Sign in to follow this  
jiakurai

Barter, rather than trade system.

Sure a trade system with money and stuff would be nice.

But it would be a whole hell of a lot simpler to do a thing like Team Fortress 2 (With their system, not currency) You can trade with anyone in-game wherever they are.

5 items on each side with room on each slot for ammo.

Everyone is posting trade systems with forms of currency and whatnot. That makes the development a whole lot more complicated with adding the new system and making a new currency, when all we need is a safe and secure trading system where we're not in risk of dying.

Edited by jiakurai

Barter is the obvious choice and is happening already, but without an ingame mechanic to facilitate it.

I think currency would not be a good thing in this game.

Currency usually needs a governing body to regulate it's use.

Barter/trade is more "realistic" for an apocalypse scenario IMO.

There is a barter system.

It's called contacting the person, meeting up in some location and hoping he doesn't shoot you in the face.

• Like 2

Nono, I disagree. This would take the point of the game out of proportion.

DayZ is an experiment if you think about it the right way. Basically, the point of DayZ is the contact with other players. I personally believe that instead of this idea, perhaps someone should set up a trade server with player security that is open at different times. Perhaps co-ordinated teamwork with the group of people would allow this to become a bit of a realistic situation.

Some people are going to try and rob the area, while the security of the trade company attempts to keep it safe.

This idea is obviously something that should be built on top of the standalone version instead of the mod.

There is a barter system.

It's called contacting the person, meeting up in some location and hoping he doesn't shoot you in the face.

What the fuck is your problem?

Every time I see you on the forums you come off with some idiotic, unhelpful, and completely ridiculous remark.

Rocket says the community is healthy, but I suppose you're an exception. You're contributing nothing to the conversation, just busting the ideas that are placed and dipping out of the thread.

Your input is fucking worthless, please go elsewhere.

I traded a spare water bottle for a blood transfusion before. There are good people out there, it's just hard to find them.

What the fuck is your problem?

Every time I see you on the forums you come off with some idiotic, unhelpful, and completely ridiculous remark.

Rocket says the community is healthy, but I suppose you're an exception. You're contributing nothing to the conversation, just busting the ideas that are placed and dipping out of the thread.

Your input is fucking worthless, please go elsewhere.

My input is realistic.

We don't need no magic trading system.

DayZ is about surviving, and part of that is taking risks, whether it's by trading or drinking from a lake.

Take your ranting someplace else, son.

don't say son when you look about 15 haha.

the way things are done at the moment is too high risk to stay. risk involved yes but at the moment you are probably going to get shot and your stuff taken.

currency will eventually just mean goldfarmers ruining the game, at the moment with permadeath and the probability of dying they are kept at bay.

i'd suggest making the risk come from the inabilty to move and the noise of a trade , but the possibility for it to be done from across the map.

e.g. trades can be done from any town, both players must be in a town and be actively looking to trade, while a trade is in progress the use cannot move, and a noise is attached to the trade. trading takes 30seconds after both have accepted , and in that 30seconds you are completely oblivious to anyone who may have been tracking you etc

We just need ingame radio's so we could contact other players with them across the map. Then we could set up meetins/traps/ambushes and raids. But someone might be listeneing. Would be nice if everyone can find a radio with range 1 km and then ther are radio towers that reach 20 km so u can get to radio tower and talk to people and ask them to meet up

don't say son when you look about 15 haha.

the way things are done at the moment is too high risk to stay. risk involved yes but at the moment you are probably going to get shot and your stuff taken.

currency will eventually just mean goldfarmers ruining the game, at the moment with permadeath and the probability of dying they are kept at bay.

i'd suggest making the risk come from the inabilty to move and the noise of a trade , but the possibility for it to be done from across the map.

e.g. trades can be done from any town, both players must be in a town and be actively looking to trade, while a trade is in progress the use cannot move, and a noise is attached to the trade. trading takes 30seconds after both have accepted , and in that 30seconds you are completely oblivious to anyone who may have been tracking you etc

Judging a book by its cover, eh? Shows so much about your character. I'm 19, by the way.

And that's the point of DayZ - Risk. With no risk, it's not fun. You want to trade? Do it with people you trust, or people others have traded with in the past and are known to be trustworthy.

Crying about the risk in trading is the same about crying over PvP, you can do it all you want but it's not going to change.

• Like 1

There's already the perfect barter system in place.

It's called "Give me your shit and I won't shoot your face off.".

Judging a book by its cover, eh? Shows so much about your character. I'm 19, by the way.

And that's the point of DayZ - Risk. With no risk, it's not fun. You want to trade? Do it with people you trust, or people others have traded with in the past and are known to be trustworthy.

Crying about the risk in trading is the same about crying over PvP, you can do it all you want but it's not going to change.

no-one is crying, its a suggestions thread for trying to improve the game.

no-one is crying, its a suggestions thread for trying to improve the game.

A suggestion that was posted 40 times before and never happened - yet people keep trying? It's practically begging.

we dont need any barter system man its the least thing this game needs haa. think of the the other shit 10 times more important :D

A suggestion that was posted 40 times before and never happened - yet people keep trying? It's practically begging.

there hasnt been a new suggestion on here for weeks haha!

rope-done

bases-done

more zombies - done

harder zombies-done

endgame-done

currency-done-headlamps-done

faster boats-done

more weapons-done

less weapons-done

russian weapons-done

its all been done. and we don't know which will be implemented, so people keep making them in order to try and catch rockets eye. until he says no you have to assume he's either thinking about it or has yet to see it