I might need to go hunt for more food.

Optionally, I could do what everyone does as end-game content, and go pussy out in a bush and snipe people.

However, I have some principles regarding griefing, and if I truly wanted to just snipe people I would be playing BF3, Sniper Ghost Warrior or a similar game rather than a glitchy mod filled with random script-kiddies.

So, considering I won the game I'll just leave it behind until there is new/more content added for the game that gives me something to do rather than either 1: Sit in a bush until food runs out or 2: Go snipe random people for no reason whatsoever.

Now u get into à group and starts to play with a goal, build tradingstations and/or work with people to create trained groups to go after bandits..... I dont beat this game just becourse i Can survive in the forrest..... It rakes no more than maximum à couple of hours to reach that state!!!!

Your thread is entitled, "can't beat them, join them". Throughout the thread you whine you can't find anything fun to do, and so will do this "unfun" thing instead.

You're actually saying the only thing left to do is something that isn't fun and you're going to do it. How crappy must your life be to voluntarily play something unfun? Why don't you go and spend some with that "wife" of yours instead? After you inflate her ofc..

Stop defending yourself. Your thread is just another in a long line of whine.

HAHAHAH ok dude, whatever you say :)

If the game wasn't fun I wouldn't play it... I said I'm having fun so I don't know what you're on about.

Also my wife said you can shove it up your ass... she got quite offended by the fact you thought she was inflatable.

Please stop assuming stuff about me that you don't know, or I will report you for being abusive and thread shitting. Bye! :D

And why would we care if you make a big deal about you - a single player within the 950k unique players - changing your play style?

How is it any worse then the rest of the garbage that gets posted here? This is an official guide to help players play correctly... I don't see how it's to do with "caring" at all, but ok... suit yourself. I guess if you don't care, then don't post? Just a thought.

-snip-

Yeah I've done all that and more after only one day of playing. I then found it futile to try and keep anything since, well... everyone just kills you no matter what the instant they see you. I figured, this was the best way to play since I always died like this. Now I shoot anything that moves, and wow... it's fun!

~Sol

How are u helping new players. All u do is bashing the game Coz the only Way u Can stay alive is by shooting newbs at cherno....... Play the game instead of griefing!!!!

HAHAHAH ok dude, whatever you say :)

If the game wasn't fun I wouldn't play it... I said I'm having fun so I don't know what you're on about.

Also my wife said you can shove it up your ass... she got quite offended by the fact you thought she was inflatable.

Please stop assuming stuff about me that you don't know, or I will report you for being abusive and thread shitting. Bye! :D

How is it any worse then the rest of the garbage that gets posted here? This is an official guide to help players play correctly... I don't see how it's to do with "caring" at all, but ok... suit yourself. I guess if you don't care, then don't post? Just a thought.

Yeah I've done all that and more after only one day of playing. I then found it futile to try and keep anything since, well... everyone just kills you no matter what the instant they see you. I figured, this was the best way to play since I always died like this. Now I shoot anything that moves, and wow... it's fun!

~Sol

You ACTUALLY sit there with or near your wife, reading out what random people say on the internet about her?

Holy..

Shit

lkjlkjlk.jpg

• Like 3

I have one of those for scanning for victims. It shoots like poo though.

I figure since DayZ was made to be a greifer paradise, to easily ruin other peoples fun... I may as well play the game as per design.

~Sol

33uygcz.jpg

Thread full of badasses right here.

Tehee.

Edited by Dickhat

You ACTUALLY sit there with or near your wife, reading out what random people say on the internet about her?

Holy..

Shit

lkjlkjlk.jpg

Beans for XKCD reference.

Thread full of badasses right here.

It's better than a thread full of carebears and people crying to let people "have fun and do their own thing" in all honesty.

Large cites are deathtraps in post-apocalyptic Chernarus, news at 11. Just goes to show that all of those experts who predicted that barns in the middle of nowhere would be the deathtraps were full of beans.

OP your great epic story sounded like pretty standard game play to me.

You've made half a dozen threads bitching about KOS, Bandits, DM, etc but it doesn't sound like your experiance in game has been that bad.

Your reasoning, "Because there are countless enemies against me" therefore "I will become an enemy to everyone" or "Since I'm butt hurt I will try to make others butt hurt" is exactly what your complaining about.

Because you, and everyone else that wants a fundemental change in game play, are weak, give up, and would rather make a post complaining than a post looking for others to group up with "Bad guys" will always win. You don't get a cookie or pat on the head for playing the game the way you want, there is no arbitrary bs reward for anything in this game. If you want something you work for it and expose yourself to the risks associated with your actions. Being "Good", living by a moral code, or acting with principle are not easy or rewarding. There is a reason its called being selfless, if you want play that character sweet but STFU about whats against you, you are the one deciding to play that way.

No dude, you don't understand, Sol is so much more intelligent than us, that by posting his official guide to playing..

He essentially has completed his masterpiece, all the threads have come together and by simply playing the way he bitches, his soul, heart and mind are unified and the universe is in balance.

Now some hacker can kill him again, and he can make a new thread about how now he hacks.. NOW the real fun starts.

This dude's an attention whoring clown but it sounds like he graduated top of his couldn't afford higher education bracket and I respect that.

You'll find him at Walmart getting into arguments with the cart gatherers over parking lot etiquette. But god dammit, he's right and he's not leaving until they fucking get it. It's not because he cares, it's just because he's right.. :]

Sol, you'll find very satisfying social gaming in a variety of other games that I could recommend. The vast majority of them hand-hold you right through the process and won't allow you, your friends or some random stranger to ruin the fun.

I would love to see your Starcraft 2 thread.. "CAN'T BEAT'M JOIN'M" where you explain how you're zergling rushing every game cause THAT'S ALL THAT WORK.

Edited by WisdomSnork
  • Like 1

Yes, because idiots still take this thread seriously. The person who gives the least amount of fucks appears to be Sol. Everybody else is trolling themselves.

• Like 1

I've been an indie dev for about 20 years and have been working on a project for about 7-8 months now with two other guys.

Just FYI, I'm 33 and a bored a gave developer.

~Sol

Doing math is fun.

Edited by Patient Zer0

Interesting strategy OP. I will be in the hills chasing goats with my crossbow and peeing in my canteen because only savages drink directly from a water source.

You animals.

• Like 2

I havn't died a whole lot to bandits so far. I learned to just hide and stalk pretty quickly, so that's pretty much what i do. I don't like sitting in one place sniping, it's not hard after hitting the first shot anyway, besides, i don't like killing players just for fun.