Sign in to follow this  
Gashed

HOW do I know if a tent is going to work or not?

I spent the better part of a day hunting for tents on multiple servers and grocery stores. I found 7.

I pitched 7 tents in a secluded area far north (NOT OUTSIDE OF THE MAP).

I placed one crappy unwanted item into each, to be sure that they'd keep the items after a restart.

They didn't. None of them did. At all. All items were lost from them after a server restart. Please note that I am 100% sure that I saved the tents, It's a habit I have developed of saving tents 2-3 times before I leave them.

For crying out loud, how can I get around this bug? I can't play because I have too many items and I can't store anything at all.

I spent the better part of a day hunting for tents on multiple servers and grocery stores. I found 7.

I placed one crappy unwanted item into each, to be sure that they'd keep the items after a restart.

They didn't. None of them did. At all. All items were lost from them after a server restart. Please note that I am 100% sure that I saved the tents, It's a habit I have developed of saving tents 2-3 times before I leave them.

For crying out loud, how can I get around this bug? I can't play because I have too many items and I can't store anything at all.

at this moment, there´s a 50/50 chance depending on servers that tents/vehicles are syncing fine or not. have the same problem with our server since three days...waiting vor serverupdate 1.7.2.5.

so there´s no possibility to fix it by yourself...or to figure out, which server running fine with that or not

Edited by timohepolis
  • Like 2

tents on slopes or in trees will prob lose items

try this,,,,,

place tent on level ground (never un pitch a tent) it will just respawn and not work

save it after you place it

do not put items in it until a server restart

every time you mess with your tent save it

This has been working for me, place, save restart, then use

• Like 2

Assume they don't and get a car.

As much as I am thankful for your speedy response, that is a hell of a lot easier said than done. :/

try this,,,,,

place tent on level ground (never un pitch a tent) it will just respawn and not work

Thank you! I'll try this.

try this,,,,,

Doesnt work for me....tried it so hard with multiple saving the tents, waiting for sync about more than 60 mins etc.

Every server-restart will roll it back to previous setting/staff.

therefore, it is possible to duplicate saved items in the tents. taking out a M24 + Mags, restart the server, M24 is back in tent and i got one in my gear. horrible!

Edited by timohepolis

Pray to the gaming gods then when you do finally get one to work you will have the joys of somebody finding your tent and taking all its contents.

One helicopter user can find every tent on the server without much difficulty. Tents are really pointless at this stage of the game.

because there are so many helicopters scanning for tents on every server xD

anyways, how would you spot a tent hidden in between 3 trees from a helicopter?

The tents in DayZ are pretty hilarious in comparison to the Arma 2 construction system.

Wondering when they will (If they can) come up with a practical storage solution. I am too sceptical about tents to even put faith in leaving my gear in one atm...

Just put an empty tin can in it first, save it, wait for a server restart, come back, see if the can is still in there. If not, pack it up, repitch it, repeat the process. Do this until the tin can stays in the tent. Then it should work fine.

• Like 1

One helicopter user can find every tent on the server without much difficulty. Tents are really pointless at this stage of the game.

How can they see them? The forests are pretty dense.

What works for me:

1 place tent.

2 place 1 piece of trash inside tent.

3 wait for server restart.

4 trash is gone.

5 place gear in tent and save.

Seems like tents clear after first restart after that mine are always working.

Edited by Dallas

I had 8 tents, only one of them saved an item, but it could never save more after that. This had been after several restarts and putting junk in them.

Then one day, they all suddenly worked. They are all on sloped ground, I tried several methods to get them to work, but all of them ended up working anyway.

A lot of what people suggest about getting tents to save items is guesswork, and outright superstition. There was a fix, which helped my tents on 1.7.2.4 but some still have issues.

My advice would be, don't try too hard trying to get them to work. Eventually they might, but you will have little effect on that, other than keeping them from disappearing and placing more.

at this moment, there´s a 50/50 chance depending on servers that tents/vehicles are syncing fine or not. have the same problem with our server since three days...waiting vor serverupdate 1.7.2.5.

so there´s no possibility to fix it by yourself...or to figure out, which server running fine with that or not

Maybe someone like me grabbed the lousy items I collect bottles as someday they gonna be worth 20 cans of beans each.
  • Like 1

Well if you die you loose all that stuff and have to start again thats the easiest way to get rid of it. You not supposed to be a packrat this is "survival" you just need some water, a can of beans, matches, hunting knife, axe, some type of weapon and stay out of the rain, don't let anyone see you and don't bother the zeds they will kill you and eat your brains.
  • Like 1

I have four tents, all saving.

Most of them took a couple of Server Restarts.

The last one finally started saving (self re-postitioned) after 16 server restarts. (3 DayZ).

I logged on yesterday afternoon and there were none whatsoever >:(...

Logged on later in the evening and they were all in place.... :D

Its all about data fetch from the Hive.

Yes tents are fixed,,, but still suck balls, err remain problematic !

Gonna repair a car later (if the tents are there) I bet that is going to be fun.

I have four tents, all saving.

Most of them took a couple of Server Restarts.

The last one finally started saving (self re-postitioned) after 16 server restarts. (3 DayZ).

I logged on yesterday afternoon and there were none whatsoever >:(...

Logged on later in the evening and they were all in place.... :D

Its all about data fetch from the Hive.

Yes tents are fixed,,, but still suck balls, err remain problematic !

Gonna repair a car later (if the tents are there) I bet that is going to be fun.

As of 1.7.2.6, all tents and vehicles save on server restart. Haven't had a bad restart so far on my server. Make sure your tents are from 1.7.2.6 and not any previous versions, as those will probably bug and disappear/not function correctly. Only problem is all vehicles empty their fuel tank on server restart. Pain in the ass. Filling the chopper every restart gets old.