What is it? i see servers running a mission called DayZ sanctuary and am curious as to what it is?

It's days servers that have their own Hive, meaning the progress you make in a sanctuary server is only saved in that particular server.

• Like 1

Idk what exactly it is. But as far I know it's a modified version of DayZ. A modded mod. But DayZ and DayZ Sanctuary are on different Hive servers. So you can't just take your char and stuff from your normal DayZ and play DayZ Sanctuary.

• Like 1

Ok now followup question will i be banned if i game here?

Edit* Now allow me to clarify before i am accused of trying to test hacks. Sometimes i want to dick around on DayZ and go places i normally wouldn't with my regular character.

Edited by MaxiPads

Thanks for all the replies guys Admin you may lock it down i have no idea if i can even request this sorry if I'm exercising power i do not have.

what is the OFFICIAL word on the Sanctuary Dayz servers? If an admin happens across this post I would love to know what the crew feels about these? (ie: grounds for ban from normal game for server host? )

There's not much they can do... Probably why they don't post anything about it/give it any attention. Though, I'm sure they can ask Six Launcher/DayZ Commander to filter those servers out of queries.

Edited by CamP

I reckon this is why the dev team decided to take away ftp access to rental servers; they want server files unavailable to the modding community. Sanctuary is a DayZ admin's dream. The dev team can't tell you who to ban, how to play, or disallow you from passwording your server from hackers under threat of blacklist. I'll likely only be playing Sanctuary until the DayZ dev team can figure out a security system that works.

Oh yeah, Sanctuary has a reliable anti-cheat engine.

so , in theory someone could set up a webpage giving the URL to their secure dedicated sanctuary server and have lingor, takistan and cherno map all playing Dayz?.. no ghosting, no d/cing...???? AND they run battleeye!!! I don't understand why anyone is still playing the hive version (unless they like to exploit)... If the Dayz team doesn't seem to care (or are unable to do anything ) about these servers then I think I might have to check this out.... seems like the solution to ALOT of the problems....

Wish the admins would chime in...

I don't understand why anyone is still playing the hive version

Because they'd like to support Rocket, creating this monster awesome mod, which Sanctuary servers ripped off with/without his permission?

• Like 1

Having played Lingor. I can feel safe saying that it's much more controlled.... Having a seperate char + an entirely different map is closer to the dream than ever. I really think that people with some sort of community behind them(e.g a clan or a group of friends) should have a chance of hosting their own hive...

Then there could be some sort of payment to the dayz devs. That would compensate for the files and further updates.

Arma is made to be mod-able.... Then we should keep the community open and let people have their own closed/semi open server. It would even take some pressure of the main hive.

• Like 2

There's not much they can do... Probably why they don't post anything about it/give it any attention. Though, I'm sure they can ask Six Launcher/DayZ Commander to filter those servers out of queries.

There is quite a lot that could be done, the question is what is currently expedient.

Because they'd like to support Rocket, creating this monster awesome mod, which Sanctuary servers ripped off with/without his permission?

IDK if I'd call it a rip-off. It's all the same content with some extra value. Basically, it's got everything that vanilla DayZ is missing.

• Like 2

It seems more and more often, hive servers just get overrun with hackers/cheaters. Having a central point for storing game state is a good idea on paper, but in the end if even one server is lax about dupes then anybody can just gear up there and then go elsewhere and use all their ill-begotten gear. We have people firing two dozen rounds just to try and kill a newly spawned player at long range. If someone has so much ammo that they can afford to waste 20+ rounds just to kill someone who doesn't even have a hatchet yet and thus poses no threat, and then move on to do the same to the next newb, then the game has lost its "DayZ" feel. It's not surviving against a zombie apocalypse anymore, it's just FFA PvP with duped gear.

That's what sanctuary servers have to offer, is a strong method to combat that. The ones where the admins stay fair and also strictly enforce no cheating are the ones that get a great reputation and people start to migrate toward them.

• Like 1