DayZ Dan

Trading high-tier loot for good intel on {CQF} operations

Meta-gaming is just sad.

By Meta-Gaming I assume you are talking about..

-extrasensory Perception and telepathic Communication (Teamspeak/Ventrilo/Skype/aso..)

-Ninja Lore/Omniscience (outgame maps/knowledge from previous incarnations of yourself and friends)

-Space/Time Travel (logging in/out onto/from different servers)

which you obviously never use yourself, right?

In that case I have to agree with you, Meta Gaming is sad indeed.

• Like 1

I aplaud your dedication to CQF. I must say you have made quite an impact on most of our newer members. The second your name is seen on the player list there is immediate paranoia running through all of our recruits minds. But know this, you are one man, we are 500 men, we will beat you in every way possibly. You claim to kill CQF players, and yes you do, the unexperienced ones. We have new recruits joining everyday. I am not one bit flustered by your 200 murders, all it shows is that you have the time and dedication to kill people that will be geared again in matters of hours. I am not the least scared of you Dan, and I do look forward to us meeting, with or without the use of meta gaming.

- {CQF} Toxiic

Edited by {CQF} Toxiic
  • Like 1

Normally I disapprove of anything that sends more patients my way, but I think I'll make an exception for this.

If I weren't a medic and well trusted, I'd love to help you out here :)

Hope to see a lot of injured CQF. I know almost nothing about them, but I'm glad someone is actually doing something like this... I've always hoped things like this would emerge in-game.

Only question I have about that is if your with TMW?

I aplaud your dedication to CQF. I must say you have made quite an impact on most of our newer members. The second your name is seen on the player list there is immediate paranoia running through all of our recruits minds. But know this, you are one man, we are 500 men, we will beat you in every way possibly. You claim to kill CQF players, and yes you do, the unexperienced ones. We have new recruits joining everyday. I am not one bit flustered by your 200 murders, all it shows is that you have the time and dedication to kill people that will be geared again in matters of hours. I am not the least scared of you Dan, and I do look forward to us meeting, with or without the use of meta gaming.

I don't think it's about beating anyone, but rather the thrill of the hunt. That's what makes it fun.

Hope to see a lot of injured CQF.

I always make sure my shots are fatal; there are rarely any survivors.

I don't think it's about beating anyone, but rather the thrill of the hunt. That's what makes it fun.

I am not in this to 'win' anything. Bubba understands that its the thrill of the hunt. its being 1 man against those "500" that makes it exciting. You can regear all you want, you can travel in packs, you can have multiple L85's and ghillies; I will still enjoy the hunt.

And for the record, I've only been killed twice (that's 2 times) by CQF members in the month+ I've been hunting you... PVT Durhiin (or similar name) with an LMG (saw or mk48) and PVT Drew (with an impressive m14 spam that puts a miniguns rof to shame).

Edited by DayZ Dan

{CQF} is a scourge. Luckily our security personnel have been on the ball and have defended our camp, not once, but twice against these interlopers. They refuse to acknowledge our repeated attempts at communication, and shoot on site, leaving us with no other choice but to defend what is rightfully ours.

Hit me up on the teamspeak with names of who is doing it, and im sure we can work it all out.

You realize there's barely any CQF people playing right? I'm on every day and when i go on their TS, i see MAYBE 5 people on the dayz section. A few in Lingor and thats it. A month ago, there would be 30+ people on the dayz channel. I think people are just getting bored of the game and moving on.

I'm kinda getting bored of the game too, and just waiting for guild wars 2 and other games to be released. Lingor map is helping somewhat, but it's not fixing the underlying issues.

Well someone shot someone form CQF who were camping on Elecktros sniper hill, and I came strolling over the hill to find 3 dead dudes, 2 were CQF I think and they had an M16A2 silenced with a red dot and an M24....!!!! Awesome find, just saying, if that was you Dan, cheers for the cool guns.

That was actually a stupid recruit, who couldn't listen ...or so the complaint on the forums read.

He shot one of our own members, then a second sniper killed another, and he killed that sniper...

They are currently operating on the Freeside Trading Co server: Seattle One Zero Four. Also present is the GOTHAM clan and a bunch of them are dying simultaneously, a couple got kicked by battleye. Logged out once I saw mass death for fear of scripting...

Scripts are for kids! :D

You realize there's barely any CQF people playing right? I'm on every day and when i go on their TS, i see MAYBE 5 people on the dayz section. A few in Lingor and thats it. A month ago, there would be 30+ people on the dayz channel. I think people are just getting bored of the game and moving on.

I'm kinda getting bored of the game too, and just waiting for guild wars 2 and other games to be released. Lingor map is helping somewhat, but it's not fixing the underlying issues.

same, I'll probably forget Dayz even exists once GW2 comes out.

Edited by DayZ Dan

I've expanded my hunt of CQF to include the new "coalition" of world-changers (more like server-reverters and hack-claimers: looking at you Freeside....)

You may find my post on it here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/74963-trading-high-tier-loot-for-intel-on-the-coalition/

And info on the coalition here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/73671-the-coalition-changing-the-culture-of-dayz/

Dan, your a bandit then?

Hmm...

You sound like a challenging hunt, one guy, well armed, and well versed in survival. Do you play on the weekends? We should both join the same server sometime and try to hunt another.

It sounds like a lot of fun.

You can have this info for free: They have a private hive server (64.31.51.154:2302) and their base is up on Devil's Castle. Our group was looting it when 2 of us were banned (when I enquired about that on their TS3 server, they banned me from that too). Later another 5 of our group raided the place en masse and stole their chopper. The same 5 guys went back a little later to loot it again to be met by 2 other choppers which they seemed to hack in, oh the irony.

Anyway, if anyone gets bored enough and wants to troll these morons, Devil's Castle is a good start.

• Like 1

You can have this info for free: They have a private hive server (64.31.51.154:2302) and their base is up on Devil's Castle. Our group was looting it when 2 of us were banned (when I enquired about that on their TS3 server, they banned me from that too). Later another 5 of our group raided the place en masse and stole their chopper. The same 5 guys went back a little later to loot it again to be met by 2 other choppers which they seemed to hack in, oh the irony.

Anyway, if anyone gets bored enough and wants to troll these morons, Devil's Castle is a good start.

As one of this party, I can confirm this. I was the gunner on our chopper when they banned the pilot mid raid, resulting in my firey death. Was banned the next day whilst roaming the wilderness north of Kamenka with nothing but spawn loot, as was everyone else on the server without a {CQF} tag.

Nothing can be done about enforcing rules on a private hive server - is now either offline or private (or so I've heard).

Here's a recap of our 'mission' (2nd and 3rd of 4 raids on their base over three days)

So Friday night our DayZ crew organised a raid on another clan’s stronghold. Others had done some recon, we knew they had tents, vehicles and a helicopter at a heavily fortified castle to the north.

Five of us met up at the nearest town, and headed up the mountain, splitting into two groups near the top. When we got near one of the two guys with me took a bullet to the knee, so we knew there were hostiles at the base. After some patching up and morphine, the two guys flanked to the left whilst I made a run for the wall. I got shot at, no major hits. They went up the outer wall and both got taken out. Meanwhile the other two got shots on a couple of the enemy clan and took them down. I used the diversion as an opportunity to flank around the wall, and made a quick run for their chopper.

Jumped in a took off while the other two stole a van full of loot. I then went around the map and picked up the new spawns who died, and those who weren’t around for the first wave of the assault.

We met up with the van, fueled up the heli, patched ourselves up, then all 8 of us jumped in the chopper for another run at the castle (screen shots start here:
)

As soon as we got close another heli takes to the air, guys on the gun takes some shots at them and they retreat. We take some fire from a gunner on the roof of the castle, then decide on another ground assault. The pilot and I (on gun) stay with the chopper while the other 6 head up the mountain. When they get close we fly in to spray them again. Just as our guys reach the others the admins kick the pilot of the chopper, we crash, I die. One of our guys drops a ‘nade in the confusion, manages to take out their guys.

End of the day we pwned them, they responded by banning us all from their server.

End of the day we pwned them, they responded by banning us all from their server.

I can also bring this to light, being part of raid #2 #3 and #4.

CQF came out and assured us that the admin who banned us for "hacking" was a rogue member who was now no longer a member of the clan and they wanted no part of his actions, three days later I check back on the server only to see 15+ CQF players hanging around devils castle again..... yeah I assume the admin only moved to "the coalition" and removed his CQF tags.

DayZ Dan you have my gun at your command, i'm sure my associates would lend a hand aswell.

• Like 1

THIS

i haven't seen wars like this since the server wars of old school Star Wars Galaxies (god bless)

i salute you and hell id play those 2 US servers just for the extra lulz

Damn. Why'd you have to go and open up old wounds by mentioning SWG? I had JUST stopped playing the swgemu when I switched to DayZ, but the Pre-NGE fire still burns.