Pexisan

Removing respawn button redundant

Anyone else here feel that removing the respawn button was totally redundant? The spawn mechanism itself is still the same, so if I get a bad spawn point, I just run towards zombies until they aggro and kill me. After that I can respawn and hope its a better spot. It's just that this doesn't bring realism to game, just adds redundancy to the game experience. Any else feel the same?

Its a first step in the right direction.

If anything it probably has helped marginally. Let's see how this will be adapted.

• Like 1

Anyone else here feel that removing the respawn button was totally redundant? The spawn mechanism itself is still the same, so if I get a bad spawn point, I just run towards zombies until they aggro and kill me. After that I can respawn and hope its a better spot. It's just that this doesn't bring realism to game, just adds redundancy to the game experience. Any else feel the same?

i

At first I was the same. It seemed to me like another classic "Your tears taste good" move by rocket. but then speaking to a buddy who admins a dayz server, he told me the respawn mechanism is very server resource intensive, and so the main reason for removing the respawn button wasn't some dick move by rocket (unlike the usual changes), it was aimed at reducing the lag and improving online performance for players and server.

• Like 1

The whole idea, to my knowledge, was to also stop that exact behavior. Spawn jumping on a lot of servers is frowned upon. Do what you do...but, maybe you should try to play it out. Might be fun

It was being exploited causing more spawns near the cities to cause more of a deathmatch. Not to mention its a bit of a godsend to servers, heard its reduced load a lot, and ive seen the lag improvements/

the main reason it was removed was to stop the massive lag caused by people constantly respawning to get to a good spot.

I think it should have a counter so that you can only respawn 3 times an hour or something like that. Every hour you get another 3 chances.

I think it should have a counter so that you can only respawn 3 times an hour or something like that. Every hour you get another 3 chances.

Sorry, but I fully disagree. 3 times an hour!!! I'm on day 24! Give people advice that will help them play the game...not exploit it.

Spawn where it spawns you and figure it out...if needed...do what the OP said he does, and let zombies eat you if you must. Otherwise...please don't complain too much because, I'll be the first to tell you...the RESPAWN button will never be back in DayZ

FYI It takes 20 minutes to run from Kamenka to the outskirts of Elektro....use that as your distance key. It never takes too long to get anywhere on the coast.

Edited by +Ch!cago+

The Respawn button was used incorrectly to find a better respawn location. It took me some time to realize that those repeated posted "Player XXX died" events refer to such professional respawners that simply respawn 5 or 10 times to start off in Cherno or wherever they want (I first thought that this is a server error to show same messages for several times).

It is not intended to be used like this (simple as shit). The server load increases and causes other (legit) players to be stuck waiting for login for a considerable amount of time. So there are two reasons, why you should not do this: It's not meant like that and it causes unconveniance for other players.

But people tend to do what they are able to do (at least some of us) and so this exploit has to be addressed with resulting inconveniance for the entire player base to finally have it knocked out.

I liked the respawn button as well, as it saved me from DebugHills several times before and once beeing stuck in a stone and once beeing turned to a cow (!?). If I had no respawn button I would have really been fu**ed as I would have to wait to die from hunger or for a hunter to gun me down. Rocket claimed to have the above mentioned issues addressed, therefore I am fine without the respawn button.

Do not complain, play the game as it is meant to play. You have to run 20mins? Run 20 mins. Don't complain. Don't cry. Be a man. It took me 90 mins once to catch up with my mates (because they were moving as well and I had nothing to help me with navigation when starting from new)... did not complain either. If you want to team up, this will cost you some time.

This is the game.