Sign in to follow this  
munchy

92 kills in 1h55m...... wtf

Clearly it's because all of those 92 players were bad and they need to go play Dead Island as someone suggested to me.

Not that this game currently encourages rampant game-destroying player killing of newbs for no reason.

Several things to remember,

The time is an approximation currently, based on game server time. If the server is running slowly this time also can. In future once the database is not so overworked we will track time at the database level.

Also, it was only several days after the alpha release that time was tracked at all, this could be a character from before that.

The time is messed up. I've was playing on the same guy for days and I only logged like three hours.

Clearly it's because all of those 92 players were bad and they need to go play Dead Island as someone suggested to me.

Not that this game currently encourages rampant game-destroying player killing of newbs for no reason.

Dude if you dislike the game so much stop playing.

The time is messed up. I've was playing on the same guy for days and I only logged like three hours.

I don't dislike the game at all, I dislike the fact that the vocal majority of the player base thinks it's perfect as a broken alpha, because they clearly are getting an adrenaline high off the kill. That was UO for me. I don't care what these kids want anymore. I want a mod that can sustain a community and grow and evolve to be something one of a kind.

I don't dislike the game at all' date=' I dislike the fact that the vocal majority of the player base thinks it's perfect as a broken alpha, because they clearly are getting an adrenaline high off the kill. That was UO for me. I don't care what these kids want anymore. I want a mod that can sustain a community and grow and evolve to be something one of a kind.

[/quote']

The problem is that this mod is NOT what you want and it never will be.

Go play STALKER. You can explore all day, it's fun and it has no other players.

I don't dislike the game at all' date=' I dislike the fact that the vocal majority of the player base thinks it's perfect as a broken alpha, because they clearly are getting an adrenaline high off the kill. That was UO for me. I don't care what these kids want anymore. I want a mod that can sustain a community and grow and evolve to be something one of a kind.

[/quote']

"broken alpha"...

Looks like the community is growing to me if we have a quick look at player stats and server counts. BTW i have one murder in game currently, I'm just tired of your constant whining bout the end times being not all its cracked up to be.

[/quote']

The majority disagrees with you that it's broken and the majority are having a great time. You are literally wasting your time whining about this.

Nothing is going to change, if that's a problem then leave.

I killed a guy yesterday over some beans. I felt bad about it because he didn't actually have any beans on him, I took note of how this game does make me think before killing somebody, and I moved on. I've met a lot of nice people and a lot of assholes. I'm cautious as fuck. I've died probably three times from zombies and once from other players. Make a group that is dedicated to killing bandits, just stop complaining.

Nothing is going to change' date=' if that's a problem then leave.

[/quote']

I'm not surprised to see that your worldview doesn't support the idea of change. Things will change, I assure you. This game will never again be as unfriendly as it is this week.

Things will change' date=' I assure you. This game will never again be as unfriendly as it is this week.

[/quote']

I find this improbable, as a very large amount of people seem to be disagreeing with you on multiple fronts. Consider the fact that many of us enjoy the PvP aspect and the fact that we may be murdered at any time. I think your use of the word "unfriendly" is a very mild way to characterize the social structure spawned by a zombie apocalypse in a post-Soviet state; mix guns, cities, and starving Eastern Europeans together and try to stop them from murdering each other.

I hope it gets more brutal, more hardcore, more unfriendly, more relentless.

Just with an actual fucking reason for it to be that way and not because of the fact that people are simply PEW PEW PEW L337 SnIpAgHwoLf gank greif LOL noob bads stay bad pro kill count omega scoreboard whoring turd festival that it is right now.

Things will change' date=' I assure you. This game will never again be as unfriendly as it is this week.

[/quote']

I find this improbable, as a very large amount of people seem to be disagreeing with you on multiple fronts. Consider the fact that many of us enjoy the PvP aspect and the fact that we may be murdered at any time. I think your use of the word "unfriendly" is a very mild way to characterize the social structure spawned by a zombie apocalypse in a post-Soviet state; mix guns, cities, and starving Eastern Europeans together and try to stop them from murdering each other.

It's a video game, get over yourself. As someone who's admittedly a mature combat vet recently stated in one of these threads, the people supporting the murdering are the younger ones in it for the cathartic release. If you've been around the internet for very long you'd know that forum users rarely reflect the development path of a game...Their job is usually to complain about everything.

I enjoy the PVP aspects of the game too, I don't want them removed in any way.

It's a video game' date=' get over yourself.

[/quote']

Indeed, but many of us are playing it for the sense of realism it has compared to many other run & gun games. I'd like to keep it very realistic while still being fun. It seems you and I have different thresholds on the "fun-realism" spectrum.

Also, you're very rude.

[/quote']

Indeed, but many of us are playing it for the sense of realism it has compared to many other run & gun games. I'd like to keep it very realistic while still being fun. It seems you and I have different thresholds on the "fun-realism" spectrum.

Also, you're very rude.

[/quote']

Also, you're very rude.

It's exactly my point that the least realistic thing possible is that everyone would shoot each other on sight after an apocalypse. Humans are naturally altruistic and what is displayed in the mod commonly is frankly misfit behavior.

It's exactly my point that the least realistic thing possible is that everyone would shoot each other on sight after an apocalypse. Humans are naturally altruistic and what is displayed in the mod commonly is frankly misfit behavior.

You're certainly making many sweeping generalizations here. I'd disagree with your claim that human beings are naturally altruistic, and I wouldn't be alone. Unfortunately, neither of us can prove our points, as everyone is different so we can't make overarching claims like the one you just made. I guess the best evidence of this fact is that there are both bandits and survivors in this mod -- everyone is different.

You're certainly making many sweeping generalizations here. I'd disagree with your claim that human beings are naturally altruistic' date=' and I wouldn't be alone. Unfortunately, neither of us can prove our points, as everyone is different so we can't make overarching claims like the one you just made. I guess the best evidence of this fact is that there are both bandits and survivors in this mod -- everyone is different.

[/quote']

No, I'm not making sweeping generalizations, I'm drawing from knowledge of sociology, anthropology, psychology, etc. If you disagree with my claim that human beings are naturally altruistic you would be considered wrong by every leading behaviorist...That's the problem with forums. Some people have educations and honestly know more than others and make better informed posts. It's not your duty to believe me, you can look it up yourself. Don't defy the truth though.

If you disagree with my claim that human beings are naturally altruistic you would be considered wrong by every leading behaviorist...That's the problem with forums. Some people have educations and honestly know more than others and make better informed posts. It's not your duty to believe me' date=' you can look it up yourself. Don't defy the truth though.

[/quote']

Oh, you're an asshole. Okay, my bust. Carry on.

If you disagree with my claim that human beings are naturally altruistic you would be considered wrong by every leading behaviorist...That's the problem with forums. Some people have educations and honestly know more than others and make better informed posts. It's not your duty to believe me' date=' you can look it up yourself. Don't defy the truth though.

[/quote']

No, really, you'd be laughed out of any college classroom for claiming that human beings aren't altruistic by nature. Yet you saw fit to present your opinion as having equal weight to mine. Now I'm an asshole for pointing out your lack of knowledge on the matter?

You believe the way that *you* want the game shapes reality. But that's not the way things work. Open your mind.

[/quote']

No, really, you'd be laughed out of any college classroom for claiming that human beings aren't altruistic by nature. Yet you saw fit to present your opinion as having equal weight to mine. Now I'm an asshole for pointing out your lack of knowledge on the matter?

You believe the way that *you* want the game shapes reality. But that's not the way things work. Open your mind.

Lol howaboutno

Humans are not altruistic without the confines of society, before we were civilized and in towns you were murdered for food,women, and supplies of various nature, the same it will be in the post-apocalypse. Some people value their humanity but some do not, deal with it or leave. Either decision stop whining like a little schoolgirl.

[/quote']

Lol howaboutno

Humans are not altruistic without the confines of society, before we were civilized and in towns you were murdered for food,women, and supplies of various nature, the same it will be in the post-apocalypse. Some people value their humanity but some do not, deal with it or leave. Either decision stop whining like a little schoolgirl.

Deviant behavior exists and has always existed and does not reflect on the overall gross altruistic nature of humanity. Of COURSE humans were altruistic without the confines of society, how do you think society came to exist?

You really shouldn't be trying to argue this if you haven't formally educated yourself in the matter. I'm not going to go back and forth with you.