Zoop

Attention: Rocket. Please review the DayZ server host rules.

They say they want proof. How do you run fraps in a game with terrible FPS already. How do you get proof through logs with the hacks that bypass logs and BE. How do you find their name when name tags are turned off(turned off cause its unfair to hover cross hairs over an area to find a person just like aim bots). i can deal with the bugs with me losing my heli everyday cause it wont save or my tents not saving or cars not saving. i can deal with dying its easy for me to get re-equipped. The bugs are not the problem its the hacks and the so called need for proof when its battle in it self to get the proof while trying to actually test the game. I have even heard from server admins about them buying hacks just so they have more power over their own damn server. I don't think it rights but what other option do they have. "Oh a hacker keeps screwing my server he isnt in logs and we dont know who is we are losing players from our server cause of the hacker i cant kick or ban or shut down the server for 5 mins cause i will get black listed."

BTW I'm not an admin but i play on the same server and we have not had hacker problems a few weeks ago where now we get 4 a day

• Like 2

Fair enough.

Allow us to set up 'whitelists' for our servers. Allow us to set up passwords and hand them to players who apply to play on our servers. If we can have even a bit of control over who plays on our servers, catching hackers will be easy as piss, if they even bother to come to the servers at all.

Secondly, allow us to ban players we think are hacking/exploiting. If they really were banned unfairly, they could always still go and post up a ban appeal on the Ban Appeals forum.

Yes, it's going to be abused, but no more than it already is. I understand I'm basically asking you to give a free pass to abusive admins, but here's the thing - those guys are being abusive assholes anyway. However, many of us are not, and it's ultimately going to be our servers that thrive in the end, because people are going to realise that certain servers have asshole admins and they simply won't play on them. I used to play twitch shooters like BF3 before getting into ArmA 2, and back then, the community simply did not play on servers where admins were being douchebags.

Let the community police itself.

At the very least, give the matter some thought and consideration, and maybe instate a trial period of, say, a week. See how it goes. If it doesn't work out, fine, then I'll shut up and stop moaning. I'm just really tired of having players on my server screwed over by asshole hackers all the time. Something needs to change.

Also, have you guys considered an age-restriction when applying for a server? Ask people for proof of identity before you whitelist them on the Hive. I was thinking something like 25 (I'm 21 myself, but I'd be willing to concede administration to someone older for something like this) , although some might consider it a bit high. The thing is, you've got children administrating servers that they paid for with mommy's credit card, and you can bet the majority of admin abuse probably comes from the younger admins out there.

What this guy said 100%

Yup! And no one is forcing you to do it either huh. No one forced you to sign up. You signed up, knowing what was expected.

until i found this thread today, i had no idea what the rules were.

i did get the bait and switch from a "trusted" server provider that the dev team approved.....

have not signed crap with you to this day

still followed the rumors that were passing around about what were rules

too bad the forum/dev team is so shorthanded

curgen obviously needs to get laid or drunk or both.

Ok so after shifting all these replies. I can assume the MAIN rule you all would love added is the permission to kick/ban suspected hackers you see doing "non normal" events. Is that correct? Now should the issue come up, would you all have the means to show "proof" of suspected hacking should the question come up?

obviously you already know there is no way to provide solid proof. the game/anticheat combo is a joke

instead of asking a rhetorical question, why not provide a little helpful advice?

maybe because there is none to give?

There should be no reason for solid proof to ban a hacker or exploiter...they are our servers, and its a local ban. If we miss ban they can go elsewhere. Currently if i get a hacker i just shut the server down for an hour. No point in having it up if people are going to duck it up for the rest of us.

I am done with logs anyways. I am just going to send the deva log in credentials to check my logs daily, and demand they find the hackers and exploiters. Let them deal with the 1gb file...

And what is that forum mods problem. He clearly hates server admins, look at his first post...

So here is a little anecdote from our server:

We were playing in our group as suddenly the whole server dies, earlier that day we met a guy and tried to shoot him with 4 of us at point blank range, nope god mode and he started teleporting around killing people. So as everyone dies instantly we restart the server immediately ( OH NOE ADMIN ABUSE ). As the server starts again the lobby goes crazy about how awesome our admin is for restarting so fast to rollback all the deaths.

tldr the rules suck, every normal player would love banned/kicked hackers.

So here is a little anecdote from our server:

We were playing in our group as suddenly the whole server dies, earlier that day we met a guy and tried to shoot him with 4 of us at point blank range, nope god mode and he started teleporting around killing people. So as everyone dies instantly we restart the server immediately ( OH NOE ADMIN ABUSE ). As the server starts again the lobby goes crazy about how awesome our admin is for restarting so fast to rollback all the deaths.

tldr the rules suck, every normal player would love banned/kicked hackers.

I just don't see the point in having a ban appeals forum, if bans are not allowed.

If the only bans allowed are Global bans (Which you aren't allowed to even post in the Ban Appeal thread), what's the point of even having it?

Bans here should be the same as any else - You get banned, wrongfully or in the right-

If you want to get unbanned, dispute it in the unban appeal thread! Don't be too stupid to realize what you already have infront of your face to deal with the problem!

As for "the rules" - You have to understand these were created before the mod even had 50 servers -

No passwording for example - Understandable when you think you'll only have about 20-50 servers for the entire world..But this isn't the case now is it?

Edited: Taking out useless extra words.

Edited by AllDayZSimon

I think it would just be terrible to be allowed to ban people! I mean come on, there's only like what, 1000+ Registered servers at this point, banning them from one will ruin their experience.

Iv been banned from 3 server just for killing people. The admins in this game get away with alot they just keep comming back on to cry that they lost there farmed items and get away with it.

Iv been banned from 3 server just for killing people. The admins in this game get away with alot they just keep comming back on to cry that they lost there farmed items and get away with it.

The Players in this game get away with alot- Think of it this way.

Any focus from players -> admins, would NEVER. And I mean fucking NEVER fly if it was against the Dev team. Even if they did the same. Exact. Shit.

And as for farming items, I'll explain something now that everyone seems to be fucking oblivious to.

If I were to rent out a server litterally just to farm for items lets say.

It would take longer to farm those items to be "Prepared to fight", than it does to spawn "Oh there's a guy up there", alt-f4, join server B behind player and shoot him in the face.

Guess what? Appearantly that's legit, and I don't need to farm items. I just wait for other people to do it for me and it's legit!

In other words? "Boo hoo they'll spend hours looting gear on their own server that I'm going to kill them for anyways!"

Edited by AllDayZSimon
  • Like 1

Who really cares it took them 5 hours to farm loot, when people can dupe it in seconds.

Also, Rocket said he might loosen the grip on server rules. He made the hive to show that DayZ can be a MMO format. He even said private server are a good way to fight hackers, do Machinima, and help with streamers.

Ok I read what you say but

1: How do you prevent "leetism" now with "whitelisting" users on your server. Now for a game that connects to central hive, you are locking, kicking, banning people you dont approve of.

2: Kicking possible hackers, well thats a trick isnt it. Id say you could kick them, but how do you prove they are hacking?

3: How do you control server admins on a global scale thats EVEN for everyone? This IS alpha again. Which means everyone should be testing the same, allowing for fixes etc. Example. If EVERYONE did the lockdown. Hackers/exploiters wont get in. Ok sounds great.. um.. one issue, how does battleeye detect those people? How do new exploits get recorded, patched against? During alpha its BETTER to lock those down before beta builds and final builds.

I have yet to see any patches against the most common hacks in the game so far. People still hack weapons, port entire servers to debug forrest and nuke them, spawn everyone in Thunderdome etc. Some of these hacks have been around for a good while and they aren't getting fixed. As an admin that's my issue with the terrible tools given to admins to curb this behavior. You want it to be allowed on the servers so it can be tested and fixed, though it doesn't seem like they are getting fixed at all. Just my limited perception of your rationale here.

• Like 1

Deep in the musty dayz forums, i find myself lost in an endless thread of rage and disgust. Hackers it is, hackers who cause these heartaches and discomfort within my... AHHHH FUCK thunderdome *punches monitor*

Yea it sucks.. but seriously.. when was the last time you saw a hacker spawn 1000 Vans in the sky, turning every player into a chicken who shots rounds out its mouth, then teleporting every single chicken into a barbed wired area just to fight to the death... its classic, yet aggravating at the same time. Better yet, seeing every single tent on the server in one spot along with everysingle vehicle, hell they were even kind enough to add a BATTLE SHIP!

this is becoming a serious problem and something needs to be done.

• Like 1

Hackers should be guilty until proven innocent, I.e Allow us to Ban suspected hackers, and If THEY can provide proof, unban them.

Will inocent players be banned from servers for killing admins etc? Yes, but only on those servers that already have Admins breaking the rules. If I got banned from a server for killing an Admin, at least I'd never have to worry about joining that crappy server again...

Find a server that you can trust. Make your home there.

As for people who say that 'No ones forcing to host, you dont have to host, your only here to help test, Blah blah blah':

No, no ones forcing us to host a server. We WANT to host a server. We WANT to help this Mod flourish. And that's why we are suggesting/supporting these changes.

Becuase we believe that these changes will help the Mod grow into something better.

I still find it inconceivable that the only argument against kicking/banning/locking is admin abuse.

You'd think this is the first game people have ever requested RCON commands for... :rolleyes:

This isn't the only argument. I find it inconceivable you couldn't be bothered to read the thread and still felt the need to post.

Hackers should be guilty until proven innocent, I.e Allow us to Ban suspected hackers, and If THEY can provide proof, unban them.

Will inocent players be banned from servers for killing admins etc? Yes, but only on those servers that already have Admins breaking the rules. If I got banned from a server for killing an Admin, at least I'd never have to worry about joining that crappy server again...

Find a server that you can trust. Make your home there.

As for people who say that 'No ones forcing to host, you dont have to host, your only here to help test, Blah blah blah':

No, no ones forcing us to host a server. We WANT to host a server. We WANT to help this Mod flourish. And that's why we are suggesting/supporting these changes.

Becuase we believe that these changes will help the Mod grow into something better.

This will never be the solution. The security issues need to be addressed, we don't need rambo admins banning 'suspected hackers' for killing them, locking servers so they can safe loot, etc.

Edited by Valec

This isn't the only argument. I find it inconceivable you couldn't be bothered to read the thread and still felt the need to post.

This will never be the solution. The security issues need to be addressed, we don't need rambo admins banning 'suspected hackers' for killing them, locking servers so they can safe loot, etc.

Really? Because all you've said is exactly the same thing in this post. So either come up with something new, provide a winning argument for your case?

Or in reality tell me you're a server admin paying for a server and still do not want the power to deal with these problems?

Without any of that you're just a contrary idiot.

Edited by Gogster

Really? Because all you've said is exactly the same thing in this post. So either come up with something new, provide a winning argument for your case?

Or in reality tell me you're a server admin paying for a server and still do not want the power to deal with these problems?

Without any of that you're just a contrary idiot.

Nothing contrary. You're clearly babbling.

What you do on 'your' server effects people on every other server you go to.

So no, you don't get the right to ban. Don't like it, go play something else.

I've been dealing with hackers all day long. It's frustrating as hell. The group I play with has their own server. We had to grin and bear it while two assholes constantly teleported to us. Yes, we'd have loved to have banned them. We lost multiple vehicles and all the gear on us.

Just accept the fact that it's alpha and you have to deal with this shit. Stop begging for rights to do things that are specifically not allowed. I don't need an argument for why it's not allowed. It's already not allowed.

Nothing contrary. You're clearly babbling.

What you do on 'your' server effects people on every other server you go to.

So no, you don't get the right to ban. Don't like it, go play something else.

I've been dealing with hackers all day long. It's frustrating as hell. The group I play with has their own server. We had to grin and bear it while two assholes constantly teleported to us. Yes, we'd have loved to have banned them. We lost multiple vehicles and all the gear on us.

Just accept the fact that it's alpha and you have to deal with this shit. Stop begging for rights to do things that are specifically not allowed. I don't need an argument for why it's not allowed. It's already not allowed.

Alpha has nothing to do with it and I couldn't give a flying fuck what you do or don't need. You have your opinion and I have mine. I want the facility to ban hackers off the server - to be quite frank the dev team wouldn't really have a clue if I was doing this already, but as someone who abides by the rules we come here and request it via (fairly) reasoned debate.

Stop begging for rights? Are you really this obtuse? Server/client RCON has been around long before DayZ ever existed. Why is this game a special case?

Fucking tell me, because I'm getting cheesed off with your stupid cunting replies, instead of saying stop whining, it's alpha bla bla fucking bla. What is the special case why DayZ can't have an approved RCON process? Instead of chirruping "dems de rules" like some limp wristed twat robot.

• Like 1

Something needs to be done, because the amount of hackers that keep teleporting people around is just rather getting annoying, and one word has yet to be said from any of the dev team. Is it that unreasonable to ask for even a comment on the rampant hacking and talking about admin rights?

Today I played on a non hive server and had more fun than I've had in a while since I first started playing DayZ. The game was being played the way it should be. Sure some guys would altF4 but there was no ghosting and it was actually a challenge. Tents were working as well. My entire team was having a blast. I felt that adrenaline rush that I had been missing from this game for a while. Then the hackers came in. Started ruining our fun. We were collecting parts for vehicles and killing people trying to take it and we were teleported and thunderdomed.

I believe servers should be passworded and non-hived until there can be some sort of way to prevent altF4, ghosting, and hacking. There has to be a process to white list your IP outside of game.

Please bring back the game I love so much.

• Like 1

I only read about 2 pages, so if any of this has already been said, whatever...

WHILE IN ALPHA:

Keep things as-is but make it a priority to start enforcing server rules. Make being a DayZ host sought after... You should have a rough idea of how many players per country. Allocate enough servers in that region then place new applicants on a waiting list. One server host acts stupid: suspend the server, blacklist the ip or whatever punishment you see fit.

Essentially, you'd stop handing out LocationID's to anyone who's waving money around. No more automatically being whitelisted... GSP's would take a hit but they shouldn't be investing too much until the mod is COMPLETE.

THEN AFTER THE ALPHA:

Stop treating DayZ like its the world's only sandbox. Every playground, at every school, in every subdivision, in every city, in every country has it's own sandbox and it's own set of rules. Let the people putting in the time and money to run a server police it. Let the community expand on the idea of zombie survival. Let admin's customize what new players start out with, let them spawn vehicles, give guns, etc... After all, "This is DayZ. This is your story."

Alpha has nothing to do with it and I couldn't give a flying fuck what you do or don't need. You have your opinion and I have mine. I want the facility to ban hackers off the server - to be quite frank the dev team wouldn't really have a clue if I was doing this already, but as someone who abides by the rules we come here and request it via (fairly) reasoned debate.

Stop begging for rights? Are you really this obtuse? Server/client RCON has been around long before DayZ ever existed. Why is this game a special case?

Fucking tell me, because I'm getting cheesed off with your stupid cunting replies, instead of saying stop whining, it's alpha bla bla fucking bla. What is the special case why DayZ can't have an approved RCON process? Instead of chirruping "dems de rules" like some limp wristed twat robot.

Dems de rules, bitch. Learn 'em. Love 'em.

It's alpha. You can say whatever you want about that, but doesn't change the fact that it is. It also doesn't change the fact that the rules aren't likely to change anytime soon. So stop whining. DayZ doesn't have the setup other games have for good reasons that have already been listed. Admin abuse can be just as detrimental to a player's game play experience as hackers.

Stop asking for reasons over and over. They've been mentioned already. Also, rage/qq/etc more. Enjoy not having your passworded server. It's not gonna happen bro.

IMO you should just go ahead and do it. It's against the rules and you're right, i'm sure they'll never notice. It's not like people have been caught already. Do it!

Valec, either bring something new to the table, or gtfo. You're like a record-player stuck on repeat, and the argument you're continuously repeating isn't even a very valid one. I'm not going to write out the exact same counter-arguments I've given you twice or thrice before, all because you can't seem to come up with something new.

Reading the same shit over and over is only fun for so long. Stop whining because the change wouldn't allow you to server-flank and server-hop to farm loot.

Edited by Zoop
  • Like 1

Was just on NZ18 ON3 and left for a couple minutes and 2 minutes later everyone on the server including 2 of my friends were killed by a hacker.

IMO what Rocket should do in this instance is change the game so that if more than 10 or say 20 players are killed at once on a server the death isn't recorded.

Dems de rules, bitch. Learn 'em. Love 'em.

It's alpha. You can say whatever you want about that, but doesn't change the fact that it is. It also doesn't change the fact that the rules aren't likely to change anytime soon. So stop whining. DayZ doesn't have the setup other games have for good reasons that have already been listed. Admin abuse can be just as detrimental to a player's game play experience as hackers.

Stop asking for reasons over and over. They've been mentioned already. Also, rage/qq/etc more. Enjoy not having your passworded server. It's not gonna happen bro.

IMO you should just go ahead and do it. It's against the rules and you're right, i'm sure they'll never notice. It's not like people have been caught already. Do it!

Ive had my pass-worded server for a couple months now, wtf you gonna do about it? ROFL, cry more troll. See when people make money they get to do wtf they want with the server they pay for, people like you, who have no money, get to cry about it while we all laugh at you. HAHAHAHAHA When and if the hacking gets under control I might start giving two shits about what they want us to do with our servers, until SOMEONE has a way to combat the damn hacking I will protect my people how I see fit. I do love to read the little kids crying in the forum because mommy and daddy wont pay for a server for them....

First: It's their server.

Second: Since hackers are everywhere, everything is seen as hacking. The point of a simulator is, that over time you can achieve pretty awesome skills. You are hidden between bushes, can't see anything and get a headshot? Most players cry "hackers!!" But it can be a team of a spotter with a L85A2 AWS putting a laserpointer at your head and a sniper blowing your brain out from 800m away.

I started playing on sanctuary servers recently and it's much enjoyable and relaxed. The admins can run scripts and addons which kick and ban automatically everyone who tries anything that looks fishy. So they can afford being more laid-back and be sure that a lucky strike is just a lucky strike.

Edited by Treehead