Sign in to follow this  
Stings2pee

You're gonna love this:

My friend and I infiltrated Rog Castle earlier this morning.

As we ran into the front arch way, my buddy gets shot up and killed.

I went prone and discovered that the shots were coming from the main tower.

I got into position and camped with my cross-hairs on the door to the main tower.

Waiting for him to run out and loot my friend's dead corpse.... and...

Sure enough, BAM!

I killed him.

Some time passes and I begin to approach the door way and spot a 2nd player on the staircase aiming down with an M4A1 CCO SD and wearing a Coyote pack.

I know if I were to run in, he'd easily kill me from his vantage point.

***begin Mexican stand-off***

15 minutes pass (him inside, me outside).

I check to make sure no one's sneaking up behind me.

I look back.

He's gone.

I assume he either moved up or down the staircase.

I continue to hold my position puppy-guarding the door way.

About another 5 minutes pass and I hear very quiet foot steps walking in the grass from behind me.

I turn around with just enough time to shoot him as he stops and starts unloading on me.

He dies.

I have 7000 blood.

Quickly bandaged and focused back on the doorway.

Finally I had enough of waiting.

I ran in.

To my surprise... the tower was empty?

WTF?

I go back down to see what this player has (the guy who shot me down to 7000 blood from behind).

NO WAY! :OOO

He has an M4A1 CCO SD and Coyote pack.

Coincidence?

Or did he server hop, move outside, log back into my server, spawn behind me, and try to shoot me in the back?

If so:

Definitelynot_9640c8a08ce2ed37fba9e249861dca82.jpg

Edited by Stings2pee
  • Like 9

I think you meant M4A1 CCO SD. There is no M16A2 CCO SD in DayZ unless it's hacked.

I think you meant M4A1 CCO SD. There is no M16A2 CCO SD in DayZ unless it's hacked.

Yea. That's probably it. Thanks for the correction. :P

um he did the most basic trick you can do for flanking

he disconnected (non combat disconnect so you cant call him al alt f4 baby, you never shot him)

he traveled to the area behind your position on another server

he logged back in on your server

he failed with the M4

then died

I realize it wasn't a pvp disconnect, but this 'trick' is still pretty childish. I wouldn't call it a "flank" either... Perhaps "teleportation" maybe? >.<

• Like 1

Sometimes it surprises me what lengths people will go to just to win in a game, and in this guys case it's extra pathetic lol. Good job, patience is the key.

Sometimes it surprises me what lengths people will go to just to win in a game

I know right? Thanks for reading. <3

Sometimes it surprises me what lengths people will go to just to win in a game, and in this guys case it's extra pathetic lol. Good job, patience is the key.

Ill bet 10 cans of beans he's one of the forum posters here who call's people carebears. such is usually the irony of online pvp players.

• Like 2

The technical term is "ghosting." And it happens all the time. It's a bitch move, but you're a fool if you don't go into a firefight assuming the other person might try it.

you're a fool if you don't go into a firefight assuming the other person might try it.

It's awfully risky though unless you don't have anything worth keeping. I mean, you're essentially logging into enemy territory completely blind praying you don't get shot while you're waiting for "Setup complete, please wait".

This (:

he disconnected (non combat disconnect so you cant call him al alt f4 baby, you never shot him)

he traveled to the area behind your position on another server

he logged back in on your server

he failed with the M4

then died

It was battle dcing, regardless of bullets having been fired. In fact, this is battle dcing at its most flagrantly abusive.

Good on ya for filling him with lead. The puss had it coming.

• Like 2

That one of the many reasons why I play on a non-hive server. No server hopping, no cheating/hacking, and a very small douche bag population.

Edited by Dirtdiver
  • Like 1

Server hop :P

While reading I was actually thinking you were gonna say you did this :D

1. He disconnected in combat like a pansy bitch.

2. He (attempted) Ghosted up behind you like a cowardly bitch

3. He Died like a bitch.

Kudos and Beans for you!

My friend was just killed in the Barracks at the NW airfield. When I heard the shots I ran over to find his killer still inside. I used my M4A1 CCO SD and put 2 rounds through the glass into his head killing him instantly.

He Alt+F4'd so I wasn't able to loot his corpse but I do now I have 1 murder so.... I win! I also picked up my fallen friends' gear to return to him later.

Combat Loggers are the biggest pansy cowards in the game and 99.9% of them are Bandits/Wanna-Be Bandits, coincidence? I think not!

Edited by Psychobob

didnt read thread

if someone is shooting at you with those shit silenced assault rifles just run at them with a hatchet

ull make it to them and kill them before their 10 damage bullets break your skin

There are thousands of universes in this game, I like to pretend i'm the Quantum Leap guy :)

Ziggy says there is a 68% chance..

Me and my friend were running through Tulga singing the Scooby Doo theme song throug direct VOIP in the middle of the night. WE WILL NEVER MAKE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN. RIPieces Nate....

Unrelated to OPs post, but seeing the guy above me made me remember it.

He tried to ghost you because he lost his man card the night before. That is why he thought it would be cool to use a vag tactic

Edited by Alyas B