Sign in to follow this  
Camper-joe

have a "killed by" in the chat

i was just wondering if it would be a good idea to add a "killed by" message when someone dies on the screen

now there are good and bad.

but especially with the amount of hackers in dayz bypassing battleye all the damn time, it would make admins like myself who dont have access to script logs to see who is hacking.

able to verify who was hacking a bit easier, it doesnt really tell anyone much except who killed who

because all i see now is

xxxx was killed

xxxx was killed

xxxx was killed

xxxx was killed

xxxx was killed

if there was "by yyyy" then we could safely assume any man who took out a whole server is a hacker...and ban him.

or if a guy comes in to the server, and teleports right behind me....makes wolf noises and dedicates a song to me over voice chat using my name (when tags are off) i can see who killed me and ban him

unless theres another way you can see names with tags disabled?

Edited by Camper-joe
  • Like 1

By adding this feature you woud change one large factor of the game - REALISM.

By seeining ,,who killed who,, changes alot of things.

Eventualy...you woud be turning this game into FPS deathmach.

IMO bad idea.

Edited by VaultDweller
  • Like 1

I agree because of hackers but I think this would hurt the game in the long run. This would be a nice temporary measure until the hacking issue is sorted out.

You aren't supposed to go on a vengeance path or inform anyone of your killer. Dead men tell no tales.

Edited by Lady Kyrah
  • Like 3

he cud have seen u with a last blink o the eye and have written down yur description on a piece of paper which was then put thru a database and found an exact match ... :)

But being able to see everyone else who got killed IS realistic?

But being able to see everyone else who got killed IS realistic?

It's not, lets remove that too.

he cud have seen u with a last blink o the eye and have written down yur description on a piece of paper which was then put thru a database and found an exact match ... :)

Cancer.. Cancer, everywhere...

• Like 2

IMO bad idea.

well you dont quite get what i had in mind it already displays " x was killed" how is that realism in the first place? informing you that someone has died in the server? and tags are off, even if you know who killed you, you wouldnt be able to know who it is in game.

and its not meant for the players just the admins so when a mass murder occurs, i know who to ban.

You aren't supposed to go on a vengeance path or inform anyone of your killer. Dead men tell no tales.

its not a vengeance path, its just to get rid of mass murdering hackers, one way of combating it, its an idea, im just looking for ways to combat hackers wherever they may be, i know we can't but if you can ban a few thats a few less in your server.

Maybe have 2 types of quotes.....

xxxx was killed ---> killed by another player

xxxx has died ---> taken by zombie, loss of blood, food, water, temperature etc

IMO bad idea.

So, it is realism at the moment when 'xxx was killed' pops up?

Man...My real life HUD mustn't be working, because there aren't millions of death notifications popping up in my peripheral vision every day...I'd better go consult a doctor...

Edited by soapmak3r
  • Like 4

I'd say no to seeing who I was killed by, but I would like to know what weapon it was that killed me. Walking through the airfield, all of a sudden I'm dead. No shots heard, not even the sound of bullets hitting my flesh. This has happened many times. Even being shot with a silenced weapon makes some noise so it would be nice to know if I was legitimately taken out or just haxxed.

yeah thats an good idea! why not! but it would be more like:

he could have seen u with a last blink of his eye and have written down your description on a piece of paper then summon a crow! give it the crow with the order to pass it on to his son who will be born at the age of 30 near the cost any minute... :D

Edited by Rudson

So, it is realism at the moment when 'xxx was killed' pops up?

Man...My real life HUD mustn't be working, because there aren't millions of death notifications popping up in my peripheral vision every day...I'd better go consult a doctor...

yeah mine is broken too! :)

but to be honest, i would remove it completly, not one single line when a player gets killed. It makes it easier to know if someone during a firefight is already dead.

I think the problem is that 1 person can be such a destructive force in this game...

Maybe they shouldn't have names, but "xxx died to horde", or "xxx died to player" or "xxx died because he tried to open a door"...or "xxx died while walking over a rock"...

That kind of thing :P

I always thought it would be cool if the global kill messages were disable, but add a local one. So if someone died within 500m(or whatever) you could see the message. Representing you hearing them scream or cry out or whatever. Realism wise, people rarely die instantly when shot unless you hit the head, heart, or lungs. So most people would have seconds if not minutes in real life to do something before they succumbed to their wounds. Ultimately it would be cool if there was like a dying scream sound effect, like the being eaten sound effect and not have any message.

Edited by Taggert1313

Why put the name of the player that killed you? is it for a revenge reason? I see that player, then I will kill him? No, I think that by not knowing my killer, it's add a stress level when you encounter a stranger? Can I trust him? Who are you, etc... It's frustrating when we are killed by another player ...but it's the way that game is played. I have be killed by players that I trusted ... I'm new to the game ... and I love the stress that a new encounter give ...

The number of people that can't read astounds me...

Yes there is a way to see someones name in the game, I just can't remember what button it is... it's something like " ; " while you aim at them. A menu comes up then you click on some other button... yeah I'm sure that's super helpful.

~Sol

Breaking your legs and going unconscious by getting smacked is realistic?

Healing those broken legs by shooting up with morphine is realistic?

Being forced to eat and drink every 40 or so minutes before you start dying is realistic?

Eating food to regain blood is realistic?

Running forever is realistic?

Running with full gear being just as fast as running with nothing is realistic?

Every character being a jack-of-all-trades is realistic?

35 or so usable vehicles (including bicycles) in a 225 square kilometer area is realistic?

Touching a body and having it fall through the ground is realistic?

Zombies (or whatever "the infected" are supposed to be) are realistic?

I didn't think so. Drop the stupid ass realism argument. It doesn't work in a video game.

• Like 1