MikeTupper

why do people complain about disconnecting?

This, allthough i dont agree with alt+f4 or whatever it was, I also dont think its fair that all the PKers EXPECT EVERBODY to just bend over and take it up the ass when they run into them. I have seen many bandits reply to posts saying "This is a sandbox game, banditry isnt taboo, anybody can play it how they want to" They always go around flashing this statement which is hypocrisy at its finest as they are totally blind to the fact that some people want to play and not kill other players.

da'fuq?

yes its sandbox play the game how you want, if you want to shoot people then do it, want to avoid them do that, dont want to shoot people then dont

but how is working within the game's intended mechanics and justifying it some how...even any where to ... i have found exploit i use exploit

is the fact that people shoot at me in churno when i dont want them to now justification for me to go dupe up gear so i have bigger guns?

how about if i just get a teleport script and warp my ass somewhere else thats fine too right?

ya i'jut

hell you ddint even use the word hypocrisy correctly,

"This is a sandbox game, banditry isnt taboo, anybody can play it how they want to" you can play anyway you want as long as you do it in the spirit of the game e.g. dont fucking exploit

they decide to shoot on sight and they do, you decide not to and dont ...how the fu%^ is that hypocrisy?

unless your trying to say they make it so you have to, no becasue you still press the button, you still aim the shot, YOU choose to do that

Except that by flipping the table you would probably get punched in the face

Or don't resort to violence and allow everyone who watched to laugh them out of the independent coffee house decorated with horrible local art.

• Like 1

If someone is trying to snipe me or i`m assaulted by three players and i cant win, of course ill disconnect. You assault me, i dont need to stay to augment your murder count. So a guy got away. So what?

If your just trying to survive and you dont hunt other players then it is probably ok. If you try and kill other players then log then you should be banned imo

So I guess we`ll agree to disagree... lets move on now

Y'all do realize 50% of this game is pvp right ......... if ya wanna just kill zombies and survive go play cod zombies (its fun but its not day z) this is a different kinda game.that's why I try to get the grenade launcher cause ill just tube ur ass before u can DC lol

When I first started playing, I'd alt-f4 out of danger. Then I started working my way out of danger, and found what this game is supposed to be about.

Things I didn't alt-f4 out of and survived:

5 zombies chasing me through the airfield, one of which Mike Tyson one-shotted my legs. Killed all 5 with a 1911(pre-nerf) morphined, got to the clan truck and came and picked up some new players who were holed up in the ATC fighting off waves of respawning zombies.

Raiding (stupidly) the NW airfield in a UAZ, driver pulled into a hanger and we instantly got hit by an M107. We all bailed and 3 players were killed practically instantly because they didn't run from the vehicle for cover and the sniper blew it up. I took cover with the driver and we split out of the hanger. I ran for the fire house and kept the sniper occupied while my buddy circled around and killed the sniper.

Took fire from a sniper while running through a field. Used his bad aim to practice anti-sniper tactics only to have the server reset. Still he wasted 3 clips from a AS50 and didn't hit us once.

Getting shot through a tent with a Winchester, then unloading my M14 at the other player only to get us both swarmed by zombies. I died, and pretty sure they did too. (I'll be the first to admit I'm a crappy pvp'r)

Sitting alone in a night village looting when I heard a car pull up. Assuming it was pro players with NVG's getting supplies I was going to avoid them, then I saw the car parked outside the supermarket with no visible players. Sprinted to the car and peeled out of there only to crash it in the next town.

Now if I alt-f4'd my in game stories would read: I saw players, I alt-f4'd. I pulled a zombie, I alt-f4'd. A sniper shot at me, I alt-f4'd I heard a vehicle at night, I alt-f4'd.

I really don't have time to play that game, and it isn't near as fun. Dying in Day Z is better than Alt-f4-ing.

Edited by Ampoliros
  • Like 1

ITS NOT like PLAYING CHESS AND FLIP THE TABLE OVER BECOUSE : ITS NOT FAIR IF 3 GUYS WANNA KILL 1 ITS OP. ITS LIKE YOU START CHESS WITH ONLY A KING AND THEY WITH 3 KINGS

ITS NOT like PLAYING CHESS AND FLIP THE TABLE OVER BECOUSE : ITS NOT FAIR IF 3 GUYS WANNA KILL 1 ITS OP. ITS LIKE YOU START CHESS WITH ONLY A KING AND THEY WITH 3 KINGS

Then why the fuck play the chess game in the first place? Don't get into situations you can't win. Learn to play smarter.

Also, some people kill for stuff. Just sayin'

You're playing the wrong game if you think disconnecting is ok.

This game is built on risk/reward mechanics, you'll feel a lot more satisfaction by surviving a 3-on-1 ambush than by disconnecting every time you're in danger.

What's the point of surviving if there's no danger involved?

This isn't an MMO where the point is gathering loot, the point is the adventure, all the crazy shit that happens if you actually play the game like you're supposed to.

Also, grow some balls and some self-esteem.

Edited by Mindtraveling
  • Like 1

or your just playing along and all over a sudden someone steals the chessboard and says game over..

no warning, no chance to make a move.. yea thats fun, over and over again.. NOT !

I don't worry too much about someone "robbing" me of a kill by DC-ing after I shoot them or someone DC-ing when they aggro the zombies. It's lame, but it doesn't really detract from my gameplay - unless, of course, they log back into the same server a minute later.

HOWEVER, the players that get the drop on someone, then attempt to kill them, fail, and then as soon as the tables turn against them disconnect are the lowest of the low and worthy of everyone's scorn. I think we've all experienced that lowlife piece of sh*t you didn't see until he shoots at you...he misses or only wounds you...and as soon as you drop behind cover/return fire...he disconnects. That behavior is rage worthy. Ultimate cowardly exploiting.

I just think someone disconnecting really isnt a big deal. So you didnt get your kill. Big fuckin woop

Oh... but we destroyed the little d/cing bitch. He dead alright.

Didn't get his loot, but a dead alt-f4 is worth more than the sum of his loot.

or your just playing along and all over a sudden someone steals the chessboard and says game over..

no warning, no chance to make a move.. yea thats fun, over and over again.. NOT !

It's not supposed to be fair, it's the goddamn apocalypse.

If you want to play a balanced shooter, there are other games that does it better.

Why did you think DayZ got so much hype? It was the stories people were telling, the experiences they had in this unusually harsh world. Tales of friendship and betrayal, tales of death and of surviving by the skin of their teeth.

It was the fact that it was different.

Let's keep it like that.

And stop cheating, you.

EDIT: If I may change the chess analogy around a little bit...

It's like if you were playing chess with someone and you didn't like having bishops in the game, but the other guy was using his bishops anyway. I mean, such cheek! The nerve! Playing by the rules as agreed upon!

Edited by Max Planck

I just think someone disconnecting really isnt a big deal. So you didnt get your kill. Big fuckin woop

There are 12 year old kids in CoD that have bigger balls than you.

DCing is a big deal because the person shooting is putting himself in danger for a reward.

You are on your 14th day without a murder because you wimper and cry once you see another player and instantly DC.

Ohh your also french, isn't that coincidental. Surrendering....DCing....

Edited by Kevono

well, someone gave me their beans

I can't. My beans disconnected.

As soon as there's a fix for quick disconnecting on the Arma engine, you can bet your grandma that Rocket will implement it straight away.

So.. some people here are actually complaining that it's "not fair" to be outnumbered?

Hey, here's a MINDBLOWING idea that will solve that problem - Get some friends.

Let's all quit games that are unfair because we suck at them. Let's quit BF3 whenever the other side has a pro player in it, because it's unfair. Let's quit CoD when the other side gets an AC130 (Or w/e it is you kids have there), let's quit Amnesia because it's not fair to have no guns.

Though, if people want to keep their gear so desperately they Alt-F4 in the middle of a firefight, I'm not going to be surprised if they have trouble acquiring those friends in real life.\

I have the best of suggestions for you - Quit life. It's unfair to have so little money when others can afford diamond-encrusted cars and private jets. Go on.

Funny how everyone talks about real world zombie attack and people grouping up.

Fuck no, I'd feed the wife and kids to the zombies and start shooting everyone I seen to get me a ghillie suit and NVGs

Hitting escape, then disconnect(both game mechanics) is an exploit? huh? Most of you complaining about d/c's(I have done 3 times, twice to hackers) are geared to the gills and even if you die all you got to do is run back to your base and re-equip. So stop bitching about it already.

Hitting escape, then disconnect(both game mechanics) is an exploit? huh? Most of you complaining about d/c's(I have done 3 times, twice to hackers) are geared to the gills and even if you die all you got to do is run back to your base and re-equip. So stop bitching about it already.

I don't know why, but people are assuming that I think this is part of the game.

It's not. I posted in a thread that was talking about that, that META-GAMING is explicitly allowed. I.e. infiltrating teamspeak servers and groups etc...

Disconnecting to avoid death IS an exploit.

It will be patched out, very easily, in a future update. The update is ready to go and will be released when the Beta patch for ArmA2 is out.

so funny how many people act all badass at home on their pc's, talking about honor and manliness in a deathmatch video game.

I understand its tempting for griefers to play dayz and get easy kills from sniping when you would otherwise get smashed in a competitive FPS game. The whining that the people you tried to grief decided to stop playing with you and log out is ridiculous though.

Instead of informing others about your masculine insecurities you could rather actually discuss the topic.

DC somewhat ruins immersion. You shouldn't have to guess if someone you saw is still in a building or not if you cover the only entrance. It is the constant doubt if someone who just got into cover maybe logged out or not which is ruining the atmosphere, not the logging out itself. If you are sure someone logged out, then its just as the op said, some dude got away.

Until a logout-timer is there, it should at least inform you in chat whenever someone logs out. So at least you know if no message appears, the world is authentic in a way that people have not suddenly disappeared from it.

In pure deathmatch combat situations though which are not authentic anyways (because it just doesnt make any sense), I see no harm disconnecting if you are not into deathmatching. As the OP said, one dude got away, who cares.

Playing a casual videogame in a certain way in order to demonstrate your manliness and trying to enforce this onto others`on the forums is completely pathetic though. How old are people playing this game?

Edited by perestain

its an exploit and ruins immersion, insta ban on my server.