Anton17

Under 9000 health and zombie's "random" super-punch.

I'm not complaining about the added boost of zombies from the latest patch, let me get that straight. What I am complaining about is if you're even a point under 9000 health and come into close contact with a Zombie, you're totally fucked.

I am not upset from a single experience or angry that I lost my gear - I understand the rules of DayZ and the part death plays, I have no beef with dying. This is based on multiple and various assorted experiences and they all ended with my conclusion. In all situations that I've died to zombies recently its because the reckless and careless playstyle you could adopt in 1.7.2.3 simply does not work anymore. Stop your internal dialogue right there, that's a solid argument. I want to be straight and clear here. I am not looking for advice on my tactics or playstyle. I am not looking for zombies to become weaker. I am not attached to my gear and embarrassed about a death.

This has happened several, several times now... I'm probably up to a dozen experiences with the zombie's super-stretch-armstrong-mega-punch-of-death if you happen to be between 8000 or 9000 health. I will grant, its not always the first hit, but lets say I've had 10 zombie deaths in this situation - 7 of those have resulted in unconsciousness or a broken leg on the first hit. I am not over exaggerating here. In the latter 3 cases, it'll usually only take a couple of hits more to achieve the same effect.

I understand the blood calculations and effects it has on you whether you are in or out of combat and your player is under 9000 health. I have read the statistics, I understand it. What I don't understand is how it can manage to say its a "random" chance that a zombie can effectively 1HKO you with a single lucky strike. I even hesitate to call it lucky because luck determines some sort of abnormal or unusual state of play that adjusts the way things should normally work. What I can say is that this 'random' first-hit-super-punch definitely does not feel random or lucky in any definitions of the words as long as you are at 9000 blood or less. I like that zombies do more damage but with this hugely unfair or broken slot-wheel of unconsciousness or broken bones, you simply are not getting up out of that alive. I know that it should make you adopt a more careful approach, but it matters not for how careful or well you are playing - if you're under that blood level, and you get into a pinch with a zombie, you're going to fall down and not get up. I'd honestly consider you lucky at that point if you make it out alive if you're on your own, instead of calling the zombie lucky for that super-punch.

This isn't an issue restricted to the latest patch since this happened in 1.7.2.3 with an alarming and frustrating frequency, it just seems that they have increased that unfair frequency rate even more and not giving you much to do about it. I'd like to hear other player's experiences with blood levels and zombie super-punches to clarify whether it is just me being extremely and unanimously unlucky (I really don't think my 15+ deaths to this are lying) or whether the random effect and coding concerning seriously needs to addressed for consistency, integrity whether it works at all in the "random" department, or whether that whole feature needs to be revised.

• Like 5

These situations remind me of when you're in a house and the zombies fucking flying superman shit punch you haha.

• Like 1

I personally think you should only get knocked out or a broken bone when you're under X blood. 6000 is what I think, but maybe higher, maybe lower.

I personally think you should only get knocked out or a broken bone when you're under X blood. 6000 is what I think, but maybe higher, maybe lower.

Currently it is, or at least, it supposed to be. The (x) figure is 9000 blood, but have had reports of it happening at full health. Its also supposed to be random, hence this thread, since it definitely does not appear to be random at all but certain doom.

These situations remind me of when you're in a house and the zombies fucking flying superman shit punch you haha.

Ya, Right through the side of the house.

• Like 1

Maybe the idea is that you can not 'realistically' carry on normal activity with 25% of the blood in your body missing. Granted, you can die from blood loss quite a bit before you are completely drained as well.

It's frustrating, but that's Day Z. I'd be more concerned with stairs breaking your legs and killing you than zombies right now.

• Like 2

2 Options:

1. Go to blood banks and donate 3-4 times and tell me how you feel.

2. Weigh yourself. Divide by 4. Drink that much water in one sitting and tell me how you feel.

Pretty sure passing out is your body telling you something is wrong. Don't blame the zombies for doing the only thing they know how to do; gnawing on your face.

Oh and dude if you're not over 9000 you're weak. I'm just saiyan.

• Like 5

Every close call I've had with zombies has been when i was under 9000 blood, so yes I agree. After the last time that happened, I learned my lesson and now stop everything I'm doing to refill my blood anytime I get under ~10k.

But really? For newbies?

I respawn and can't do a goddamn thing. I have went from saying "zombies need a boost and this is great" to now going so far as to say they're overpowered.

I get knocked out by a zombie(s) when i'm well above 10,000 blood all the time. And literally the first hit by a zombie during the whole game has (from my experience) a 60-40 chance of making me bleed. Talk about excessive. Hopefully this gets tweaked in a upcoming patch.

Edited by Jony_WI

That line there, it made my day.

• Like 2

subtle

thanks to Zorro55 for pointing it out, beans all around

Everybody is asking for mechanic to play in groups - here you go.

I've already posted it in other similar threads - comments like "try to lose 25 per cent of your blood and see how it feels" are wrong. 12'000 is not all your characters blood, it's an am mount of blood, lost of which leads to the death.

Zombies too easy. Zombies too hard. Make your damn minds up. You should not be in a dangerous area like a town if you have anything less than 12,000 blood and the problem is solved, it's not hard to understand?

Zombies too easy. Zombies too hard. Make your damn minds up. You should not be in a dangerous area like a town if you have anything less than 12,000 blood and the problem is solved, it's not hard to understand?

Theres zombies in this game?

Edited by core.-

seems about 85% of the time, no matter the HP, one hit by Z leads to bleeding needing bandage. about 60% of the time for me, no matter the HP (im usually 11K+) first Z hit leads to broken bones.

also. 2 days ago i was full HP playing with a group of 3 friends. aggro'd some Z's (3 Z's) had them rush me, and knocked me unconscious and got me down to 3K! HP in a matter of about 2 seconds, my friends could barely shoot them before they killed me. seems a bit much. i think it could be tweaked down some. i mean seriously, i lost 9K health in less than 3 seconds?? dang.

Yeah, exactly. I don't want to appear fickle in the sense of: "Too easy... Too hard..." but I was in full support of a zombie boost and encouraged it at patch release. When I said that, I hadn't really had enough experience with them on the new patch to really justify that outcome. They really do seem as if just one zombie could kill you now if you let it get close enough and even then it can bug out with a super-arm.

I don't have a problem with giving zombies more oomph or the feature of the unconsciousness/brake-leg hit, my problem is with the regularity of the latter. It really needs to be toned down. They are honestly providing more trouble for me now than players do, being that when they get a rush on me, I'm near helpless.

I do encourage more grouping persuasion but you should still be allowed to play solo. As it stands, I honestly don't think I'd even survive a trip to Polana on my own.

Oh you people :) This makes me chuckle just because I just read a topic to buff and make Z's more potent and deadly. Then there is this. Randomness is good, you never can count to anything, you can't check out "oh good, I can take 4 hits before I have to worry, now I can do this".

The hard punch of the Z's should always be there, not regarding to your current blood. It makes you more carefull and makes you to plan more. This game is supposed to be cruel and one hit knockdowns? They are just that, cruel.

Think it as of a strong hit to your head to temple, you will be knocked out by it. But please do not try it on reallife :D

You should not let the Z's hit you at all or have a friend who can pull you out of the trouble if you get knocked down.

oh-you-15729.jpg

You seem to misunderstand. Randomness is good, you're right. But they definitively do not feel random. Between 1-3 hits, I'm either knocked down sleeping or have my legs broken. Couple with their new higher damage and hearing they have went from being nothing more than a minor annoyance to several instances of certain death.

I'm cool with taking zombies out in a fair fight and I'm cool with dying to them. I'm even cool with the super-punch as long as its done right. Right now it feels like its an 80% to be dead after a zombie gets the jump on you.

Yet another problem is laggyness and "interesting" zombie movement pattern. It is really hard to hit them sometimes. I, personally, have nothing again it, because I always play with friends, but I can see why it is Bad for lone wolfs.