Strategos (DayZ)

Dear Rocket, Reset please.

Reset?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Should we do a full reset?

• Yes wipe the lot!
    • Not on your nelly
    • Yes but only with a tent fix.

Wtf is the point of a reset when there's talk of a standalone??

All we need is some bug fixes, a bit more content, then they can concentrate on the standalone.

Heard they're saying it should be released this year, the more time they get to spend on it the better.

Well clearly the point of a wipe is that the rampant duping the infinite top end loot tent cities mean that a disproportionate number of players have, well everything. It's pretty obvious. Please read my original post it answers your questions.

so far 78% in favour of a wipe so I guess it's not just me that feels this way.

I would have thought that from a game development point of view it would be more beneficial to see players playing the game as close to how it's designed to be played. I'm pretty sure magic tents aren't part of the intended DayZ experience. If it requires a reset to even the stakes once in a while then so be it. I can't see how they can be getting relevant data on player behaviour the way things currently are.

• Like 3

A small fix for the time being is what we need. There is now a distinct divide between new spawners and stocked up players.

Cannon fodder.

Resets of infastructure are common in alpha testing stages... the open nature of the mod probably makes the idea of a reset harder to swallow for Rocket, but if it's needed to ensure development proceeds in a positive direction, well, it's par for the course. I wouldn't mind.

I agree with a reset. It could just be a map reset so the players and whatever loot they have on them remain untouched but all tents and vehicles are wiped. But I'd be happy with a total wipe too.

Yeah i know it has been suggested before, but I really think the time has come for a reset.

Wipe everything, start from scratch, ideally with a fix for tents..... say make them save when the server shuts down and ensure they get deleted after you die.

Everywhere I go i find sprawling tent cities that duplicate endlessly. And some of these have Hacked weapons in such as AS50 with Thermal sights etc.

This has lead to a big proportion of players being endlessly kitted out with everything.

Obviously hacking and duping will continue until fix but at least it will take a while for it to build back up to the ridiculous situation we have now.

Me and my squad have lots of gear so stand to lose as much as anyone else. I currently have everything you can legally get in the game and will miss it but would rather enjoy the challenge of a fresh start and a level playing field for a bit.

I don't think there are any arguments that stand up against this really. If you are a noob it doesn't really matter and if you are well established then you are probably taking advantage of this. If you are some of the few that don't then you must be pretty pissed off with those that do.

agreed, with duping going on, people are ONLY running around with L85, ghillie and an as50

i died yestarday and found a camp with 25 ghillies just a few meters away from zelenogorsk, i died while carrying 18 ghillies from another camp i found near black lake.... they werent even big camps so it definitely was duping

i really hope duping will get fixed... or at least give us equipment eating bugs agains instead of equipment creating bugs, they were way better

This is so true. A reset is needed imo. When I die all I need to do is go to a supermarket for basics, then search 30 mins for some dupers tent city and I'm fully equipped.

And the worst thing is, they don't even care that I took anything because it'll reappear in their tents anyway.

Edited by .Trooper.

This has to happen sooner then later.

Even without the fix for the tents it would be great for the barb/tent clutter.

5 minutes ago i just got a pm from a mate that found 50 satchel charges.

I have been playing this game for quite a wile and never found or saw one.

This guy finds 50 of them and after server restart can get 50 more.

So he is on his way to blow up an entire city with them.

Currently i am not playing the game because this is FUBAR.

Edited by DarkEnergy

Exactly.

In the meantime i'm manually resetting a server.

Every tent city I find I'm emptying the gear onto the floor and saving the tents.

Taking a while but I'll get there lol

I agree but in this order please.

1) Globally ban all script users and hackers.

2) Fix duping.

3) Reset everything Tents,Vehicles and players.

Exactly.

In the meantime i'm manually resetting a server.

Every tent city I find I'm emptying the gear onto the floor and saving the tents.

Taking a while but I'll get there lol

I did a similar thing but i placed 1 raw meat in the tent before i saved :)

Yes it would be nice, but it would end up in the same situation after a few days.

You need to stop:

- Duplication exploit of items

- Cheaters spawning items

Realistically the first one can be stopped, but the cheaters are not going anywhere until the standalone is released unless something drastic happens with BattlEye.

Your right Bleep of course.

But we have a reached a point where every server (in my experience) is clogged with tent cities full of high end loot. Barb wire etc , everywhere.

Sure it will come back but it will take a while to get back to the point we are at now. And in the meantime we get a chance to play the game as it was intended for a bit.

personally im not mithered, but i think the poll should answer what people want and action taken.

should make it more instresting for people. if the server stats and gear got reset. :)

Wtf is the point of a reset when there's talk of a standalone??

All we need is some bug fixes, a bit more content, then they can concentrate on the standalone.

Heard they're saying it should be released this year, the more time they get to spend on it the better.

Best bugfix is to get rid of fucking arma2 engine.

I didn't bother voting however inclined I am to agree with a reset, since it pretty much puts everything up on a silver platter for hackers - more than it already is.

I don't know if a stat reset is relevant, I assume that will happen at Beta or when we go gold. That doesn't affect the game-play, that's all I'm concerned about.

I'm all for it, every time I get something. The game bugs and wipes it anyways.

I've lost a few AS50's and now my L85A2 Aws, so why the hell not? Anything I lose i would of lost within a few days anyways.

bump.

Also, can a mod sticky this so we don't get fifteen million of these polls? It's pretty obvious where the forum's head is at on this issue, so it would be pretty useful to just keep it at the top of the forum whenever this discussion comes up.

Edited by BazBake

No tents would be better imo, tents defeat the purpose of perm death.