Sign in to follow this  
Chris!

War Z - Game based off DayZ

So I searched the forums a bit and I couldn't find anything relating to War Z, so I figured I would give this a post. (My best buddeh showed me)

Basically there is this new game being released (current beta signup in progress) that is based off DayZ. It's a massive sandbox engine just like DayZ, free roam, it has looting for food, medical supplies, and ammunition, player vs player, teamwork, exploring, hidden locations, all that! Except it also has a working economy and NPCs to provide small side missions and safe zones to trade and barter before being shoved out into hostile territory.

http://thewarz.com/

Edited by Chris!

I'm pretty sure that your search must have been heavily filtered. This has been discussed and is incredibly old news :)

Yea. After reading the description of WarZ and it magic gold coins... I'll stay here. =)

Edited by opeth
  • Like 2

WarZ WAS in development long before DayZ!

It's only because people have heard of DayZ more they see WarZ and say "oh they just copied DayZ".

The War Z is a stand-alone game, DayZ is a Mod of another game, The War Z has been in development for nearly a year, DayZ, just under 4 months I believe.

• Like 1

If its good Ill play it..

I play every new game that comes out! LOL

Edited by opeth

I think they were developing this game before DAYZ. it comes out november,

Yeah but the difference is it's a game built for it, so no strange voodoo with animations or clunky combat. Not to knock DayZ or anything, I still love it.

• Like 1

This is completely new and 100% original.

And I'm with Opeth on this one. I'll try it, if it's good, I'll play both DayZ and WarZ. If not, It's not like I haven't spent money on crap games before...

Edited by kentk94
  • Like 3

This reminds of of the console wars vs. pc.

This is completely new and 100% original.

And I'm with Opeth on this one. I'll try it, if it's good, I'll play both DayZ and WarZ. If not, It's not like I haven't spent money on crap games before...

Exactly. I got a whole list of Steam games that fall into that. lol

• Like 1

As it stands right now, I really like DayZ, but if The War Z impresses and it has everything I like from DayZ with none of the bugs (Super-zombies, barbed wire/tank traps that don't actually keep zombies out, delayed player deaths, dissapearing inventory, breaking a leg too easily), then I'm going to jump straight to The War Z!

Edited by Skyl1n3

This is really basic guys.....

WarZ was indeed in development before Dayz however warz has changed it's core gameplay drastically after seeing dayz success. There is a article out their about this it's either on ign or n4g.com I am to lazy to look it up.

hey guys did you hear, the world trade centers were hit!

Can I borrow your DeLorean? I wanna go time-traveling too...

Has anyone seen any videos from the team making it or gameplay?

A lot of searches for this brings up rehashed interviews and once in a while new screenshots!!

I for one find this "game" a little too fishy.

Ok, here is deal with "War Z", "The War Inc.", "Hammer Point Interactive", and Artkos Entertainment.

The War Inc has been in development for years. Straight from the Artkos Entertainment website:

"War Inc Battle Zone is an action packed, downloadable, free to play, multiplayer, online game that features fun player vs. player ground combat, in multiple settings with a variety of modes and options for all players. Set in a vast, open environment of realistic detail, War Online brings exciting new innovations to the classic multiplayer combat game play. The player will have the ability to create their own "War Hero Character", and acquire new specialized weapons and equipment, gain rank, and climb the leader boards. MMO-like special abilities will enable players to take this combat game to new strategic depths. War Online is being developed by Online Warmongers LLC using the Void Production Eclipse Engine. "

Now, here are some of the blurbs on The War Z:

"Some of its systems seem more in-line with what we’d expect from conventional RPGs or MMOs: a skill system, customizable characters, item selling, and bounty-setting,"

"This can also mean that The War Z will be using Arktos' Eclipse engine."

Big open worlds to explore between 200 to 400 square kilometers"

Now, I am not doubting that they started a Zombie game sometime last year. The engine has been in development, and the zombie craze has been going on for a while. What they need to stop doing though, as we all I am sure will agree, is to stop acting like all the dynamics they are sporting for their game (hunger, players are the issue, no end-game, sandbox, etc) were their idea in the first place.

Edited by kreaol

"On the main page it says they have 2 currencies. Gold coins and cash/money. I guess one is received from in-game stuff and one is from micro-transactions."

No.

• Like 1

hey guys did you hear, the world trade centers were hit!

Your contribution on these forums is fucking amazing!! Please, show us more...

bCxOj.gif

This is really basic guys.....

WarZ was indeed in development before Dayz however warz has changed it's core gameplay drastically after seeing dayz success. There is a article out their about this it's either on ign or n4g.com I am to lazy to look it up.

Yes, of course. That's because this "game" has only a few sreenshots after this long, long development and a webpage, that was registered at 24 May 2012.

That's because if you are going to do some research about this "game", you will find nothing until the last few weeks it suddenly appears.

That's because it will use the shitty engine from War Inc., a free2Play Ego-shooter.

The long development was really a success.

• Like 5

WarZ WAS in development long before DayZ!

It's only because people have heard of DayZ more they see WarZ and say "oh they just copied DayZ".

The War Z is a stand-alone game, DayZ is a Mod of another game, The War Z has been in development for nearly a year, DayZ, just under 4 months I believe.

the WarZ was not in production before DayZ it was in concept. And it didnt have a name they blatantly mimicked DayZ with their name choice and did so right after Paramount Pictures put in for IP Trademarking and Copyrights on a World War Z game franchise based off of the upcoming movie inspired by Max Brooks book World War Z. WarZ has potential but it most certainly did not come before DayZ and doesn't even have a working model of the game yet. All it is at this point is a few story boards and a couple of pictures claiming to be more, have you seen any trailers, videos, beta acknowledgement other than a 1 page website that barely functions? I'm sorry but if a game has been in development for over a year I'd think we'd have heard of it before now and would have seen some footage already.

DayZ has been in Development for 4 months and we are playing it. WarZ has been in development for a year haven't even seen 1 sec of gameplay footage...

Edited by Acix
  • Like 4

So I searched the forums a bit and I couldn't find anything relating to War Z

24214674.jpg

I am sure that it's going to have key mechanics that make it worthwhile to play, but I doubt that it is going to, at least initially, surpass DayZ at the core of it's "sandbox"ness. We can speculate all we want, but at this time it's just another hyped-up "Fable" and "Spore".