Island_Man

DE7 Huge Camp on Skalisty Island! Raid/Destroy it! (pics inside)

Hello all,

I was on DE7 earlier and decided to make a trip to Skalisty Island since I have never been there before. What I discovered was insane. There must be about 40-50 tents littered across the island. They contain lots of weapons including multiple L85 AWS and silenced rifles.

Check out the pics below and please go and raid it. Everything seems duped. They have about 15 guille suits, 10 NVG, 10 rangefinder etc.

There is also a boat around the back of the island that needs fuel.

2012_08_01_00001.jpg

2012_08_01_00002.jpg

2012_08_01_00004.jpg

2012_08_01_00006.jpg

2012_08_01_00007.jpg

Edited by Island_Man
  • Like 2

No, fuck off. They probably worked hard on that camp, and there's no reason to expose that camp to everyone magically on the forums.

• Like 15

No, fuck off. They probably worked hard on that camp, and there's no reason to expose that camp to everyone magically on the forums.

This

Or you actually are from that camp and are setting up a trap to snipe others

• Like 3

I'm 99% sure it's all duped. I saw ALOT of L85 AWS rifles.

• Like 1

This

Hey, all is fair in love and meta-gaming.

Raid it or not, at least we all know now ;)

• Like 4

I love these guys taking the moral high ground "they worked really hard for that!" - implying they aren't bandits and it's not a doggy-dog world.

• Like 4

Duping is hard work I heard.

• Like 6

I love these guys taking the moral high ground "they worked really hard for that!" - implying they aren't bandits and it's not a doggy-dog world.

The term is dog EAT dog

• Like 15

I'm 99% sure it's all duped. I saw ALOT of L85 AWS rifles.

Yep. It'll all be back after you're done raiding it at some point.

I really don't understand why people would build so big camps up and store literally hundreds of rifles there. They'll never make any use of them. Moreover those bloody camps already took the pleasure of playing DayZ away from me. It's so easy to find them and fully gear up just in few seconds. After that there is nothing else to play for. Except sniping others but thats pointless anyway as you have every shit that can spawn.

I really don't understand why people would build so big camps up and store literally hundreds of rifles there. They'll never make any use of them. Moreover those bloody camps already took the pleasure of playing DayZ away from me. It's so easy to find them and fully gear up just in few seconds. After that there is nothing else to play for. Except sniping others but thats pointless anyway as you have every shit that can spawn.

Do you also wonder why they build them so close to the coast?

Edited by syncmaster

It's so easy to find them and fully gear up just in few seconds.

I never find this shit. Teach me your ways Sire.

• Like 1

Clans/groups use them to dupe items. These camps are how I gear up every time I die. I don't play in a clan, but I know where many camps are so I can gear up like I am in one. Yes, it has killed a lot of the fun in DayZ, but I'm not going to creep around NW and where ever to try to gear enough to compete when they don't have to. Am I as morally bankrupt as them? Maybe, and I don't particularly care. I get geared and then pursue other goals, like building bases or keeping vehicles. When I first started DayZ, I used to get a thrill when I found a 1014 in a deerstand, but that all went away as soon as I stumbled on my first camp. Sniper rifles, machine guns, NVGs, Rangefinders, medical goods, etc, all spilling out of the tents.

So I travel light and keep a list of server/locations of camps. If I need something, I stop in.

I'm no noobhunter or anything, but while I'm farting around way north looking for vehicles and such, it helps.

It needs to be fixed, big time.

-edit- not all clans/groups use them to dupe items, incorrect blanket statement, I'm sure there are some super dedicated always online clans that manage to stockpile like this, I'm sure...

Edited by Dingus

1. Spawn on this server

2. Go to that island

3. Get all the gear

4. Go to Cherno/Electro

5. PVP

Repeat as necessary, and be sure to call anyone who bitches about bandits/KOS a carebear from now on.

What are you talking about? Every man for himself.

Start from exploring area west from NWA. Take a compass, map, some food and water with you, so u don't get lost or starve and die during your quest.

Pick it clean. No reason not too, but promise me this, destroy all the thermal l85s, except of course the one you kept for yourself :)

I'm no noobhunter or anything, but while I'm farting around way north looking for vehicles and such, it helps.

I just borrow vehicles from camps. Anyway its only way to get one on most of the servers.

I just borrow vehicles from camps. Anyway its only way to get one on most of the servers.

I've actually lucked out and found a chopper spawned fresh. My small group and I have had it for a couple days now, shockingly. Someone found it and tried to fly it, but simply blew it up in the process, but then it respawned in the same place on the next server restart. I assume it should be found or destroyed again any minute I'm not online, but such is life in Chernarus.