Sign in to follow this  
lugaru

What gets you killed?

So I was wondering... what bad habbits get you consistently killed? I'm trying to work on mine and figured I would share them and hear some from you new and experienced players.

Podcasts: Sometimes I cannot resist the urge to have my headphones in while I play without team members... so I'll often ignore gun shots in the distance and die while listening to This American Life or some other show.

Flares are pretty! If I'm playing solo and it is night time, I have a hard time not tossing flares and chemlights everywhere. They are a ton of fun to play with, but tossing a flare into a building is a great way of saying "hey, you should point your gun at the door, somebody is probably about to step in".

Villages: The way this game is balanced, I run into more zombies in the many villages that dot the map than any city, military base, airfield or industrial area. Seriosly I should be able to go in, get some bad civilian gear, maybe a pistol or shotty, and get out. Instead I mostly visit Cherno and Elektro since the odds of getting shot are lower than the odds of getting chased by a train of zomibes (easier to shake them there too).

Hi, how can I help you? In real life I'm a nice guy. Unfortunately I'm a nice guy in DayZ too. That means that my last words have been "Hi stranger, what can I do for you?". Solution? Not shoot on sight, but also dont be so trusting.

• Like 1

Well, I've got only one death so far. I glitched off a lighthouse after passing out ontop of it (had been knocked close to death by zombies). Rescue was close, the guy was climbing the damn stairs already. FFS!

Driving the first vehicle you find then accidently crashing into a tree, you are passed out, bleeding with 2k blood remaining with a broken leg.

Doing a suicide mission at night when it's pitch black with zombies in close range. toss a couple of road flares to light up the sky and your current location, and pull out your rifle and firing into the sky to get the local camping snipers kill.

going to careless around zeds, they tend to one-hit me to sleep several times and meanwhile they eat me.

I die from starvation 90% of the time. I can never seem to find food or hunting equipment fast enough. The other 10% is from bandits and scared new players. Usually if I make it far and have a character for more than a couple of days I usually end up getting shot at the NWAF or Stary. Lol

What gets me killed is this...

263ae02.png

Everytime!

Edit - Every... Fucking... God... Damn... Time!

Edited by uni-sol

going to careless around zeds, they tend to one-hit me to sleep several times and meanwhile they eat me.

same here, fucking joke.

Oh, yeah. Forgot about that one.

Yeah, I hate the 1 punch knockout.

"Me and my axe cannot be stopped... and... I'm unconcius at 8900 blood... huh".

Best way to avoid this? Remember that you dont get xp, gold or anything else for killing zombies. Usually if you can go a while without killing a single one, you are being smart.

Also I'm shocked to hear a player is starving a lot, I've never succesfully starved... I either die way before that of unnatural causes or find a can of something. A piece of advice: check outhouses. Sounds gross but most players dont check them and they will often have a can of beans or sardines... sounds gross but at least you dont have to eat outhouse beans in real life.

only Zeds so far..

their wacky AI/ aggro range makes exploring ANY area with zombs a REAL gamble right now..

some people say its easy to avoid/lose Zombs but i cant do it..every now and then i can lose 1-2 but i ALWAYS seem to pickup more.. always end up having to shoot in the end..

i have almost died of starvation once..curious how long does the flashy red icon last ? is there another icon after that? or is it pass out time ?

Falling off ladders or rooftops , crashing my bike, getting cornered into a bush or fence then beat down by the hoard, shot by scumbag bandits ;) but mostly falling off the factory towers :S

@

Siberian it flashes for a minuet or two, and then makes you bleedout. you really don't have much time and it really depends on the total you had before you started to starve/dehydrate .

@

Siberian it flashes for a minuet or two, and then makes you bleedout. you really don't have much time and it really depends on the total you had before you started to starve/dehydrate .

thx i didnt know i was that close.. guess ill have to keep a closer eye on my food levels

I've only ever been killed by players in cherno and electro.

All other kills have been zombie inflicted, but now that I have a knife, matches, and hatchet it is super easy to heal up.

Basically I play the game paranoid as fuck.

I avoid the big towns and scan the small ones for signs of life before going in. When I do go in, I run into the target building, hatchet any zed I aggroed, get my shit and get out.

I died from a hacker in Stary :( I had a FAL with 5 mags, a M4A1 CCO, an AS50 and an Coyote backpack. He one shotted me randomly facing another direction even though I stuck 5 FAL rounds in his chest at close range before I even got shot myself....

Edited by Addsome

Driving a bus around. That's like shouting "I'm over here, massive in size, slow moving and I can't fire back!". I had more players shooting at me during a 5 minute bus trip than in a whole day before that. Not a safe way to travel for sure.

The main thing that has gotten me killed in my lack of patience. Instead of carefully scanning a city/town/tree line I just do a half-ass job and dash in, usually to my demise. And when running around I don't like the crouch run, it's slower than the stand up run, damn it, I need more patience... And checking a body right after you kill a player, EVEN if there are only 3-4 people on the server, they still may have a friend with them.

Patience..or the lack thereof is the only thing that has gotten me killed after the first few noob deaths.

Snipers, mostly snipers.

Can camp out an area for 15 minutes, scout out every building in binocular distance, but every time.. they always manage to get me and my buddy.

Was actually running through Berezino when some random sniper killed my buddy, i ran to the forest and escaped but idk if it was lag or not but i randomly died about 60-100 steps in the forest