Zoop

Attention: Rocket. Please review the DayZ server host rules.

Last I checked, it was Rocket's Mod, his rules, his ways, dont like it? Then host another game else where. Simple as that.

you know making statements like that is a good way to loose your community support. If the problems keep going the way they are then the dayz stand alone will truely stand alone, by itself in the corner
  • Like 1

Seriously? The mod and environment has changed drastically since launch, yet the ruleset is still the same?

We have hackers running amok on our server, and I can't do ANYTHING to stop them? The easiest solution would be for me to password the server and set up a whitelist that is open to anyone, yet I can't because I'm not allowed to password the server. Instead, I have to see all the money paid for the server go down the drain while hackers render the game unplayable on our server?

Seriously?

Revise your server rules, because things can't keep going on like they are now. It's simply not working.

I absolutely agree!

• Like 1

I smell rebellion! Actually we are planing a bigger private hive in Germany. At the moment it is just an idea, but it is growing.

Edited by Yshido

Dont worry guys, WAR Z is releasing very soon and I suspect a lot of people will be jumping ship. Im a fan of Day Z and I hope these issues will be fixed, but if its the same layout when WAR Z comes out, yea many of us will be gone.

LOL @ this tool. I run two servers, one I leave open for hackers and parasites like you to play on and the other one I password protected. I invited 2 clans to come and play on it so its always full and we have a ton of pvp. I like to run with a friend of mine so I didnt even join one of the clans, my average life is about a day, maybe less. So now we have the full benifit of a full server, pvp and everything else we want but we dont have HACKERS! I am loving the game again and little kids like you can suck it. If my server ever gets black listed it will take me less then 8 hrs to get another one up and running again and I will do the SAME thing with that one. Cry some more parasite, there are plenty of server adms you can leach off of and then cry when they do something you dont like. I myself will laugh in your face and continue to do what I need to do to protect my server for myself and the people who play on it. HAHAHA you cant do shit about it either!

You ridiculous little cheating man.

Enjoy getting your server blacklisted. I myself will laugh in your face when the money you spent to rent a server is wasted because it can't connect to the hive anymore.

The level of ignorance feigned in this thread is absurd. You all pretend like these locked servers don't result in unfair play. They do. I don't care if *you* aren't going to do that. If it's allowed, many will do it. You'll see tons of servers with anywhere between 1-2 people on it to 10, all locked. Just looting and vehicle whoring safely to their hearts content.

But as usual, all anyone thinks about is themselves here. Stop bitching for the ability to lock your server. That is NOT the way to address hackers. Stop acting like it's the ONLY way to address hackers. It makes it seem like you're pushing this agenda for the reasons I mentioned already.

Dont worry guys, WAR Z is releasing very soon and I suspect a lot of people will be jumping ship. Im a fan of Day Z and I hope these issues will be fixed, but if its the same layout when WAR Z comes out, yea many of us will be gone.

Doubtful. I think many of the people who think War Z is going to be this great game haven't looked into the game or the company. They make generic nonsense. War Z will be more of that and it's pretty doubtful it'll even remotely compare to DayZ. Enjoy your grinding quests for gold coins. Sounds a lot like DayZ, huh?

Edited by Valec

The level of ignorance feigned in this thread is absurd. You all pretend like these locked servers don't result in unfair play.

Oh, really? So us saying that we're aware it's going to be abused by a large portion of admins is us saying admin abuse won't take place?

PS. Admin abuse is already rife, with or without these rules.

But as usual, all anyone thinks about is themselves here. Stop bitching for the ability to lock your server. That is NOT the way to address hackers. Stop acting like it's the ONLY way to address hackers. It makes it seem like you're pushing this agenda for the reasons I mentioned already.

Uh-huh, smart guy. So, if you're so smart, tell us what these other ways are? I'm not seeing you making any contributions in terms of suggestions.

All I'm seeing is someone complaining because he's scared if we can lock the servers he won't be able to loot-farm by server hopping anymore. It makes sense that you're pushing this agenda for the reason I mentioned.

But as usual, all anyone thinks about is themselves here.

If all I thought about was myself, I wouldn't be wasting $100 a month on two servers and an open Ventrilo server for the player base to use.....

Like you, I would be sitting on my money and playing on some other fools server. son!

• Like 1

Honestly I thought it would be best if characters were server dependent anyways... Join a new server, get a new character. That way you could have private servers for your own little community of 40 or so people who like playing together (although aren't necessarily avoiding PVP with each other), and not worry about someone abusing your server to get their character ahead for other servers, nor worry about letting anyone in that might be running hacks.

I don't disagree with Valec's point. A locked server could be used to 'safely' farm for the rarer loot for your character. I mean how pissed off would I be if I joined a server with 49 snipers in it with ghillie suits, nvg, the best rifles and rangefinders all setup along the coast?

But it's a matter of picking the lesser of two evils isn't it? If you can just materialize yourself all this equipment out of thin air anyways, what difference does it make if you get it through hacking, or through safe farming? At least if it's through safe farming, all you have to worry about is someone being fully equipped, not teleporting around behind you, or teleporting you into a closed building with 50 zombies, or seeing through the trees in the forest where you can't...

Valec though, you could be a little more... diplomatic... in your responses if you want people to take your concerns seriously. The more you attack someone, the less they listen to what you're actually saying. I'm sorry for my tone from my last message to you. I was annoyed at having just died under misterious circumstances (maybe hackers? not sure, what causes you to just die spontaneously without taking any damage?), and it was late and I was trying to compose a response quickly so I could get to bed.

If given the option, I'm sure there are a lot of admins who would rather keep a server running fairly and avoiding letting safe-farming happen on their server, rather than abusing their power and getting themselves ahead. I don't disagree that safe-farming will happen. But when those servers are discovered, and as you pointed out, they can be fairly obvious, they could be reported to DayZ and those servers could then be banned (or warned then banned, depending on how lenient DayZ wants to be).

Edited by BattleFate
  • Like 2

Private hives have the mission "DayZ sanctuary" so i do not count them =)

Only if they runs Guru's server, anti rockets just show as DayZ.

Private databases are the way to go. This was a experiment after all, the conclusion of which is if you build it it will get trolled.

Edited by Boomsling
  • Like 1

Oh, really? So us saying that we're aware it's going to be abused by a large portion of admins is us saying admin abuse won't take place?

PS. Admin abuse is already rife, with or without these rules.

Uh-huh, smart guy. So, if you're so smart, tell us what these other ways are? I'm not seeing you making any contributions in terms of suggestions.

All I'm seeing is someone complaining because he's scared if we can lock the servers he won't be able to loot-farm by server hopping anymore. It makes sense that you're pushing this agenda for the reason I mentioned.

Actually, I play on one server, but nice try. As far as the hacking goes, for one, it's alpha. No, that doesn't mean that hacking is okay. It means it's a problem to be addressed by the developers. Not you. Not by changing rules that are in place to prevent admins and their friends from having safe servers to loot. If you can't wait for a fix from the devs, why are you even playing? Again, I repeat, this is alpha. You're here to test. It's a nice side effect that you get to have fun too. Nothing more.

If all I thought about was myself, I wouldn't be wasting $100 a month on two servers and an open Ventrilo server for the player base to use.....

Like you, I would be sitting on my money and playing on some other fools server. son!

All this says is that you have more money than sense and probably don't work for any of it. son!

Only if they runs Guru's server, anti rockets just show as DayZ.

Private databases are the way to go. This was a experiment after all, the conclusion of which is if you build it it will get trolled.

I don't wonder if that's the real solution, but there's problems there too. Private databases can be modified by the host of said databases, which still allows for cheating. However, it would eliminate a lot of exploits like server hopping for loot as well as ghosting in combat.

Honestly I thought it would be best if characters were server dependent anyways... Join a new server, get a new character. That way you could have private servers for your own little community of 40 or so people who like playing together (although aren't necessarily avoiding PVP with each other), and not worry about someone abusing your server to get their character ahead for other servers, nor worry about letting anyone in that might be running hacks.

I don't disagree with Valec's point. A locked server could be used to 'safely' farm for the rarer loot for your character. I mean how pissed off would I be if I joined a server with 49 snipers in it with ghillie suits, nvg, the best rifles and rangefinders all setup along the coast?

But it's a matter of picking the lesser of two evils isn't it? If you can just materialize yourself all this equipment out of thin air anyways, what difference does it make if you get it through hacking, or through safe farming? At least if it's through safe farming, all you have to worry about is someone being fully equipped, not teleporting around behind you, or teleporting you into a closed building with 50 zombies, or seeing through the trees in the forest where you can't...

Valec though, you could be a little more... diplomatic... in your responses if you want people to take your concerns seriously. The more you attack someone, the less they listen to what you're actually saying. I'm sorry for my tone from my last message to you. I was annoyed at having just died under misterious circumstances (maybe hackers? not sure, what causes you to just die spontaneously without taking any damage?), and it was late and I was trying to compose a response quickly so I could get to bed.

If given the option, I'm sure there are a lot of admins who would rather keep a server running fairly and avoiding letting safe-farming happen on their server, rather than abusing their power and getting themselves ahead. I don't disagree that safe-farming will happen. But when those servers are discovered, and as you pointed out, they can be fairly obvious, they could be reported to DayZ and those servers could then be banned (or warned then banned, depending on how lenient DayZ wants to be).

You, sir, are a commendable member of this community and we should all strive to be a bit more sensible and level-headed in our debates as well.

Edited by Valec
  • Like 1

After running a server for almost one month I couldn't agree with you more.

We have had absolutely rampant hacking on our server for the past few days. It is just about to the point of us not wanting to deal with the hassle of running (and of course paying for) a server. If Rocket wants us (the community) to host the servers so he is able to continue this experiment, he needs to allows us to police it properly.

I would much rather have a few bad cops on the force, than no cops at all.

What would you rather have? More admin abuse and less hackers? Or more hackers and less admin abuse? I think it's pretty clear where I stand and I know I am not the only one.

Heh... Alt+F4ers... yea, the prime source of people getting stuck with the hourglass loading screen. So yea, let ppl alt F4. Sooner or later they will be stuck. ;)

All this says is that you have more money than sense and probably don't work for any of it. son!

As you have already shown quite a propensity for young man, your assumptions are baseless and false....

After running a server for almost one month I couldn't agree with you more.

We have had absolutely rampant hacking on our server for the past few days. It is just about to the point of us not wanting to deal with the hassle of running (and of course paying for) a server. If Rocket wants us (the community) to host the servers so he is able to continue this experiment, he needs to allows us to police it properly.

I would much rather have a few bad cops on the force, than no cops at all.

What would you rather have? More admin abuse and less hackers? Or more hackers and less admin abuse? I think it's pretty clear where I stand and I know I am not the only one.

Honestly, if you can't stomach it, then don't pay for a server. I want to stress again, you are running a server for an alpha test. Collecting data is FAR more important than the personal enjoyment of players(including yourself). Locking a server is not going to help in this endeavor.

The truth is, everybody needs to just grin and bear it for now. Everybody knows it's a problem. There's LOTS of problems. Wait for Rocket to fix them. It's not on us, the community, to work around it. At the end of the day, this is intended to be a working product, and people locking servers, running private hives and such, is not helping on that end.

As you have already shown quite a propensity for young man, your assumptions are baseless and false....

Remind you of anybody? (Hint: Mirror)

Edited by Valec

Remind you of anybody? (Hint: Mirror)

No, but thanks for asking....

Actually, I play on one server, but nice try. As far as the hacking goes, for one, it's alpha. No, that doesn't mean that hacking is okay. It means it's a problem to be addressed by the developers. Not you. Not by changing rules that are in place to prevent admins and their friends from having safe servers to loot. If you can't wait for a fix from the devs, why are you even playing? Again, I repeat, this is alpha. You're here to test. It's a nice side effect that you get to have fun too. Nothing more.

So it's okay for you to accuse all admins of safe farming, but if we accuse you of something you say 'nice try'? So you can make assumptions and generalize, but we can't?

Firstly, if you know a way for me to play on an Intel GMA4500 M chipset, please, by all means, do tell, because I sure as hell can't get the game running on this netbook. I'm not playing. I'm trying to look out for my community of players.

Secondly, hacks have nothing to do with the DayZ devs. It's Bohemia and BattlEye's responsibility.

Thirdly, hackers are going to be here until somebody does something to take away the open playground DayZ currently is. People hack DayZ because it's piss easy. Last week Bohemia banned a bunch of hacks and hackers. This week they're back with the exact same hacks, having just modified their hacks ever so slightly. It's going to continue happening, because BattlEye is a piece of shit that doesn't work properly. The problem isn't going to go 'poof!' and vanish one day.

Edited by Zoop
  • Like 4

No, but thanks for asking....

You need to put him on ignore, he is obviously nothing but a troll.

I'm quite disappointed with the rules, I have a group of people who would love to play by ourselves in a small player slot server since we all end up finishing work at an extremely late hour, but considering in Australia it is well over $100 a month for a 30-40+ slot server I simply cannot afford that by myself on my current salary and none of the people who play with me can afford to either. Alas, now it seems we cannot play with each other privately anymore just for fun :/ such a let down, hopefully something will be done about it soon.

I gave up on the rules long ago and have been banning hackers left and right manually. If they're going to blacklist me for protecting my server, I'll go private.

I don't lock my server or password protect it so hopefully that counts for something.

Edited by Lith
  • Like 1

So it's okay for you to accuse all admins of safe farming, but if we accuse you of something you say 'nice try'? So you can make assumptions and generalize, but we can't?

Firstly, if you know a way for me to play on an Intel GMA4500 M chipset, please, by all means, do tell, because I sure as hell can't get the game running on this netbook. I'm not playing. I'm trying to look out for my community of players.

Secondly, hacks have nothing to do with the DayZ devs. It's Bohemia and BattlEye's responsibility.

Thirdly, hackers are going to be here until somebody does something to take away the open playground DayZ currently is. People hack DayZ because it's piss easy. Last week Bohemia banned a bunch of hacks and hackers. This week they're back with the exact same hacks, having just modified their hacks ever so slightly. It's going to continue happening, because BattlEye is a piece of shit that doesn't work properly. The problem isn't going to go 'poof!' and vanish one day.

Actually, you implied that it was me that doesn't want locks for presumably nefarious reasons. You started with the implication. Don't even try to turn it around. I pointed if that if you're allowed to lock your server, many people will in fact safe farm on their nice quiet locked servers.

Second, I said nothing about the DayZ devs. Why are you quoting me when you're basically making shit up?

I'm quite disappointed with the rules, I have a group of people who would love to play by ourselves in a small player slot server since we all end up finishing work at an extremely late hour, but considering in Australia it is well over $100 a month for a 30-40+ slot server I simply cannot afford that by myself on my current salary and none of the people who play with me can afford to either. Alas, now it seems we cannot play with each other privately anymore just for fun :/ such a let down, hopefully something will be done about it soon.

You could always run a private server that isn't connected to the hive. I have no idea if this is allowed or not but at the same time, I see no way to police it. If it's not connected to the hive, you can't bring your toys to other servers. This is fine with me.

I gave up on the rules long ago and have been banning hackers left and right manually. If they're going to blacklist me for protecting my server, I'll go private.

I don't lock my server or password protect it so hopefully that counts for something.

As far as I know, you are allowed to ban hackers. This is the only reason you're allowed to ban people. Could be wrong, I don't run a server, but I believe this is true.

Wow, That was a long eight pages. A lot of good stuff to be said.

White-listing is that way to go. There is a big reason why people White-list in Minecraft servers. It just adds another layer of protection, it help filters the good from the bad. Yes, this could lead to server who lock for "safe farming", but until you fix duping, this is a non issue as duping is 100% easier and get better results. I rather fight someone who got their gear by loot filtering all day, then someone who took 10 seconds to get a duped backpack full of supplies.

Now, I also feel that letting admins have full banning powers on their server is the right way to go. Yes, like everyone said you will get people who abuse the powers given to them, but a server with bad admins will be a empty server quickly. Server runs off money, and people who play loyally to a server tend to donate money to help costs.

Another thing white-listing adds is a sense of community. People who play on a server tend stay. This leads to people gets to know each other. Alliances will be formed, and broken. Trade posts open and raided. The whole EVE effect. Rocket said he wanted the community to build itself up, this can only happen when people stay on one server.

Just please let the serves rule themselves. Yes you might get a few bad servers, but really it would improve the game as a whole.

Thanks for reading!

Wow, That was a long eight pages. A lot of good stuff to be said.

White-listing is that way to go. There is a big reason why people White-list in Minecraft servers. It just adds another layer of protection, it help filters the good from the bad. Yes, this could lead to server who lock for "safe farming", but until you fix duping, this is a non issue as duping is 100% easier and get better results. I rather fight someone who got their gear by loot filtering all day, then someone who took 10 seconds to get a duped backpack full of supplies.

Now, I also feel that letting admins have full banning powers on their server is the right way to go. Yes, like everyone said you will get people who abuse the powers given to them, but a server with bad admins will be a empty server quickly. Server runs off money, and people who play loyally to a server tend to donate money to help costs.

Another thing white-listing adds is a sense of community. People who play on a server tend stay. This leads to people gets to know each other. Alliances will be formed, and broken. Trade posts open and raided. The whole EVE effect. Rocket said he wanted the community to build itself up, this can only happen when people stay on one server.

Just please let the serves rule themselves. Yes you might get a few bad servers, but really it would improve the game as a whole.

Thanks for reading!

Again, the problem I have with admins having full kick/ban/lock powers is that it can be abused. Here's the thing to keep in mind.. they wouldn't have to do it every day for it to be abused. Maybe they only play/die once or twice a month.. that's once or twice a month people are kicked/banned to protect their corpses. Now, if it happens that 'infrequently' it's not likely to be much of a blip on anybody's radar and they'll get away with it scott free.

As far as duping goes - yes, it's a major issue. AS50s, L85s, and NVGs everywhere. I honestly think this is one of the main problems the game is suffering from right now.

As far as the hacks go though, the ArmA2 devs need to get off their asses and sort it out. Or Rocket needs to get away from the ArmA2 engine as quickly as possible. Something's got to give.

I want to state about admin abuse - It doesn't have to be widespread to ruin somebody's day. I firmly believe that if you leave room for abuse, it will happen. This isn't a typical shooter where it's not as big of a deal, either. If somebody has been playing on a server for a month, happens to kill the admin or his friends(who figure out who did it) and gets banned? Imagine if he had a camp all set up, vehicles stashed, etc. He'll have lost all of that. The solution is, in my opinion, cheat detection and global bans. I feel that since we are in alpha right now, we should just suck it up, cry our tears when a hacker screws us over, and move on.

Again, the problem I have with admins having full kick/ban/lock powers is that it can be abused. Here's the thing to keep in mind.. they wouldn't have to do it every day for it to be abused. Maybe they only play/die once or twice a month.. that's once or twice a month people are kicked/banned to protect their corpses. Now, if it happens that 'infrequently' it's not likely to be much of a blip on anybody's radar and they'll get away with it scott free.

As far as duping goes - yes, it's a major issue. AS50s, L85s, and NVGs everywhere. I honestly think this is one of the main problems the game is suffering from right now.

As far as the hacks go though, the ArmA2 devs need to get off their asses and sort it out. Or Rocket needs to get away from the ArmA2 engine as quickly as possible. Something's got to give.

I want to state about admin abuse - It doesn't have to be widespread to ruin somebody's day. I firmly believe that if you leave room for abuse, it will happen. This isn't a typical shooter where it's not as big of a deal, either. If somebody has been playing on a server for a month, happens to kill the admin or his friends(who figure out who did it) and gets banned? Imagine if he had a camp all set up, vehicles stashed, etc. He'll have lost all of that. The solution is, in my opinion, cheat detection and global bans. I feel that since we are in alpha right now, we should just suck it up, cry our tears when a hacker screws us over, and move on.

I agree with you that admins will abuse their power. But they do it now. So whats the difference? Like I said, if you get banned from a server for killing a admin, just ignore that server and/or make a post explaining what happened.

People will abuse power, yes, but he other 95% of the people will make the game a more enjoyable experience.

Valek, I hope you read this so I can get a response, you seem to be very knowledgeable on this subject. I would love to host a private Day Z server to play in my own little world with my mates and then just play on my normal character on-line, is there any easy way to achieve running a private server? I have not seemed to be able to figure it out just yet. :/

Edit: So happy to know that I may be able to still host a private Day Z LAN match :D

Edited by RotorGod