START HERE: A Beginners Guide to DayZ Servers and Administration

Yep, its awesome now having this.

Also if any of you have dedicated servers. I have a nice tool called Server Tools Sigma (The name will be changing soon) that will allow you to restart your server, rotate logs, anti-crash, timezone change and rcon tool include (thanks to DomiSyle)

Hi ive just set up a new server and having a few issues, we had a hacker (he has now been banned) but everyone keeps getting kicked for script restrictions (87), i am new to this so any help would be greatly appreciated

Anyone know how long does it take to get Instance ID for dedicated server?

Server specs:

- win server 2008 r2

- 4 cores i7 2.6 - 4.0 GHz

- 6GB ram

- sata3 ssd 128GB

- 100/100Mbit channel

- UA (Ukraine)

- 40 slots

This config of dedicated server didn't make through. I really don't understand how it couldn't be enough.

Edited by soltis

Can someone say me how i can make the Mapwaypoints , ( SHIFT+Left Mouseclick ) , That i can see how long the way is away and where i have to go .

(Sorry im not good in english )

This config of dedicated server didn't make through. I really don't understand how it couldn't be enough.

It could've been something to do with your internet. If anything looks like it's being ran out of a house / apartment / residential abode - it will get denied.

It could've been something to do with your internet. If anything looks like it's being ran out of a house / apartment / residential abode - it will get denied.

This internet connection is the fastest in my region. I searched for 1gbit connection in Ukraine and there were no matches.

Dedicated 100/100 should be enough for 1 40 slots dayz server. I have optic channel, so 100/100 it is a true speed.

It is a silly thing i think. You provide your own hardware for your own money, you don't have any permissions for making it private and you are rejected for hosting the "home" server. What is the point? That is an alpha version, it even doesn't work well.

My server would be great for those who live in my city or even in Ukraine, 'cos it would have a nice ping and everybody will play in a home-like community. I even wanted to setup a forum for my server players on my web server. About community - I have at least 10 players in my team and I know few teams for 5-10 players each, who would prefer to play at UA server instead of some foreign ones.

My clan just setup a rented server (managed)... I'm having trouble finding how to offset the time in the game. Could someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks!

Friend of mine bought a server for us...

I know he can lock it and kick people out, but we really are scared of hackers as we have setup a very nice camp with a lot of vehicles. It's only a matter of time before hacks get updated again.

Note: Only 2 people have joined, but left after 5 minutes.

Edited by Arma2Boss

My clan just setup a rented server (managed)... I'm having trouble finding how to offset the time in the game. Could someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks!

Wondering the same my self and have been trying to work this out as most people leave server after dark...

Hey all, just wondering how we might be able to get rid of all the horded vehicals / tents / barbed wire / sandbags... and start with a fresh server reboot? There are vehical horders / a number of dupers on our server that we wish to try and prevent. Vehicals are for everyone not a select few who find them and hide them... we have some regulars who have never been in a vehical let alone drive one, so we are trying to increase there exeriance.

We have a hosted server from Clanforge, if anyone might be able to help with a way to do this we at survive-z.com would appreicate it.

How long before the white list? rented a server already has 8 days and nothing. host i3d.net

Am I not allowed to ban hackers from my server?

if you have a private hive you can do whatever you want... almost

Can someone give some resources on how to analyse logs? We had 4 vehicles spawned on skalitsky. We shot two players nearby and looked at their logs and found the following

edit: never mind..

Edited by piggeh

probably a really, simple and easy problem, but i cant even start my server, it just keeps coming up error whenever i click start.

Hello, i have server on Vilayer hosting... I have no any vehicles on the server (it runs more than 3 days) and hosting support ask me to open ticket on support.dayzmod.com , but it need to login client area first. How can i register there? Soz for bad english...

Ack Little lost, I went through every Server hosting Company linked and I couldn't find one offering Private Hive with a UK Based server

Any help Please?

14 days and still waiting for an instance ID... Is this for real??

With what host?

Got mine in 3 days, server hosted by lowpinggameservers.com

Server is from gamingdeluxe but the instance ID was applied for here on DayZ and still haven't got one yet.... :|

I have seen it take that long, just have patience, they should give you one soon. goodluck!