START HERE: A Beginners Guide to DayZ Servers and Administration

Okay, I need help!

I decided after reading this post to contribute to the community by renting a server. However, I cannot connect to the server via IP/port, not can I find the server on the six-launcher. When I try to enter the server game through IP/Port, I get a message that I cannot play/edit this mission, and some items have been deleted.

I have full access to server settings, but I'm completely in the dark as far as how to choose which map the server plays, etc.

Can someone help>? I have Teamspeak and a chanel to aid the process.

I really appreciate the feedback.

Edited by Lead Express

Wow. Feels great to read your blog.Actually I was searching for the same information since many days but today I am

so lucky to land on your page. Thanks again for your hard work.

Hello Everyone..

I wanna start by saying im new to server hosting if that wasn't obvious already... i have a couple questions if i can get some serious responses it would be greatly appreciated. i recently purchased a server from vilayer and i know its not the best choice but decent price and good enough for me... i wanna know how, if i can restart the server without loosing tents and vehicles if that is possible b.c when i goto places now loot is never good and i haven't restarted in a while and i dont wanna restart if im going to loose everything. So how do i restart without loosing all of my good stuff since i use cars as tents b.c i need items to respawn. also if this is possible how do i set scheduled restarts in the game so this can be done automatically.

Thank you.

Hello, i have server on Vilayer hosting... I have no any vehicles on the server (it runs more than 3 days) and hosting support ask me to open ticket on support.dayzmod.com , but it need to login client area first. How can i register there? Soz for bad english...

from them ,the hive is official/global? or they'r giving private servers??

(noone is replying yet :( )

So why cant i password the server ??? Im paying for it if i want a private game thats my right :s

Wel i dont know abut u guys but i orderte a sever at XelaServers (For 15% off, enter promo code 15%DayZ )

1-12-12 but my server is stell pending and there suport never anser to my trikets i payed for a trail first and now tehhadmetopay for anotermonth but my server is stell pending and as it is when u ordera server with them it will take 24 Hours to get teh server ready but i have waited 29 days and stell no server.

i do recom that u remove this server host from the list but it is just my opinion abut it.

I have been having some issues settign up my server. i went with the host ViLayer and i am encountering problems. i bought their Arma 2: Day Z (arma2dayz) service.

i have since gone through issues after the server was successfully provisioned, every time i started it up i received an email saying that the server has been debranded without me me paying for it to be debranded. it then goes on to explain that i should either submit a ticjket to buy debranding or to rename the server with the brand name. but here is the catch.

there is no way i can rename the server, i have trawled across the console and have found no luck with renaming it.

i have submitted some tickets and there has been no response from the staff.

can anyone help me out?

this guide helped me alot. but how do you set a custom loadout/spawn more vehicles/find where people are/tp to people. ive seen most admins doing these things and would like to figure it out, any help is appreciated.

Hello fellas,

Me and my mates have a private server, hosted by hfbservers, and we wanna put the kill message in a way that we can see who kills who.

Someone can help?

Trem, I think I love you. Thank you so much for all this great information. :thumbsup: :beans:

The tool that I made will need to be taken out. I have gotten too busy in college to keep support for it and maintaining it. The Gotcha-Antihack seems to do the same things as what my tool did.

Hello !

My english is not very well, hope it's understandable.

I'm still a bit lost after reading some topics and I'm interested by hosting a Dayz server. If it's possible, I come to you for a

little help.

I've read that cpu frequency is more important than multi core, and i have to make a choice between two dedicated servers :

The first one with :

- Intel Xeon 4 cores @ 2.66 Ghz (sadly,the hoster does not mention the exact reference)

The second one with :

- Intel I3 2130, only 2 cores @ 3.4 Ghz

Do you know, even without the first exact CPU reference, which one can bring the best results ?

Also, i would like to know if :

- I can expect to run a confortably 50 slots server (or less);

> can host but probably not so smoothly. One admin said he obtained 1.2 CPU Load (peak) on Xeon 3.2 Ghz (Debian) with 50 persons on the server. I may be wrong with that since it 's even more than the specs requirements.

- 8GB Ram is enough to confortably run a 40 or 50 Slots server (i've read RAM is not so important, also...)

> 8GB is fine enough.

- The Windows Web Server is a good choice or if i better have to look for the standard edition (more expensive).

> Web Edition is able to host a Dayz Server, however, i've not more infos about real differences.

I would be most grateful to you for this. :)

Thanks.

EDIT : some completions from what i've read over internet

Edited by Alca

It would be nice if you actually had a support team.

We have been waiting over 8-10 months now for our instance to be updated and your clown in support told us not to reply to the ticket as it would put us at the bottom of the support list.

So after 8-10 months, I created a new ticket so not to touch the old one, and some jerk off completely deleted my account.

So no more support.

Great bunch you have providing support.

Past interactions only showed rude and ignorant responses.

If this is the same group you plan to use with the standalone, your doomed for failure.

Hi guys,

I have ran into a little snag after updating my server to the 1.7.5.1 patch. Under the "version" heading in DayZ commander it still reads 1.7.4.4. The new patch has definitely taken effect though, so im gussing one of my server config files needs editing to read the new patch version.

Can anyone tell me which file i need and what to change?

Does anyone know a good external server console that is usefull in doing daily tasks without entering the server, thank you.

Yeah, This would be useful ^ Often times I'm reviewing script logs and find hackers and want to ban them from my server. I'm really new to all this admin stuff.

DayZWorld is an all new DayZ Server with custom buildings, 110 vehicles and friendly admins.

Ip: DayZWorld.no

see you there!

-DayZWorld Staff

DayZ Priv dayzpriv.com isn't on that list.