TheMachine

Why can't we feast of human flesh?

Cool idea.. Could be used to affect the humaity level somehow.

Your post goes brilliantly with your picture

There are quite a few "native" cultures in the world, where cannibalism is a part of their traditions. As far as I know, there are none that let rape go unpunished. Eating the flesh of other humans can come in many different varieties. It can be done in a ritualistic, to please a god or higher power. It can be done out of desperation, in order to survive some harsh condition. It can be done as a way to feast for/done some special, traditional event. As far as I know, the only kind of rape is the kind of rape we all know, which is accepted, even by "barbaric" cultures, as wrong. People need to get over themselves and understand we aren't the only people the in world. Expand your views a bit. Understand the world as a whole. Just because you wouldn't do it doesn't mean no one would. Sure, in a video game, it would probably just be abused, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't happen in real life. When people start to go crazy, and people go crazy very easily, they do things they would never normally do. For example, eating human flesh.

Vikings actually raped to force their way (hurgh, don't know how to say that otherwise) in raided countries. Like a forced invasion from withing. Pretty smart as it turned out.

There have been "Accepted" occasions of cannibalism, I think one of the most well known was after a plane crash in high mountains. A few survived off frozen dead brothers/sisters/fathers/mothers. yumyum.

Well taking this in all seriousness they could add something under hunger / thirst like desperation, 5 minutes before your going to start dying due to hunger thirst you have the option to eat / drink off a fallen players corpse, Half the time you wouldn't even find someone if you were in the wild but it would be a cool aspect to see desperate players running around the countryside looking for a player to kill / eat lol.

You could also add a separate skin in this game to compensate for this action like a pastey, sick looking player that would be interesting lol.

"DO IT"

PS. Australia has a history deeply stepped in cannibalism i.e. Alexender Pearce

Vikings actually raped to force their way (hurgh, don't know how to say that otherwise) in raided countries. Like a forced invasion from withing. Pretty smart as it turned out.

There have been "Accepted" occasions of cannibalism, I think one of the most well known was after a plane crash in high mountains. A few survived off frozen dead brothers/sisters/fathers/mothers. yumyum.

The Vikings were also crazy bastards who murdered and pillaged other people for shits and giggles.

You mean the plane that was carrying an Uruguayan rugby team that crashed in the Andes?

There are quite a few "native" cultures in the world, where cannibalism is a part of their traditions. As far as I know, there are none that let rape go unpunished. Eating the flesh of other humans can come in many different varieties. It can be done in a ritualistic, to please a god or higher power. It can be done out of desperation, in order to survive some harsh condition. It can be done as a way to feast for/done some special, traditional event. As far as I know, the only kind of rape is the kind of rape we all know, which is accepted, even by "barbaric" cultures, as wrong. People need to get over themselves and understand we aren't the only people the in world. Expand your views a bit. Understand the world as a whole. Just because you wouldn't do it doesn't mean no one would. Sure, in a video game, it would probably just be abused, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't happen in real life. When people start to go crazy, and people go crazy very easily, they do things they would never normally do. For example, eating human flesh.

Nobody is saying that cannibalism wouldn't happen in real life... of course it would. So would rape. People don't even have to go crazy to rape someone, it's a biological impulse. Do you think that magically no man would try to rape women? Let me tell you, if cannibalism would become common, then there's no reason to believe that rape wouldn't be as well.

You view rape as wrong, because it is usually committed against other human being that are still living. You excuse eating people though, because it's a crime against the dead. Should we be able to rape dead bodies, then? This is a disgusting conversation, if this was a joke I kind of understand, but man. Anyone who wants do be able to eat people in a game, is frankly, pretty sick minded. Give me one good difference between rape and cannibalism from a moral standpoint.

P.S. Not only is rape accepted in many cultures throughout history, it's part of our evolution (if you believe in such things). Cannibalism is allowed in certain cultures throughout history, true, but it comes with many negative side effects. Face it, rape is far more common than cannibalism ever has been or ever will be. The only grounds you have for arguing that cannibalism is permissible while rape is not, is that of morality. In an argument involving morality, Cannibalism is almost as bad as rape -- it's just not quite as taboo.

I think this should be in the game, but with some negative effect to health maybe.. not humanity though as that system is a broken train-wreck of a concept. Maybe it causes occasional madness, or headaches that effect vision, or more likely a serious brain wasting disease that results in the player occasional wandering around out of control like a zombie (due to Prions).

It's just meat, and in all likelihood humans WILL resort to eating human flesh when hungry enough - I would, because then I'd survive. Although I would not kill for that flesh. Maybe....

IF they add in cannibalism what i want to know is can i make a steak out of you before you wake up?

Oh yeah, and then you could eat a zombie too, then there would be a 50% chance you'd become a zombie yourself!

Its pointless as you have wildlife to feast upon!!! ;)

What would you like for dinner Sir "Rump steak beef or some noobs arse on a plate!!! <_<

I know what I would pick! :D

Its pointless as you have wildlife to feast upon!!! ;)

What would you like for dinner Sir "Rump steak beef or some noobs arse on a plate!!! <_<

I know what I would pick! :D

You should only be able to make player steaks if your Hunger bar is flashing red and you are losing blood. This is when it would happen realistically

you can imagine an article in the news "Computer game makes players kill and eat each other"

Nobody is saying that cannibalism wouldn't happen in real life... of course it would. So would rape. People don't even have to go crazy to rape someone, it's a biological impulse. Do you think that magically no man would try to rape women? Let me tell you, if cannibalism would become common, then there's no reason to believe that rape wouldn't be as well.

You view rape as wrong, because it is usually committed against other human being that are still living. You excuse eating people though, because it's a crime against the dead. Should we be able to rape dead bodies, then? This is a disgusting conversation, if this was a joke I kind of understand, but man. Anyone who wants do be able to eat people in a game, is frankly, pretty sick minded. Give me one good difference between rape and cannibalism from a moral standpoint.

P.S. Not only is rape accepted in many cultures throughout history, it's part of our evolution (if you believe in such things). Cannibalism is allowed in certain cultures throughout history, true, but it comes with many negative side effects. Face it, rape is far more common than cannibalism ever has been or ever will be. The only grounds you have for arguing that cannibalism is permissible while rape is not, is that of morality. In an argument involving morality, Cannibalism is almost as bad as rape -- it's just not quite as taboo.

I never said that cannibalism okay, nor did I say it was okay because the person was dead, nor did I say anything about morality. You just took my words, through them out the window and decided I said something I didn't. I was simply providing facts, as I know them, that cannibalism is far more accepted throughout the world than rape. If I was wrong, I apologize, and you are free to prove me wrong. I don't support either, nor would I commit either, except the former in the most dire of circumstance, and even then I couldn't say for sure I would be able to go through with it. Also, other than the Vikings, which was already mentioned, and, I admit, I overlooked, name a culture that supports rape. Rape has nothing to do with evolution, which you obviously don't know much about, based on your comment "if you believe in such things". That line just makes me want to disbelieve everything you say from here on. But this isn't about that.

Sure I guess?

I'd rather have killed players killed by zombies become zombies after a while, shambling around with all that pretty loot...

Fallout did this... It didn't receive any crazy press about it... Well, from what I know.

You should only be able to make player steaks if your Hunger bar is flashing red and you are losing blood. This is when it would happen realistically

Why if it went tits up you would already be thinking about food/water!! ;)

That cow in the field would be top of my list, I would keep it fed and watered!! :)

You can make alot of things from cows milk!!

Just shoot the bulls when hungry, only problem I see is storage as that shit will go off fast!! <_<

I dunno but eating people has only been done in crack pot places and in extreme conditions!! Plus I would be afraid of infection!! :huh:

Shit, if I had an option of picking between death and some beefy ass checks, I'm tearing a mofo'n ass check up. Just saying.

I might try a bit of Tit and Chips after 6 months but thats my limit!! :P

You can fuckoff with the hotdogs!!! :D

Edited by Itchy

All of you nay sayers don't half spout some shit, Believe me if you was going to starve to death and there was a body there and you had a knife and a fire, you would fucking eat the meat i don't care if you are the most religious person on this planet, you would cut and eat the person, and no you cannot say "NU I WUDNT" Because it has never happened to you and you have never being in that situation and probably never will be, but believe me. You would do it.

Not sure why rape is being compared to cannibalism. From a moral standpoint in the sake of themselves both acts are abhorent, but cannibalism for survival has happened and will happen in the future, zombie apocalypse or not. If starving to death I'm willing to bet most people would eat human flesh to survive if given it. I would not bet that people would kill others to eat them, and it'd take a strong stomach to get flesh off a person which most wouldn't manage.

As to whether or not it should be in this game? I'd say no. Besides the big moral issues and effort to deal with them, this is a simulator not real lfie. I'm sure if you bend over hard enough you can suck yourself off, doesn't mean it needs to be a playable character action, go find some beans.

• Like 1

I´d prefer the body standing up and running around as a zombie you have to kill before looting him