underscore

Stuck In Movement State Upon Regaining Consciousness

Date/Time: May 23, 2012, 4 AM UTC

What happened: Last movement key pressed at the moment of passing out becomes stuck in the 'pressed' position after regaining consciousness. In other words, if I had been pressing 'forward' right as I lost consciousness, I would then be stuck in forced forward movement upon waking without any actual key inputs from myself.

ShowScriptErrors Reports:

String CLIENT: Unconscious... not found

Error in expression <29 * safezoneH) * (1 -(r_player_timeout / _totalTimeout)))];

_ctrl1 ctrlCommit 1>

Error position: _totalTimeout)))];

_ctrl1 ctrlCommit 1>

Error Zero divisor

File z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_unconscious.sqf, line 22

Solutions: Had to either leave the server, or, alternatively, wait till I would pass out again whilst making sure to NOT be pressing any movement keys. Both methods would return me back to a normal state.

Where you were: Near Chernogorsk.

What you were doing: Crawling around at night, low on blood, passing out a lot.

*Current installed version: 1.5.8.4

*Server(s) you were on: EU 1 and Chicago 7

*Your system specs:

Computer specs:

Core i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz

6 GB DDR3 RAM

GTX 560 Ti

Windows 7 x64

ArmA2/OA Settings:

1920x1080 w/ View Distance at ~7000

Video Memory at Default

Post Processing Disabled

All other settings at Very High

AToC=0;

PPAA=1;

PPAA_Level=3;

Easy solution, if you're stuck moving in a direction just press the direction key and release it, sometimes the game bugs and treats the movement keys like all the others (double tap to hard-toggle).

Easy solution' date=' if you're stuck moving in a direction just press the direction key and release it, sometimes the game bugs and treats the movement keys like all the others (double tap to hard-toggle).

[/quote']

Yeah, I already tried something along those lines - both a press-hold as well as double-tap of the 'locked' movement key - but to no effect. Probably didn't do it right; will re-double my efforts next time. Many thanks for the tip!

Still happening.

Date/Time: 6-28-2012 and before/ ?

What happened: Movement stuck in forward motion after recovering from a bout of unconsciousness during forward movement.

Where you were: indoors, outdoors, on stairs, in fields, etc.

What you were doing: moving forward: fast crawling, slow crouch walking.

*Current installed version: 1.7.0

*Server(s) you were on: ?

*Your system specs: ?

*Timeline of events before/after error: Fell unconscious. Regained consciousness after several sort-of tiny false-start wake-ups.

Can be unlocked by an undetermined spamming of buttons: stand, move backwards, switch primary weapons, double-tap forward, etc. Contrary to above post, my experience is that none seem to consistently work.

Still happening!

Date/Time: 21 June 2012/ 0:00 BST onwards

What happened: While falling unconscious due to blood loss, upon wake up was stuck moving in the direction of travel prior to falling unconscious with no keyboard input.

If I was free-looking with the Alt key at the same time as running, upon wake up I would have above issue with free-look turned permanently on.

Where you were: Outdoors running between Orlovets and Berezino.

What you were doing: Crouch running, Alt free-looking.

Current installed version: 1.7.1.5 / ArmA2 Beta 93965

*Server(s) you were on: RU ?

*Your system specs:

i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz

8GB DDR3 RAM

GTX 670 (beta driver 304.48)

Windows 7 64bit

Can consistently resolve movement issue by pressing the key for direction of travel and it's opposite at the same time. (Moving forward or backwards: Press W and S at the same time).

Alt free-look issue requires logging out to the lobby and back in again.

I am getting this too.

I have found no way to stop it other than hope you are not moving just as the next fainting spell occurs.