rocket

HOTFIX 1.5.8.4 Rollng Update

when can we download the patch' date=' downloads page still offline..

when when??

[/quote']

http://cdn.armafiles.info/

Even tho this hotfix didn't solve it. Id advise to not enter the game yet.

I'm not sure if this issue is server side or what..but I'm not able to get into any .4 servers. I redid my .4 install to make sure it wasn't me. I've tried 15+ .4 servers and get "Joining game" and then 2-3mins later, Connection failed.

Hi all, noob here. Today was my very first time playing and on my very first game, I spawned as a bandit, in front of a corpse in the middle of nowhere (no trees, no houses, no animals) around 1700 blood and with 28 headshots and 2 murders... O_O

Am I going to be able to reset all that?

Because my sarcasm didn't go over too well - thanks for the quick and constant updates' date=' Rocket. I'm loving DayZ. Just wish the community knew how to click + drag.

EDIT: -10 Rep from that one post. This is kind of... I don't know. Odd.

[/quote']

If people don't get Rocket being sarcastic they certainly won't get you.

I'm am curious why rocket keeps dead characters in the database if they've been dead for more than a few days. I thought you'd run weekly cleanup jobs. But I guess you can't do stat tracking if that was the case.

I too wonder this. Surely he could just store the dead characters in numerical value on a seperate database for stat tracking and then delete the actual character values that are not needed. I'm speaking off the top of my head like, and he could have a completelly different process.

Also, blah blah I get the same thing - died, respawned as a bandit bleeding. I'm sure our grace will fix this in due time, calm down ladies.

Yeah f*king great my character got stuck on the floor inside of an house and with a bandit skin.

Got all of my gear tho.

EDIT: Reconnecting fixed it.. whew..

I'm not sure if this issue is server side or what..but I'm not able to get into any .4 servers. I redid my .4 install to make sure it wasn't me. I've tried 15+ .4 servers and get "Joining game" and then 2-3mins later' date=' Connection failed.

[/quote']

I am getting the same thing, I can't actually get into any servers.

when can we download the patch' date=' downloads page still offline..

when when??

[/quote']

http://cdn.armafiles.info/

Even tho this hotfix didn't solve it. Id advise to not enter the game yet.

No problem, Thank you much! :D

Because my sarcasm didn't go over too well - thanks for the quick and constant updates' date=' Rocket. I'm loving DayZ. Just wish the community knew how to click + drag.

EDIT: -10 Rep from that one post. This is kind of... I don't know. Odd.

[/quote']

If people don't get Rocket being sarcastic they certainly won't get you.

I'm am curious why rocket keeps dead characters in the database if they've been dead for more than a few days. I thought you'd run weekly cleanup jobs. But I guess you can't do stat tracking if that was the case.

I too wonder this. Surely he could just store the dead characters in numerical value on a seperate database for stat tracking and then delete the actual character values that are not needed. I'm speaking off the top of my head like, and he could have a completelly different process.

Also, blah blah I get the same thing - died, respawned as a bandit bleeding. I'm sure our grace will fix this in due time, calm down ladies.

Good to know, thanks :D

Does this fix the lost items/strange spawns?

I finished a 15 min straight run to get my gear from the airfield after a mis-communicated teamkill. Then I safely logged off so our server could restart.

U mad bro? Will have a ridiculously obvious answer if I lose my gear again.

PLEASE NOTE

Some of the 1.5.8.4 server owners have added the patch but not the server side application (HIVE) updates. These servers will not work properly. Some of the servers do not use our autoupdater and require manual update, and we don't have all remote desktop details.

If you are having trouble, try another server.

what about some of us stuck in the wilderness rocket can we be saved pls ? :D

PLEASE NOTE

Some of the 1.5.8.4 server owners have added the patch but not the server side application (HIVE) updates. These servers will not work properly. Some of the servers do not use our autoupdater and require manual update' date=' and we don't have all remote desktop details.

If you are having trouble, try another server.

[/quote']

So this HOTFIX is working, it was just servers and having older HIVE. Correct? If so, awesome!

Yes - about 50% of the servers are entirely automated. They will detect new versions of server/client addons and update themselves. The other 50% are managed either by DayZ staff or entirely independent.

Or you know' date=' you always have yourself to play with. /highfive

[/quote']

That was just a legen — wait for it... — dary quote from Barney :D

On-Topic: I hope that everything works again as soon as all server got the new HIVE. There should be statistics not only about mod version in server name. Also HIVE version...

Btw, is HIVE an abbreviation for something?

Or you know' date=' you always have yourself to play with. /highfive

[/quote']

That was just a legen — wait for it... — dary quote from Barney :D

On-Topic: I hope that everything works again as soon as all server got the new HIVE. There should be statistics not only about mod version in server name. Also HIVE version...

Btw, is HIVE an abbreviation for something?

Highly Intelligent Virtual Entity

Yes - about 50% of the servers are entirely automated. They will detect new versions of server/client addons and update themselves. The other 50% are managed either by DayZ staff or entirely independent.

Ive sent an email with my current problem with monitor

but here it is otherwise

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\python27\lib\site-packages\py2exe\boot_common.py", line 92, in

e>

ImportError: No module named linecache

ServerMonitor::Load - No module named os

press any key to exit

Just noticed a new bug in 1.5.8.4, submitted a report on it. It seems like the first action that you take on any server gets stuck with you.

Dear fucking lord, does no one read what the hotfix does before complaining it hasn't fixed something it hasn't said it would fix?

People, he's not said it would fix the spawn or chem light problems, so going "This hotfix hasn't fixed it" makes you look like you've not even bothered reading the first post.

On a more positive note - cheers for keeping the patches/builds/hotfixes coming, Rocket! It might take a while to track down stuff like the spawn bug, but this is an alpha, it's meant to be for ironing out stuff like that!