Strategos (DayZ)

Dear Rocket, Reset please.

Reset?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Should we do a full reset?

• Yes wipe the lot!
    • Not on your nelly
    • Yes but only with a tent fix.

Yeah i know it has been suggested before, but I really think the time has come for a reset.

Wipe everything, start from scratch, ideally with a fix for tents..... say make them save when the server shuts down and ensure they get deleted after you die.

Everywhere I go i find sprawling tent cities that duplicate endlessly. And some of these have Hacked weapons in such as AS50 with Thermal sights etc.

This has lead to a big proportion of players being endlessly kitted out with everything.

Obviously hacking and duping will continue until fix but at least it will take a while for it to build back up to the ridiculous situation we have now.

Me and my squad have lots of gear so stand to lose as much as anyone else. I currently have everything you can legally get in the game and will miss it but would rather enjoy the challenge of a fresh start and a level playing field for a bit.

I don't think there are any arguments that stand up against this really. If you are a noob it doesn't really matter and if you are well established then you are probably taking advantage of this. If you are some of the few that don't then you must be pretty pissed off with those that do.

Edited by Strategos
  • Like 7

whats the point when hackers will crowd servers again with junk in minutes?

• Like 5

Oh and not to mention the proliferation of barbed wire etc,

The point is as I explained obviously?

"Obviously hacking and duping will continue until fix but at least it will take a while for it to build back up to the ridiculous situation we have now."

staticon-unique.gif Unique Players: 947,193 staticon-24hr.gif Players in Last 24h: 189,367 staticon-alive.gif Alive Characters: 752,010 staticon-char.gif Survival Attempts: 21,042,616 staticon-zombies.gif Zombies killed: 183,125,116 staticon-murders.gif Murders: 3,310,275 staticon-bandits.gif Bandits Alive: 127,142 staticon-banditskilled.gif Bandits killed: 455,688 staticon-walked.gif Total Walked: 1,066,786,250km staticon-time.gif Time Played: 1018y 4m 2d

You see the part where it shows how many murders were commited then how many bandits have actually been killed? Yeah... good idea there mr poster...

There are millions of players playing this and a sudden reset will, without a doubt, piss a lot of people.

It's hard to take such action.

Especially because even though they manage to fix the tent duplication, there are still a method for duplicating.

And rocket stated that it is impossible to block the duplicating method with the mod itself(Engine problem)

So, i'm guessing rocket is waiting for a engine fix to completely block the duplication.

Then rocket might do a whole reset

what is the point for making tents and putting gear inside if want the tent to be deleted right after you die isnt the reason why you put crap in a tent is so that when you die (because everyone eventually dies) you at least can go back to go get something instead of starting with nothing.

There are hundreds of thousands of players playing this and a sudden reset will, without a doubt, piss a lot of people.

Especially because even though they manage to fix the tent duplication, there are still a method for duplicating.

And rocket stated that it is impossible to block the duplicating method with the mod itself(Engine problem)

So, i'm guessing rocket is waiting for a engine fix to completely block the duplication.

Fixed.

Edited by core.-

Fixed.

Thanks, i wasn't quite sure about that number

Edited by Bahhh

"You see the part where it shows how many murders were commited then how many bandits have actually been killed? Yeah... good idea there mr poster... "

And your point is ?

"what is the point for making tents and putting gear inside if want the tent to be deleted right after you die isnt the reason why you put crap in a tent is so that when you die (because everyone eventually dies) you at least can go back to go get something instead of starting with nothing. "

Tents are only supposed to last a day or two after you die. Currently they last forever which as far as im aware was never intended.

I'm totally all for this. Once set up and stocked, tents have now become mere vending machines, spewing an unlimited supply of goodies out to our clan. Yes it's fun to have so many toys but that fun won't last with an honest bunch like we are.

The tent fix could not come sooner.

Lets reset the whole game, game stats and latest fixes and bugs that were patched, for the sake of ONE GUY complaining once again, on this forum which is already spammed to death by crying and complaining threads. How fucking win is that... ?

Now isn't the time for a reset. Hackers and dupers will be able to bring everything back up within days, perhaps even more.

It also hurts us players who got our stuff legitametly, and what's worse is that the hackers and the dupers will be able to get their full sets of gear a lot faster than us players. This will only increase the strength of the cheaters relative to the players who don't cheat by creating a situation where they have all the gear and we have nothing.

I say wait until all these duping, server-hopping, and hacking issues are dealt with before a reset.

• Like 2

"Lets reset the whole game, game stats and latest fixes and bugs that were patched, for the sake of ONE GUY complaining once again, on this forum which is already spammed to death by crying and complaining threads. How fucking win is that... ? "

Grow up.

Im not crying just observing that the situation is out of control a reset would at least set things straight for a bit. It's obvious to anyone with half a brain. And no one has mentioned resetting stats.

Your right white tiger, a quick tent fix and a reset might be a short term solution though.

Edited by Strategos

Maybe when we hit BETA. For fucks sake, we're in ALPHA build. Hackers suck, yes. . .but jesus zombie christ use logic. We must deal with it for the time being, if possible avoid it at all cost.

If you unfortunately become a victim of a hacker, get pissed however the fuck you do (or dont like me), dont tell the internet about it becuase we dont give a fuck and can do nothing and lastly move the fuck on.

End.

I don't think people understand this idea properly. A server reset will no doubt help a lot of new players survive a little longer, giving the majority and hopefully the future Day Z player population a more enjoyable game. It can be done so why not do it? We know it's in Alpha and we know it is plagued by hackers, that's a completely different argument altogether. This will at least make things fair for the time being, as fair as it can get right now.

Why not make it as balanced as it can be?

Edited by Mammas_Boy

If you unfortunately become a victim of a hacker, get pissed however the fuck you do (or dont like me), dont tell the internet about it becuase we dont give a fuck and can do nothing and lastly move the fuck on.

A direct indication of a member missing the point of this thread.

"We don't give a fuck" ?

This message was obviously intended for the developers to read. Why on earth would it be directed at the brain-dead (excuse the pun) members of this forum?

That's just delaying the inevitable at this point. (Or something that has already happened you could say)

People have got their l33t gear once, what's to say they can't do it again?

Edited by Sticker704

A direct indication of a member missing the point of this thread.

"We don't give a fuck" ?

This message was obviously intended for the developers to read. Why on earth would it be directed at the brain-dead (excuse the pun) members of this forum?

It was directed towards the OP and those who feel as he does.

Hackers tie into the whole arguement, they brought rampant dupeing and grief to a community who was rather nievly optomistic for an ALPHA build.

Reset everything.

Would be nice if the duping could stop first, but that's improbable.

i agree to a complete reset, and bring into question the use of tents and their place in the game. For me, having everyone start out on the same level after you die would bring much needed balance to the game, instead of people spawning then rushing to their tent chock full of supplies, the game would benefit more from people starting out again trying to survive with a makarov and bandages lol. After all, the idea of a perma death is for a new character to be born into the world, not the same one who still knows where all his loot is after he is dead lol.

There are millions of players playing this and a sudden reset will, without a doubt, piss a lot of people.

It is not hard in the least. Given the alpha state we're in, it wouldn't be abnormal nor surprising if every other (or every) update there was a wipe. Hell, it might weed out some of the fucking pussies playing at being survivors, and whining up every fucking thread and forum with butthurt.

Weekly wipes. I'm OK with it.

If the duping problem were to be fixed, I would agree with this. Otherwise leave my shit alone.