KEEPCARLM

M107 and the Coyote Backpack, is it a bug or not?

Me and my friend stumbled across two M107's and two Coyote Backpacks.

This is how the game worked.

Friend : Picks up M107, with his Coyote Backpack still on his back, is able to switch into his backpack and out again with no problems.

Me : Pick up M107, Coyote Backpack goes off my body and onto the floor (as if I was switching between them). so, I try to pick the M107 up into my backpack, this works. However I then try to move it into my main inventory replacing my M4A1 CC0, and the backpack literally vanishes. and I am left with no backpack but the M107 in my hands. Pretty pissed off my backpack and all its contents (including my M4a1 CCO and 8 mags, bloodpacks, meat etc) AND the backpack itself has vanished I get a bit annoyed. but I run forwards about 20 meters and find my backpack on the floor, 20meters away from where I tried to take the M107 out my pack (switching it with the M4)

I have read that the AS50 and the M107 are meant to take up the backpack slot, but also I have read that is to do with ARMA2 works, but DayZ is meant to be different.

The question is, was my game in the right, or was my friends? (I couldn't carry the M107 with backpack, my friend could)

This is a bit annoying as I wanted a sniper rifle (but I'm mainly glad that I found my backpack after it vanished), the M107 wasn't my first choice mind you, but certainly it was more use to me than the other weapon I found, an FN FAL ANVP S4.

This isn't a moaning topic by the way, it's a genuine question as clearly my friends game and mine both did different things, it seems bizarre that us trying to do the exact same thing yielded different results.

(I fancy myself a DMR, if anyone wans to trade an FN FAL ANVP S4 but, with no ammo)

It's a Arma thing, you can carry with AS50 with a Pack, but the M107 takes up both slots in the main game.

And it just seems like a small glitch in the system at that moment, cause I've used the M107 and still had my pack.

I carry arround my as50 all day with my coyote bag :)

I can carry M107 also with a bag .

Edited by Jemoeder

I didn't get this bug myself, and I have found both the AS50 and M107.

not exactly sure what went wrong there

but yes, you can have 1 weapon in your hands and 2nd in backpack (10 slots)

make sure that when you change between the two, you pull the weapon OUT of backpack INTO your hands. then the one you had in your hands will be in the backpack.

IF you do other way around, you will lose one of your weapons.

This happened to me with ALL machine guns I've found, it's weird. My friend managed to use them without losing his backpack... :(

Yeah, I didn't do anything wrong, it was definitely bugged. I know my way around the inventory now, infact I had an M24 in there which I was switching about before I found the M107, but I gave the m24 to someone thinking I had the M107 . Now I have neither :(

haha, yeah maybe a little bit of greed but hey, wouldn't we all be greedy in a zombie apocalypse :)

Yeah, I didn't do anything wrong, it was definitely bugged. I know my way around the inventory now, infact I had an M24 in there which I was switching about before I found the M107, but I gave the m24 to someone thinking I had the M107 . Now I have neither :(

I can tell you exactly what happened, you (or someone else) spawned an m107 into the game using a script but you spawned the ARMA 2 m107 rather than the Dayz version (which was fixed to only use one slot).

Hacked weapon + stupid user = no backpack