Zoop

Attention: Rocket. Please review the DayZ server host rules.

For those of you saying the OP is wrong id bet my life on it...you are the hacking bastards were fighting against.

And for those saying its because its Alpha.....fuck off and learn something.

And lastly for those saying its not Rocket or the Devs fault...harden the fuck up! Of course its their fault....i have seen nothing official lately about this pandemic. Admins need the power to ban anyone they suspect hacking on their servers.

• Like 1

Last I checked, it was Rocket's Mod, his rules, his ways, dont like it? Then host another game else where. Simple as that.

Wow, what a well thought out, intelligent response.....

SMH

PS. Keep following this "business practice" and see how long the popularity lasts. All of the legit players will move on to another game that actually let's SA's police their own servers and keep the hackers inline.

Edited by AADiC
  • Like 1

Make a non-hive server. Solution is simple. I personally think that 75% of servers should be disconnected from the hive and make their own 5-10 server hives for a certain public. You have your cars and tents on one server anyway, so why do you need connection to hive? To follow some rules, and then get banned because of one asshole, and Rocket's paranoia-induced-rules?

• Like 1

Last I checked, it was Rocket's Mod, his rules, his ways, dont like it? Then host another game else where. Simple as that.

Wow, nice attitude to those paying to "support Rocket's vision". Makes me feel better for the $100 a month I dump in this hole....

• Like 7

Wow, nice attitude to those paying to "support Rocket's vision". Makes me feel better for the $100 a month I dump in this hole....

Yup! And no one is forcing you to do it either huh. No one forced you to sign up. You signed up, knowing what was expected.

Yup! And no one is forcing you to do it either huh. No one forced you to sign up. You signed up, knowing what was expected.

No, kind of expected some Dev support, not smartass comments son.

Edited by jskibo
  • Like 3

You're right we did sign up, BUT when the level of cheating/hacking kept rising we thought something would change, guess we are deluded to think that.

No, kind of expected some Dev support, not smartass comments sir.

Amen!!!!!

Ok let me jump in here. YES everyone knows cheaters/hackers SUCK. Its made a mess of things and forced some people to even resort to unofficial servers. (Which is bad anyways atm during alpha stage)

Now things are being worked on each patch to BAN those ppl and once banned, they have to buy another key again. As for rules. Some adjustment may be needed, however that wont help vs hackers really. Just those lame cheating server admins who use their server for personal gain. However if caught, they are black listed. So if they are paying monthly for a server. Thats a loss on THEIR end. Kinda would suck too no?

Now keep in mind, DayZ is FREE. No one paid for it yet. Now people who rent servers out, that IS their choice. Its nice to see real admins do the real testing deal. However its not a god given right yet. Alpha means its testing, new features, fixes and so. Once things mess up in beta builds, THEN people could have more of a reason to get mad. Just for now.. have to be patient and see how each patch plays out. That or maybe choose to suspend hosting a server till things are more to your personal liking. Thats just my view on it.

• Like 5

In the absence of Battleye actually working the only substitute is server admins having spectating ability and that is a path that Rocket et al refuse to take. So enjoy the teleporting, thunderdome, invisible invincible fully kitted snipers. Script logchecking doesn't work half the time because they're bypassed, or injecting the hack onto innocent players. The only real path is RPT checking and that's a giant mess.

Edited by Sodajones

double post sorry

Edited by Longs

Seriously? The mod and environment has changed drastically since launch, yet the ruleset is still the same?

We have hackers running amok on our server, and I can't do ANYTHING to stop them? The easiest solution would be for me to password the server and set up a whitelist that is open to anyone, yet I can't because I'm not allowed to password the server. Instead, I have to see all the money paid for the server go down the drain while hackers render the game unplayable on our server?

Seriously?

Revise your server rules, because things can't keep going on like they are now. It's simply not working.

Agree 100%

The best thing that all players can do is capture video proof for every possible hacker. With the footage you can send thi to the Dayz team and request a ban. At least try.

Tried that and the DayZ team did fuck all.

Edited by Longs
  • Like 1

Sir, it's not DayZ that is at issue here. Like you said this is a Mod, all the hacking is not happening because of what Rocket has done but because what ARMA 2 is. Someone ports in a A10 on the server, I check logs, see it there, issue ban. Having any more steps.in that process is not needed. I fully understand that there are bad admins out there. I only kick/ban when I know 100% Tycho the person is guilty. I will continue to do so, because I have the proof to back it up if they ever complain in the forums

I agree, we're paying a shit load of money and we're penalised cause we can't ban people.

I think we should be able to kick, and then the players complain. We keep logs and proof of everyone we report/ban, which is fair play. I just want easier ways to tell when people are hacking in the logs, rather than painstakingly looking through them.

• Like 1

I'm just pretty tired of having to spend hours scouring server logs to try and find suspicious scripts, and if I don't, our players can't play because the server is getting the shit hacked out of it. All because I keep getting threatened with the dreadful blacklist baton every time I suggest something that might help combat the problem.

Something has got to give. It can't go on like this. Every time we ask the dev team for guidance or ways to improve the situation, we get met with either absolute silence from the devs, or smartass dick replies from people like Curgon telling us we're scumbags for even thinking of passwording the server.

So the one solution we might have for reducing the effects of hacking is criticized and gets yelled down because 'erhmehgehrd admin aboose!' So what, we leave the hackers to just go on and ruin every server out there because some admins are going to abuse it?

We fully understand that the situation is just as frustrating to the devs as it is to us. We know that you've got your hands full just developing the mod and keeping everything running, but understand where we're coming from as well. Sure, it's our choice to host the server, but it's still pretty shit that hackers are just being allowed to continue running rampant, and when admins discuss things to prevent it we get shouted down by not only the players, but also parts of the dev team? Honestly, I haven't seen a dev team with as little respect for the people hosting game servers for their mod as you guys.

LOOK AT YOUR RULES AGAIN. They were set up back when the mod had no more than 20 000 players. You've got almost a million now. It's not possible to go by the same rules set up 4 months ago.

Edited by Zoop
  • Like 9

Ok let me try this a different way, vs listing to posts that really wont get anywhere. How about you all post "rule ideas" you feel should be added to the list. Then that list could be passed on maybe.

Ok let me try this a different way, vs listing to posts that really wont get anywhere. How about you all post "rule ideas" you feel should be added to the list. Then that list could be passed on maybe.

Best Idea I seen all day, next to the idea of deleting DC's to fix a replication issue.

:P

Yeah, I agree, problem is, that is already happening, people are abusing that excuse "He was hacking" Got proof? They say No, cause they claim they dont need it, cause again, its their server. If you dont have proof, to cover your ass, when a Dev comes inquiring about it, especially of the person you banned has proof your lying, then kiss that server goodbye.

Well in that case I agree they should be blacklisted.

I was of the impression from this thread that admins were totally powerless in kicking/banning hacks.

LoL @ server admins wanting to kick others so they can farm items then unlock it and roll players then do it again.

A locked server should be a black listed server.

That's exactly what people have said in this thread, they want to farm items they could easily farm by server hopping.

Fair enough.

Allow us to set up 'whitelists' for our servers. Allow us to set up passwords and hand them to players who apply to play on our servers. If we can have even a bit of control over who plays on our servers, catching hackers will be easy as piss, if they even bother to come to the servers at all.

Secondly, allow us to ban players we think are hacking/exploiting. If they really were banned unfairly, they could always still go and post up a ban appeal on the Ban Appeals forum.

Yes, it's going to be abused, but no more than it already is. I understand I'm basically asking you to give a free pass to abusive admins, but here's the thing - those guys are being abusive assholes anyway. However, many of us are not, and it's ultimately going to be our servers that thrive in the end, because people are going to realise that certain servers have asshole admins and they simply won't play on them. I used to play twitch shooters like BF3 before getting into ArmA 2, and back then, the community simply did not play on servers where admins were being douchebags.

Let the community police itself.

At the very least, give the matter some thought and consideration, and maybe instate a trial period of, say, a week. See how it goes. If it doesn't work out, fine, then I'll shut up and stop moaning. I'm just really tired of having players on my server screwed over by asshole hackers all the time. Something needs to change.

Edited by Zoop
  • Like 19

I think it would just be terrible to be allowed to ban people! I mean come on, there's only like what, 1000+ Registered servers at this point, banning them from one will ruin their experience.

• Like 4

Fair enough.

Allow us to set up 'whitelists' for our servers. Allow us to set up passwords and hand them to players who apply to play on our servers. If we can have even a bit of control over who plays on our servers, catching hackers will be easy as piss, if they even bother to come to the servers at all.

Secondly, allow us to ban players we think are hacking/exploiting. If they really were banned unfairly, they could always still go and post up a ban appeal on the Ban Appeals forum.

Yes, it's going to be abused, but no more than it already is. I understand I'm basically asking you to give a free pass to abusive admins, but here's the thing - those guys are being abusive assholes anyway. However, many of us are not, and it's ultimately going to be our servers that thrive in the end, because people are going to realise that certain servers have asshole admins and they simply won't play on them. I used to play twitch shooters like BF3 before getting into ArmA 2, and back then, the community simply did not play on servers where admins were being douchebags.

Let the community police itself.

At the very least, give the matter some thought and consideration, and maybe instate a trial period of, say, a week. See how it goes. If it doesn't work out, fine, then I'll shut up and stop moaning. I'm just really tired of having players on my server screwed over by asshole hackers all the time. Something needs to change.

Also, have you guys considered an age-restriction when applying for a server? Ask people for proof of identity before you whitelist them on the Hive. I was thinking something like 25 (I'm 21 myself, but I'd be willing to concede administration to someone older for something like this) , although some might consider it a bit high. The thing is, you've got children administrating servers that they paid for with mommy's credit card, and you can bet the majority of admin abuse probably comes from the younger admins out there.

dis guy knows whats up.

• Like 3

LoL @ server admins wanting to kick others so they can farm items then unlock it and roll players then do it again.

A locked server should be a black listed server.

LoL @ hacker that wants to cheat and kill people without getting banned so he butthurts about admin abuse.

• Like 1