Darkkis (DayZ)

Respawn disabled? WHY???

Great... It was hard enough to find your friends before, but now it's even harder. Before you could just respawn so long that you'd spawn near your friend, now it's disabled. Why??? Walking distances are long as fuck and it doesn't really help.

• Like 2

Just jump of a building, break your leg and then respawn

Tito, get me a tissue.

It was removed for exactly why you want to use it.

So people would stop spamming respawn for better location. Now you have to figure out your suicide.

• Like 1

Great... It was hard enough to find your friends before, but now it's even harder. Before you could just respawn so long that you'd spawn near your friend, now it's disabled. Why??? Walking distances are long as fuck and it doesn't really help.

people like you are why.

you realize every time you spammed respawn because your lazy ass was to lazy to press w for 5 minutes to walk to town. and yes i do mean 5 minutes you can walk from one side of the coast to the other within spawn area's in 15 minutes.

anyway every time you did that you caused all the rest of us grief by taxing the server, especially when you and your little friends are all doing it to try and get the perfect spawn.

Because it encourages people who already have gear and stuff, to be more careful and not die as often, and also prevents missclicking the respawn when fully decked out walking around in the north west corner of the map. :P also, if your lazy at walking, in a game - dont play dayz.

Survival mod.

Not suicide mod.

• Like 5

Ok so the mod discourages you to play with your friends. If respawn is disabled there should be some kind of "party" system to spawn at the same place with your teammates. You expect me to walk to the different side of the coast to my friend just to get raped by the first person I meet when I have no food, weapons or any gear, and then start the walking again? Seriously I haven't met a single person yet, who hasn't killed me on sight, regardless if I have a weapon or not.

Edited by Darkkis

So you made a forum account just to ask this question again? Would it not have been ten times faster to look for the answer?

A little tip: Open Rocket's profile and press the 'find content' button, that will show you everything the guy has said including why the respawn button was removed.

Every respawn the server stops what it's doing and dedicates at least 2 seconds of processing time.

Don't be a selfish asshole and hog the server iterations because you want to spawn on top of your butt buddies.

Ok so the mod discourages you to play with your friends. If respawn is disabled there should be some kind of "party" system to spawn at the same place with your teammates.

No, it does not discourage you. It encourages you to learn to orienteer. To learn how the map works. To find efficient ways to meet up.

The game starts when you connect, not when you warp in as Badazz Delta Squad.

• Like 5

rofl the answer is in your question....

Ok so the mod discourages you to play with your friends. If respawn is disabled there should be some kind of "party" system to spawn at the same place with your teammates. You expect me to walk to the different side of the coast just to get raped by the first person I meet when I have no food, weapons or any gear?

no you lazy fuck, it doesn't it actually encourages you to play the fucking game rather then respawn over and over hoping you find your friend.

In real life when the zombie Apocalypse happens and your not with your friends and in a place you wanna be let me tell you now. suicide will NOT teliport you to them.

now stop being to fucking lazy to walk for 5 minutes to meet up and go meet up with him/her.

it was removed because it was placing a lot of load on the server.

no you lazy fuck, it doesn't it actually encourages you to play the fucking game rather then respawn over and over hoping you find your friend.

In real life when the zombie Apocalypse happens and your not with your friends and in a place you wanna be let me tell you now. suicide will NOT teliport you to them.

now stop being to fucking lazy to walk for 5 minutes to meet up and go meet up with him/her.

Ok so mod has to simulate real life 100%? Wow... Seriously this forum is full of fanboy who can't take constructive critic to their beloved and perfect mod. It takes more than 5 fucking minutes to walk from Kamenka to Solnichiy, and usually that effort is gone to waste when first player you meet kills you.

Imo some "simulation" things like this are better to sacrifice for the gameplay...

Edited by Darkkis

a mod that is specifically meant to be as realistic as possible does yeah.

Ok so mod has to simulate real life 100%? Wow... Seriously this forum is full of fanboy who can't take constructive critic to their beloved and perfect mod. It takes more than 5 fucking minutes to walk from Kamenka to Solnichiy, and usually that effort is gone to waste when first player you meet kills you.

Imo some "simulation" things like this are better to sacrifice for the gameplay...

This is not a game.

Respawn abusers lag up servers and cause desync issues.

• Like 1

Ok so the mod discourages you to play with your friends. If respawn is disabled there should be some kind of "party" system to spawn at the same place with your teammates. You expect me to walk to the different side of the coast to my friend just to get raped by the first person I meet when I have no food, weapons or any gear, and then start the walking again? Seriously I haven't met a single person yet, who hasn't killed me on sight, regardless if I have a weapon or not.

That is correct, they don't want you to be able to play with any of your friends. But then again they probably assume that you don't have any friends anyways.

Wait. Do you? Or are you just bitching for the sake of bitching?

I'm gonna need to seem some screens of these "friends" of yours.

Personally, meeting up with your friends is somewhat of a fun aspect and I'd be upset if you're ever allowed to pick spawns.

At first I felt the same way as OP, but it actually makes you much better at the game, and leads you into new experiences that you wouldn't have found otherwise just spawning in near friends. Its a very survival heavy game, and in Alpha. If you can't handle the brutality changes.. well that's just Day Z.

alright then you go ahead and pay for a centralized server host that can constantly handle player information from thousands of uniquie i.d's every second that way, when you want to find your fucking friend, you can spam respawn like a madman and ruin the experience for everyone else around you but atleast you can say your the one paying for the ability to play the game.

oh and for future reference just because someone isn't a complete fucking retard like you and actually logically realizes this is a MOD for the ARMA 2 engine, doesn't make them a fanboy now either play the game, and make useful and helpful suggestions, or stfu and stop complaining. or just gtfo. I will support you in whatever you decide

Edited by NakaNaide
  • Like 2

Exactly how a medic should respond... lol

Leonard 'Bones' McCoy: I'm doing you a favor. I couldn't just leave you there looking all pathetic. Take a seat. I'm gonna give you a vaccine against viral infection from Melvaren mud fleas.

This is why you never use the "realistic" argument.

How about this: the develops decided that having a grouping tool was not in the cards right now, and these multiple respawns were rising the database and connect times.

Would you rather wait forever to connect, or take 10 minutes running to a place to meet your group?

Exactly how a medic should respond... lol

Leonard 'Bones' McCoy: I'm doing you a favor. I couldn't just leave you there looking all pathetic. Take a seat. I'm gonna give you a vaccine against viral infection from Melvaren mud fleas.

i'm sorry but whiny kids like this really piss me off, i promise when i have to fix your leg i will be allot nicer :P

• Like 1