ShigZ

"FRIENDLY" is bullshit

Since I start playing, I never killed a survivor. My philosophy in this game would be to survive and help others survive. We all know that is already very difficult dealing only with the zombies creeping every corner.

Now, everytime I go into town to get some gear, a bastard shoot me in the face. Even after we all agree that nobody will shoot. I like to give a change to the guy to trust me.

This part of the forum is turned to people supposedly "not bandit", or the good guys. Am I right? But the more I play this game, harder it gets to trust someone. I met some good fellows around the way, but I dare say that we are a minority in this game.

I am starting to rethink my "no murder" system and go on "shoot on sight".

How about you? What do you do?

Edited by ShigZ
  • Like 2

Thats just it, you should persist in your friendly attitude.

A player will have the same point of view as you then, that there are people to trust in this game.

You might try to join one of the real friendly groups that we have here.

Like my group, Regulators, or to the likes of CQF.

It all starts with just 1 person doing good, for another to follow.

• Like 1

4 situations for me. If he is unarmed, I might just give him some food and maybe a pistol w/o ammo. Hatchet people I tell them to stay away and just dont shoot. Armed people down south I try to warn them that I am armed and ready to shoot. Up north, Kill on sight.

I recommend this to all players.

• Like 3

honestly just keep at it. you've eventually team up with someone. that person might know another friendly. next thing you know you've a small group to play with. Also, stay in touch so you can play again through steam or skype.

4 situations for me. If he is unarmed, I might just give him some food and maybe a pistol w/o ammo. Hatchet people I tell them to stay away and just dont shoot. Armed people down south I try to warn them that I am armed and ready to shoot. Up north, Kill on sight.

I recommend this to all players.

Not everyone up north is by definition a bandit.

Thats the wrong perception, but I can't however judge the servers you tend to visit ofcourse.

• Like 1

Your view used to be exactly the same as mine when I started out, now, alone im an out and out bandit... but when playing with my friends we are nice people to come by.

after I saw videos and posts about players who saved survivor from zombies and then killed him I dont know if anyone can be trusted anymore...

You say you like to be friendly and you want to meet other friendly people. You also say that friendly people are a minority...... So you want to start shooting on sight now? :huh: *facepalm*

Not everyone up north is by definition a bandit.

Thats the wrong perception, but I can't however judge the servers you tend to visit ofcourse.

I agree, I am north and I would love to meet a friendly player.

• Like 1

I have a salt addiction and it's rare in these parts. It's a horrible horrible addiction and without my fix I might lose my mind. So I kill everyone I see and lick their juicy salty tears.

The game will always be against you.

No matter how hard you try and come out as a ,,good,, guy it will always get back to you as a brick to the head.

It wants you dead,the system is against you,it wants to brake you mentally so you join the bandit or even worse the cold blooded murderer type of players.

You ask about an opinion?

Well IMO,i was putten into the test few times (like everyone does on the daily basis),mad and angry ready to cross on the line of ,,shoot on sight,, and screwing the survival of the humanity.

But the day i became a murderer in this game is the day i will realize that i changed...that i turned into 98% of the DayZ players community.

I am on my third month of survival and ALOOT more experianced with a random encounters (no saying ,,friendly,, twice,even if he confirms it i DON'T lower my guard...ever!)

I'm mainly a regular survivor and a bandit hunter when the aid of the fresh players and those who need aid is required.

I don't make any contacts with the rest of the players unless i am forced to (if he sees me)

I woudn't call ,,friendly,, a bullshit.

But currently there are 5% of the survivors 40% of the bandits and rest are cold blooded murdere's.

Don't your lack of hope make you do the wrong move.

Staying on a line of survivor is more challenging,more frustating and more hardcore for me.

Won't back down just yet....

Edited by VaultDweller
  • Like 1

You need a group of like minded people to join up with. Plenty of clans out their that only kill in defense.

Since I start playing, I never killed a survivor. My philosophy in this game would be to survive and help others survive. We all know that is already very difficult dealing only with the zombies creeping every corner.

Now, everytime I go into town to get some gear, a bastard shoot me in the face. Even after we all agree that nobody will shoot. I like to give a change to the guy to trust me.

This part of the forum is turned to people supposedly "not bandit", or the good guys. Am I right? But the more I play this game, harder it gets to trust someone. I met some good fellows around the way, but I dare say that we are a minority in this game.

I am starting to rethink my "no murder" system and go on "shoot on sight".

How about you? What do you do?

That's the beauty of Day Z! "The more I play this game, harder it gets to trust someone". It should be like this - Now you're finally thinking twice about teaming up with somebody.. Don't ever give your 100% because someone says their friendly.. Always have another state in mind.

I don't consider zombies much of a threat. In that sense I consider anyone carrying a primary weapon which isn't a crossbow to be a threat and killing a threat before he sees me is my type of defense.

I woudn't call ,,friendly,, a bullshit.

But currently there are 5% of the survivors 40% of the bandits and rest are cold blooded murdere's.

Don't your lack of hope make you do the wrong move.

Staying on a line of survivor is more challenging,more frustating and more hardcore for me.

Won't back down just yet....

I appreciate that. "Bandit hunter" sounds cool... and necessary. As the old west sheriffs, making the city a safer place for people.

I would give up, but I guess I like my games hardcore as hell.

I always say "friendly."

I will NEVER wound anyone I've said it to unless they fire upon me. Period.

If you see my name followed by "friendly," that word is gold. If you need something, ask me and I'll see if I can help. I usually have extra food and bandages and I may have seen that main rotor assembly or fuel tank part you're looking for. Go around killing people and you lose the ability to use them for intel. Have they been to x? Are there bandits around? Where's the nearest water source?

We're all survivors; I'm going around trying to see the sights and get a general layout as well as hunt and fill my water bottles. I would like to vary my loadout a bit, but that's simply to give me a chance to use different firearms rather than sneaking around. I like killing zombies and I like hunting with scoped rifles.

It's just a game, but morality always plays a role in games such as this. If you can walk on by... do. Part of the fun is finding those rare weapons for yourself rather than "saving time" and killing others who've made the hike, who've had the close calls and who've spent the time finding weapons. Maybe they're a bandit, maybe they're a hacker; maybe they're just dedicated. Maybe they'll kill you, maybe they'll give you the shirt off their back.

I'm a cynic in real life, but video games allow one to be idealistic.

Edited by Steve.C
  • Like 1

I typically KoS if an individual is anywhere in my immediate area. This includes unarmed players, unless I'm out in the wilderness with no weapon spawns nearby. Then I will typically spare the player, maybe even give a can of beans or two.

I used to be like you, I think we all were. You see, banditry isn't a choice, well for some it is, but mostly on this game, its a plague. I always used be; "Hey, I'm friendly!" I got shot to many times by doing so, so now its "If this guy gets any closer to me, I'm going to shoot him."

I do come up to people that's unarmed/have a hatchet sometimes, but if I say "Friendly" and he doesn't say anything/just walks away, I'm going to shoot him because he isn't friendly, and if he gets a gun and I'm still there, he's going to shoot me.

Be prepared die and lose all your gear every time you spawn, and being shot by losers pretending to be friendly won't get to you.

Every encounter I have with players I make contact with them. I tell them i'm friendly and will not shoot them, unless they fire first. 9/10 times they panic and hold the trigger, or wait for me to lower my gun then open up. I usually take those guys down with me, as I'm waiting for it to happen.

The other 1/10 time, the survivors are genuine enough. And we swap stories of how its nice to meet the odd friendly person instead of an all shooting match every time someone see's you, we then travel together, trade supplies, help each other out and part ways.

The 1/10 chance is worth it IMO. Yea most of the time you will die (try take them with you), but that time you do make contact with friendlies is much more satisfying than just dropping everyone you see. That's just how I like to play the game though.

Edited by H1t0w3r
  • Like 2

after I saw videos and posts about players who saved survivor from zombies and then killed him I dont know if anyone can be trusted anymore...

Yesterday in Cherno at the contruction site.. I heard gunfire, and came to help, shot all the zombies running after him, came to me thanked me. Gave him a pistol some food and a Blood bag.. Then another dude is getting hunted my the zeds.. Yet again, i kill them, give him some supplies. And they were both very thankful. It ended up we were a team of four, coz one of the guys was playing with a friend. And then we four went on from Cherno and had a great time!. It was maybe one of the best experience i had in the game so far. It really gave me an adrenaline kick trying to help them, and see how would a total stranger react?. And ofcourse it gave me a big smile :D

Edited by Rallepops
  • Like 3

I felt the same way. But instead of becoming what I myself loathed I just did some searching on the forum and found a “friendly” don’t-shoot-on-sight server. Yes they do exist. I haven’t had many problems since. Yes you’ll get the occasional douche but the majority of the players are like minded survivors. If you’re interested in checking it out just drop me a PM and I’ll send you the server info.

Edited by Dirtdiver

Actually, after I wrote this post, I got helped by other players when I said "Friendly".

The first guy was in the military hospital in Cherno, inside a tent. I heard him drink a coke and went prone beside a corpse, hopping he didn't see me. But he did and came out, he had a nice rifle (with scopes, dont know which) and was wearing a ghillie suit. I only had a hatch. I think he panicked and shot me in the legs. I screamed "c'mon man, are you afraid of a guy with a fucking axe?". I thought I was done... but then he apologized and gave me blood. Was very nice.

After that, I happened 2 more times. So, 3 times with 3 different players in a gameplay. I was very happy, heading towards Electro when a shitty pussy sniper got me in the open. I dodged 4 times, but he hit me. Instant death.

I won't give up being a good guy in this game.

• Like 3

Not everyone is immediately hostile. Yesterday i teamed up with a few other medics and we spent the day cruising around in the "Ambulance Van" responding to first aid requests on the forums/steam. Definately the most fun i've had in DayZ so far, apart from a communication error on my part which resulted in me shooting the patient by mistake :blush: We went and picked him up from respawn though and took him back to his body so he could get his stuff so i think i was forgiven by the patient lol.

• Like 3

When I bought the game I decided not to harm anyone. Why so? Because this mod lets me decide how to play it. Pacifism definitely is the wrong way if you want to survive for a long time and keep your gear while trying to socialize strangers. It will get you killed. Even so, I never regretted walking down the path I've chosen for myself. Got killed? Then I simply have to re-gear and continue to help others. Try out this thread and get in touch with people who are friendly to their very core. Or find a group of like-minded people to survive together. It's your choice.

Its nice to be friendly, but most of the time you are forced into a situation where you must take the shot. Take the case of a standoff against another player who has just picked up a weapon that you warned him not to. He must be killed immediately, without exception.