Zoop

Attention: Rocket. Please review the DayZ server host rules.

LOL @ this tool. I run two servers, one I leave open for hackers and parisites like you to play on and the other one I password protected. I invited 2 clans to come and play on it so its always full and we have a ton of pvp. I like to run with a friend of mine so I didnt even join one of the clans, my average life is about a day, maybe less. So now we have the full benifit of a full server, pvp and everything else we want but we dont have HACKERS! I am loving the game again and little kids like you can suck it. If my server ever gets black listed it will take me less then 8 hrs to get another one up and running again and I will do the SAME thing with that one. Cry some more parisite, there are plenty of server adms you can leach off of and then cry when they do something you dont like. I myself will laugh in your face and continue to do what I need to do to protect my server for myself and the people who play on it. HAHAHA you cant do shit about it either!

The problem is you're looking after yourself rather than the wider community. Locking a server is a simplistic approach to the cheating problem, although why BE requires a server to be open to perform its checks seems strange.

Basically the question is how can admins prove a hacker is guilty.

Simple answer: they can not.

There is no way for any server admin to see if a hacking script was injected, if players teleport, if players kills everyone on server. If we would be able to detect this easily, than Battleye would as well and there wouldn't be a problem in the first place.

The reason why server admins (count me in as well) ask for more room is because there are too many hackers which can not be contained and are ruining the servers for which we pay dearly. I can not 100% prove if a person is hacking, but I can prove he has odd weapons, he isn't streaming to the central Hive or anything else which doesn't add it. Basically to anything for a which a normal cheat report would be made, but as of right now nothing is being done even if you can report a cheater/hacker. Just give us the ability to do something about this ourselves instead.

Yes, there will be asshole admins who shouldn't be an admin in the first place, but like said, people can report those assholes and play somewhere else while the majority will actually ensure their server is nice to play on for the majority of players.

• Like 8

The problem is you're looking after yourself rather than the wider community. Locking a server is a simplistic approach to the cheating problem, although why BE requires a server to be open to perform its checks seems strange.

I make money to take care of myself and the people I chose to take care of. I don't make money to look out for the wider community. Rocket will put the money he makes from this mod in his bank account and wont for a second think about spreading his new wealth around to us, rightly so. To be honest I could give two shits about the wider community, I play this game for my amusement, screw the rest. I really need to cancel that second server, thanks for getting me thinking right! If Rocket wants to start paying for my sever he can tell me how to enforce my no hacking policy, until then I will do what I need to do and wont shed a single tear for the cry babies who dont like the way I do it.

Edited by wisbowmen
  • Like 3

I make money to take care of myself and the people I chose to take care of. I don't make money to look out for the wider community. Rocket will put the money he makes from this mod in his bank account and wont for a second think about spreading his new wealth around to us, rightly so. To be honest I could give to shits about the wider community, I play this game for my amusement, screw the rest. I really need to cancel that second server, thanks for getting me thinking right! If Rocket wants to start paying for my sever he can tell me how to enforce my no hacking policy, until then I will do what I need to do and wont shed a single tear for the cry babies who dont like the way I do it.

Nice attitude pal, probably best if you do leave the community.

• Like 1

LOL, need a tissue?

Ah the phony brave behind the keyboard.

If you have nothing constructive to add why are you still here?

Ah the phony brave behind the keyboard.

If you have nothing constructive to add why are you still here?

Good question, isnt it time for you to log off about now or do you stay here all night pretending you are someone important?

Knock it off, like any of the last 5 replies (6 including this reply) actually contribute. Yeah, let's turn a good discussion into a troll party.

Edited by Bravo-Two-Zero
  • Like 1

Good point @Bravo-Two-Zero must remember not to feed the troll :)

With regards to the original topic, I think the ability to keep servers safe and a good place to game far outweighs any potential admin abuse. Sure, keep the rule that requires your server to be unlocked, but without servers paid for by the community DayZ would not exist.

Just to point out, with my request to let us lock the servers, it is not because I condone attitudes like this:

I make money to take care of myself and the people I chose to take care of. I don't make money to look out for the wider community. Rocket will put the money he makes from this mod in his bank account and wont for a second think about spreading his new wealth around to us, rightly so. To be honest I could give to shits about the wider community, I play this game for my amusement, screw the rest. I really need to cancel that second server, thanks for getting me thinking right! If Rocket wants to start paying for my sever he can tell me how to enforce my no hacking policy, until then I will do what I need to do and wont shed a single tear for the cry babies who dont like the way I do it.

I want to be able to password the server for the protection of my community, not for myself. Chances are, I won't be playing the mod again until the December holidays.

I'll want to keep an open whitelist, and just request that people submit applications, then I'll freely give them the password to the server. It's all just about monitoring who plays on the server. If someone hacks, then I'll know it's either someone who I've whitelisted, or someone from the whitelist who gave out the password to hackers. It will make it a lot easier to monitor who is hacking, that's all. If I see people connecting to the server whose names are not on the whitelist, I'll know something's up.

It's not because we want to hoard vehicles (which is rather retarded, imo, because what's the point of hoarding if you're never going to use them all? Also, vehicles are deathtraps. I walk or I use a bicycle.) or farm weapons, it's because we're tired of having our regular players get the shit hacked right out of them because some script-kiddie is bored.

Edited by Zoop
  • Like 2

That's a lot of beans my good sir! :thumbsup: :beans:

I fully agree, I really wouldn't mind joining a whitelist for a server just by searching their name in Google. Hackers could still find a way in with a little time, but should be found out a little easier that way. I didn't have to much troubles with hackers, but it does happen more then often now. I wouldn't mind it so much if they didn't just slay everyone instantly...

Just to point out, with my request to let us lock the servers, it is not because I condone attitudes like this:

I want to be able to password the server for the protection of my community, not for myself. Chances are, I won't be playing the mod again until the December holidays.

I'll want to keep an open whitelist, and just request that people submit applications, then I'll freely give them the password to the server. It's all just about monitoring who plays on the server. If someone hacks, then I'll know it's either someone who I've whitelisted, or someone from the whitelist who gave out the password to hackers. It will make it a lot easier to monitor who is hacking, that's all. If I see people connecting to the server whose names are not on the whitelist, I'll know something's up.

It's not because we want to hoard vehicles (which is rather retarded, imo, because what's the point of hoarding if you're never going to use them all?) or farm weapons, it's because we're tired of having our regular players get the shit hacked right out of them because some script-kiddie is bored.

It sounds reasonable to the average server admin, it comes down to the question of who watches the watchmen - so to speak,

The problem is you're looking after yourself rather than the wider community.

We all have a hierarchy of needs. When I´m fine, my family is fine and my friends are fine, I can start taking care of all the other people. It´s one hand for the ship, one for yourself and every Idea / movement / group of people / social experiment that ignored that failed for a good reason.

Locking a server is a simplistic approach to the cheating problem,

Yes it is. And its the only working solution. All the server should to do it until BE gets its problems solved (Or at least solved so much that the amount of hacking signinficantly drops)

Edited by Treehead
  • Like 1

It sounds reasonable to the average server admin, it comes down to the question of who watches the watchmen - so to speak,

Indeed, which is why the devs will just have to have faith and trust in admins not to let the community devolve into thousands of locked servers with nobody able to play. That's why I think a trial period of a week or two might be a good thing. Let server admins set up whitelists, monitor how things go for a week or two, and then make a final decision from there.

• Like 1

Indeed, which is why the devs will just have to have faith and trust in admins not to let the community devolve into thousands of locked servers with nobody able to play. That's why I think a trial period of a week or two might be a good thing. Let server admins set up whitelists, monitor how things go for a week or two, and then make a final decision from there.

With a lack of any 3rd party streaming or anti-cheat measures I think this is a good idea.

I still don't understand what the devs are afraid of. Everyone of us is absolutely free to hoard insane amounts of different weapons and vehicles. Without all the players, the annoying zombies and the thirst/starvation stuff. It´s called "ArmA2 single player editor" and anyone has access to it. It´s the social stuff that we want.

Perhaps we should start building a web of trust with common whitelists or something like this.

Edited by Treehead

Favoriting a server is there for a reason. Even if you ARE unlucky enough to stumble upon a bad server it is not lke they will be killing you. You just mark that server down as one to avoid and move on.

EDIT - My text was realy small.

Edited by dayzsurvivors

Seriously? The mod and environment has changed drastically since launch, yet the ruleset is still the same?

We have hackers running amok on our server, and I can't do ANYTHING to stop them? The easiest solution would be for me to password the server and set up a whitelist that is open to anyone, yet I can't because I'm not allowed to password the server. Instead, I have to see all the money paid for the server go down the drain while hackers render the game unplayable on our server?

Seriously?

Revise your server rules, because things can't keep going on like they are now. It's simply not working.

Totally agree.

In the last few days I thought about it as i saw the "Server Reporting" forum and the topics in it.

They make me as server admin really angry to see that a server admin is only the asshole which can pay money for the server but get nothing from the community.

We get no

- Thanks server admins to give us a server for free to playing

- Thanks server admins to update you servers to latest versions

We get only

- XXXX server locked or password protected

- XXXX admin abuse

- Restart server for XXXX

So all server admin come together and shut down there servers for only one day to show the community and the devs that the server admins have the power to make this good Mod/Game in one second to nothing. And also as a small rebellion against this stupid DayZ server host rules which are unnecessary since there are more than 2500 servers out.

Why they are stupid?

If i search a server it looks like the following and yes i don't play only on my own server i or better our little community plays on different servers =)

50% => Empty

30% => Half full or less

15% => Full

5% = locked or password protected

Edited by Shona
  • Like 1

If i search a server it looks like the following and yes i don't play only on my own server i or better our little community plays on different servers =)

50% => Empty

30% => Half full or less

10% => Full

5% = locked or password protected

what are the other 5% doing...?

It more like 30% locked or passworded and of those I bet 90% are running private hives

I run a private one too as well as a communty one. I only play on the prviate one now as we can set the rules, only play with invited people and we have a lot of fun.

I'm all for a white list, those paying60 quid a month for what, a start/stop button...

Ive banned a few peeps, not had one complaint. All pro-active bans too. I reckon the lack of complaints comes from them spoofing a GUID or IP. as Im sure the hackers come back as the names are similar, GhostGoat, MrGoatte, TheGoatBotherer etc....

Edited by Boomsling
  • Like 2

server rules should be changed, it is horrible with all this hackers in the last days

• Like 3

what are the other 5% doing...?

It more like 30% locked or passworded and of those I bet 90% are running private hives

damn i chanded the full servers to 10% because i had 15% and i add it to total of 105%^^ which is wrong :P

there are also never 30% passworted if there are 30% passworted then there update the server or have maintance......

Private hives have the mission "DayZ sanctuary" so i do not count them =)

I make money to take care of myself and the people I chose to take care of. I don't make money to look out for the wider community. Rocket will put the money he makes from this mod in his bank account and wont for a second think about spreading his new wealth around to us, rightly so. To be honest I could give two shits about the wider community, I play this game for my amusement, screw the rest. I really need to cancel that second server, thanks for getting me thinking right! If Rocket wants to start paying for my sever he can tell me how to enforce my no hacking policy, until then I will do what I need to do and wont shed a single tear for the cry babies who dont like the way I do it.

Nice attitude pal, probably best if you do leave the community.

wisbowman is completly right, but I bet he would accept you paying for the server too. I cant take this attitude of letting others paying for your fun anymore.

• Like 1