Sign in to follow this  
Bacon Surfboard

PvP tips we all should know.

Going prone while someone is shooting you is usually a very, very bad idea.

If my first shot misses, my second shot MIGHT miss, by the third one I'm 99% certain I will hit you.

Again... Sigh.

My example was specifically where there is no cover.

Option 1. Run about until you get shot and die (cannot fire whilst running)

Option 2. Stand/crouch and return fire.

Option 3. Prone and return fire.

option 4. Log out.

Which option would you recommend in the explicit case where there is no cover?

Again... Sigh.

option 4. Log out.

5. Dig out my hatchet and run at the bastard while yelling/making an indian noise on the direct communication channel.

• Like 3

# Always have 1-2 extra magazines in your backpack, someday you'll be glad you had them

# If hostile contact is unavoidable, make sure that you sprint into a good position as quickly as possible, even if it means running through enemy gunfire

# Grenades and Smoke Grenades work wonder when used correctly

# When in a group: one loots, the others watch the perimeter - not the other way round

# Better waste 2 bullets into the head of a corpse than being shot to death by a knocked out guy that you falsely pronounced dead

# Accuracy through volume of fire

# Enhance your situational awareness by using the Alt button whenever possible

# Always scan hilltops/treelines/buildings before advancing through unknown territory

# Don't get greedy, greed results in defeat

Edited by Hawk24

Again... Sigh.

option 4. Log out.

There is always cover, it just depends on how far away from it you are.

The safest method is to run at a right angle to where you think the fire is coming from to the closest cover.

In real life tree's are not bulletproof. Just saying...and in case some peoples are ever fighting zombies out in their neighborhood someday..lolz.

If you're getting shot at, run directly towards the shooter while screaming into the mic like a maniac. He'll think you're crazy, and somewhere between pissing himself and crying he'll drop his gun and run away.

Or, y'know, you'll die. But i prefer to be optimistic.

• Like 1

You don't disagree with me - my example was when there is no cover, if there is cover take it! (See standing behind a bullet proof tree) :)

I completely disagree with you. going prone is a waste of time since you were caught out in the open with no cover near by I assume your an idiot that deserves to die. I have no intention of telling you the correct strategy if caught in this situation because it would cause havoc in the pvp game of dayz. I don't need a bunch of rambo skill level players against me.

Hello there

without getting personal, and remember it's easy to be polite, I also believe that even when there is little cover it's better to run BUT this is dependant on ranges/weapons etc.

But on the whole If i see dirt kick up near me I will leg it.

Some real world tactics work in Arma/DAYZ some dont.

Here's a bad quality vid of me killing some chaps because they went prone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_wbuDFlmYg

Rgds

LoK

This technique could be usefull when spotting players while you are playing in a squad w/ a sniper in it:

Prefiring -> Make someone shoot a very noisy gun just a second before the sniper starts engaging. This will make the zombies aggro on the noisy gun, not the sniper giving him the opportunity to take some more shots. Only use this in distances between 50-300 meters, longer ranges will not need this because you won't aggro and if you do aggro some make sure your squad protects the sniper

• Like 1

what do you mean by "dont go prone in a ghillie in the middle of a field"? it pretty much makes you invisible from over 200 meters and very hard to see even when an enemy is 50 m away, most people dont see a ghilliesuit player 2 meters in front of them

if proning and not moving, you also sink into the grass cover (the thing covering players when you are out of grass render range)

just remembers to look down when proning, or you'll look like a seal praying

1. ALWAYS bring one more mag - even if you travel light. 4 mags is a new minimum for me (ask yourself: do I have enough ammor to shoot out the tires/driver of a moving vehicle). Yesterday I spent 60 shots with my semiautomatic M14 in a lengthy squad firefight w. vehicles.

2. COVERING CORPSES. If you have killed part of your enemies' squad or your friends have been killed, find a vantage point to cover the corpses and wait for your enemies to come loot. They WILL come sooner or later, and when they do, wait for them to sit and take the 100% shot(s). Keep in mind that they are likely to ghost in next to the corpses, so stay very alert.

3. GRENADES. Hold the button when firering a handgrenade to give it range. Remember handgrenades will bounce off the thinnest coniffer branches and kill you or your teammates more often than your enemies.

4. SNIPER HILL. You best chance of finding good gear on a new spawn is on the sniper hill by Elektro. Get a gun and make your way up there from behind. On high population servers, snipers will very often be lying in wait there. Shoot them in the back and take their loot. You'll find corpses there too (sometimes not looted).

• Like 1

what do you mean by "dont go prone in a ghillie in the middle of a field"? it pretty much makes you invisible from over 200 meters and very hard to see even when an enemy is 50 m away, most people dont see a ghilliesuit player 2 meters in front of them

if proning and not moving, you also sink into the grass cover (the thing covering players when you are out of grass render range)

just remembers to look down when proning, or you'll look like a seal praying

No. Grass only shows at close range. If you prone in a field 200m from me, you have grass in your face while i see you as a big dark blob in the middle of a barren grassless field... Sacriel42 has a video in which a sniper does exactly this.. lemme see if I can find it

Edited by Zmol

The only tip I've given that sticks with everyone I tell and its VITAL to remember cause trust me it will save your life. I get omfg bro you were right often..

"FRAG OUT WHEN IN DOUBT"....................<--Now repeat that till it sticks.

Example-Your watching Stary tent's in a bush planning to raid them with your buddy's then BAM two dudes behind you. Now your in doubt just frag them out.

Example- Your in an Apt. building and players/zeds are coming in and you have no way out. Well now your in doubt just frag them out.

Pretty much any time you pull the classic Dayz panic mode "RRREEEE OMFG RREEE" just frag out. Thank me later with a PM.

P.S. Get time in the editor or armory before you chuck one though...could spell disaster for you or your buddy's.

• Like 1

I like the stop drop and roll comments.

This works against some people, but not all of us.

If you cant see who is shooting at you , just shoot back in that direction anyway. Chances are the shooter will attempt to move.

I completely disagree with you. going prone is a waste of time since you were caught out in the open with no cover near by I assume your an idiot that deserves to die. I have no intention of telling you the correct strategy if caught in this situation because it would cause havoc in the pvp game of dayz. I don't need a bunch of rambo skill level players against me.

So looting 2 guys I killed in the middle of the NW airfield who were geared up after scanning around with an L85 for 5 minutes first makes me bad? Received fire, prone, returned fire with M14 - I got hit about twice with an AKM, he took the M14 and died.

Was he bad? Probably.

Was I just plain unlucky? Yes.

Would I have died to an AKM at 100 yards trying to run for it in the middle of the NW fields? I think so. Thanks for the advice though.

So looting 2 guys I killed in the middle of the NW airfield who were geared up after scanning around with an L85 for 5 minutes first makes me bad? Received fire, prone, returned fire with M14 - I got hit about twice with an AKM, he took the M14 and died.

Was he bad? Probably.

Was I just plain unlucky? Yes.

Would I have died to an AKM at 100 yards trying to run for it in the middle of the NW fields? I think so. Thanks for the advice though.

were you unlucky or were you bad? you were bad. There aren't too many pro bandits out there that would loot a body at the NW airfield in the middle of the field. Pro bandits always stalk their prey into areas where there is cover before taking the shot. If they cannot stalk them into a place of cover they usually do not take the shot unless they plan to use their dead bodies as bait for an idiot willing to loot 2 dead bodies out in the open at the NW airfield.(This is you) You are talking to an army sniper by the way. There are 2 kinds of snipers careful ones and dead ones.

were you unlucky or were you bad? you were bad. There aren't too many pro bandits out there that would loot a body at the NW airfield in the middle of the field. Pro bandits always stalk their prey into areas where there is cover before taking the shot. If they cannot stalk them into a place of cover they usually do not take the shot unless they plan to use their dead bodies as bait for an idiot willing to loot 2 dead bodies out in the open at the NW airfield.(This is you) You are talking to an army sniper by the way. There are 2 kinds of snipers careful ones and dead ones.

I didn't know army snipers loot dead bodies for supplies and equipment.

1. Timing, if you plan to kill a player than dont rush it, follow him and drop him when he is unnable to defend himself (looting, climbing a ladder)

its better that a target survive than if you shoot and miss and he is able to return fire... (if u aint up for the challenge ofc)

2. Sniper, when dropping a target with sniper, use the range advantage... dont shoot ppl from 50 yards with a sniper, he might have his friends close and picking off 2-3 ppl who has auto weapons with a sniper is not that east when they shooting back, train ur sniper skills and drop him from 500 meters away or more. also when engaging groups of players, shoot their sniper first if they have one, drop 2nd person, now they will know where you are after 2nd shot, if they run away keep shooting, if they engage you crawl back in cover and changes posision before they comes too close, you will always know that if they come towards you from 500 meters ya can move 500 meters to another spot and still know where they are.

3. gunfire scares away survivors and drag other bandits, try to find a silent weapon to use on zombies if you need.

4. target seeking, look for zombies far away from your position, they have been upploaded by another player, keep ur ears open for gunshots and veichles, dont walk over big open fields, you are easy to spot from far away and have minimum cover, always plan how to operate... for example you are entering the airfield, be ready for combat, have an backup plan if ya get unexpected visitors...

5. scan. always walk in the woods, when closing in on a open field, go phrone, stay under a tree or inside a bush, use binocular to scan the field, and never shoot if you aint sure to hit the target if he is armed.

6. survive, get your food/water from animals/lakes and live in the forest. dont be at the coast

That was the surviving bandit tips i could give

if ya dont care about survive and just want to kill ppl then i whould say, get a good weapon, learn how to use it and then go for ppl where they are most common (airfield/stary/cherno/electro) and the medium yields between cherno/stary and other high yield buildings