Luieburger

1.5.8.4 The first action you take on a server is stuck with you

Date/Time: 5/23/2012 5:46PM PST

What happened: I removed a barbwire fence and then tried to gut a cow. Sadly, the only option I had on my action menu (other than gear and the other general options) was to remove cat 5. I tried it away from the cow and had the same option.

My wife on her computer next to me saved a tent and later found that she only had the save tent option when she tried to do another action.

Where you were: Me: NE Airfield - Dallas 5

My wife: NE Airfield - Seattle (Anti-Sardine Alliance)

What you were doing: Trying to take any action

*Current installed version: 1.5.8.4 on both machines

*Server(s) you were on: (Stated above)

*Your system specs:

Me: Win7 64bit i5 Ivy Bridge 3.1ghz 8gigs of memory Radeon 5830

My wife: Same as above except with a 550TI.

*Timeline of events before/after error:

Before: Take some action. In this case, saving a tent or removing barbed wire.

After: Couldn't do anything but the first action taken on the server.

Here's a video of the bug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5VhCzN3rFA

My buddy and I are both seeing this. We can't give transfusions or repair a vehicle. Both of us have "Save UAZ" stuck in our menus wherever we go.

Version:

System Specs:

Win 7 x64

Nvidia GTX670

AMD 2.6Ghz Quad Core

8GB Memory

Server:

NYC-8

SAME THING HAPPENING HERE. SO I CAN'T REPAIR CARS.

I got the "Save GAV (car)" action stucked on my actions list and it dont let me repair any car and i got all the parts ://///////

PLEASE FIX IT

Couldn't cook my meat because of this and am now stuck starving on a server. This needs a hotfix ASAP.

Couldn't cook my meat because of this and am now stuck starving on a server. This needs a hotfix ASAP.

If you get desperate, just press Escape->Abort->Disconnect and then re-join the game. You keep your spot on the server and you reconnect where you left off. It temporarily gets rid of this action menu problem. Re-connect, cook your meat, be happy. :)

Hey guys,

Just so you're all aware, you now interact with items through your gear menu.

Instead of using the scroll wheel:

Press G -> Right Click Item -> Select Option (That was previously on scroll wheel)

Hey guys' date='

Just so you're all aware, you now interact with items through your gear menu.

[b']Instead of using the scroll wheel:

Press G -> Right Click Item -> Select Option (That was previously on scroll wheel)

You're right, but there are several actions that do not take place in the gear menu. Gutting animals, repairing vehicles, saving tents. These are just a few actions that happen on the menu. See my video in the original post to see what the problem with this is right now.

If you get desperate' date=' just press Escape->Abort->Disconnect and then re-join the game. You keep your spot on the server and you reconnect where you left off. It temporarily gets rid of this action menu problem. Re-connect, cook your meat, be happy. :)

[/quote']

That was my idea, until I realized that my only wood for a campfire had just been used up in a futile effort to cook meat when it simply couldn't be done. Wasn't able to be done in gear menu either.

Glad we're not the only ones. I can confirm this is happening to players on FR4 too.

I can also confirm this

Goes for refueling vehicles, fixing vehicles, giving blood bags, etc.

The only way around it is to disconnect and then reconnect each time you want to perform an action

Also with tents, when you save them the "Save old camping tent" selection stays the entire time until you disconnect

I'm suprised no one is noticing this

I can confirm this, too.

My group had "Save UAZ"/"save car red" and "save old camping tent" stuck and could not properly interact with anything else, we couldn't give blood transfusions, until we dced and relogged.

Also "save car red" gets stuck all the time, even if you don't save the car, making it impossible to interact/repair the car, i could just access the gear and get in but not fix the broken wheel/hull.

Refueling made the sound and emptied the can but the cars tank was still empty.

Also "save car red" gets stuck all the time' date=' even if you don't save the car, making it impossible to interact/repair the car, i could just access the gear and get in but not fix the broken wheel/hull.

Refueling made the sound and emptied the can but the cars tank was still empty.

[/quote']

This. Every other action mentioned in this thread I'm able to fix by reconnecting to the server. Repairing / refueling vehicles however is completely impossible. As soon as I get close enough to the vehicle to repair it, the "Save UAZ/GAZ" option takes its place.

there definitely seems to be a bug with the mouse wheel system ATM where different options get stuck in your mouse wheel options and do not go away no matter how far away the object in question is from you.

Like last night I was sitting behind a sandbag wall my group had put up to block a entrance to a barn, and I was hiding zombie corpses in the barn and the mouse wheel option to remove the bagwall came up, then later when I was no longer near the barn, the barn was not even in sight, I was trying to recover a steel bolt and accidentally clicked the remove bag wall option that was still coming up in my mouse wheel options for whatever reason, and then someone from my group on vent says the bag wall just disappeared, who did that, yup and it was me, miles away from the barn somehow.

My friend was also having the same issue where he had the save tent option in his scroll wheel still when he was on the opposite side of the map from his tent.

Confirming this earlier also, came across a tent and was able to use the 'Save Old Tent' feature on my mousewheel where ever I was. It was about the time this began happening that servers became absurdly lag-ridden and it became hard to pick up items due to that lag.

Same thing here. Saved a tent then later couldn't give my friend blood

Getting the same thing here, so far saving cars and tents get stuck for me... the "make fireplace" also seems to be bugged, hidden in the scroll menu when you roll down one step beneath the "last/lowest" option... The highlight will dissappear and if you click it will tell you (if you lack wood anyway) that "making a fireplace here is not possible".