eel

DayZ player survey | Final results!|868 participants!

Maybe I'm dating myself' date=' but I couldn't help wondering how old you are, based on the age options. If I had made a survey myself, I'd probably lump everybody below 18 into one category, because I'd think of all of them as, you know: The kids. The same way as your survey categorizes the +21 year olds as, you know: The senior people. ;)

[/quote']

Haha I'm 19 ;)

I admit I didn't think this question through very well. It's mostly due to the fact that the only other game I was ever interested in enough to actively follow was Team Fortress 2. So I kinda tailored the survey to fit a similar crowd and expected only around 20% of people to fall in the 22+ range.

Yeah age question should be something like

under 18

18 to 25

25 to 30

30 to 40

over 40

That being said, nothing really surprised me in the survey exept perhaps the 3 guys admiting being hackers.

For the question:

On average, how long does it take you to get into a game from lobby?

On average it's usually really quick for the times when you actually get into a game but for the other times you could sit there for 2 hours waiting for server response and it wont let you in, the rule of thumb is if you are waiting for more then a few minutes it's likely that you will not get into that server.

please do one where you ask about what people think of features, like removing the bandit skins, weather, chatcing a cold, GETTING HUNGRY/COLD WHEN OFFLINE and so on. Then hopefully rocket can decide if he is to keep the features after a fair democratic decision.

IM TIRED OF BEING A worfless MINION feeding my inocent tears TO THE ALLMIGHTY ARCITECT ROCKET!!!

:heart:

High number of players who didnt play arma before is worrying me...

nice survey btw

please do one where you ask about what people think of features' date=' like removing the bandit skins, weather, chatcing a cold, GETTING HUNGRY/COLD WHEN OFFLINE and so on. Then hopefully rocket can decide if he is to keep the features after a fair democratic decision.

IM TIRED OF BEING A worfless MINION feeding my inocent tears TO THE ALLMIGHTY ARCITECT ROCKET!!!

:heart:

[/quote']

Just no. imo rocket shouldnt care much about the opinion of majority, democracy sux anyway

under 18

18 to 25

25 to 30

30 to 40

over 40

That being said' date=' nothing really surprised me in the survey exept perhaps the 3 guys admiting being hackers.

[/quote']

I agree with the age range.

Three hackers? I'm surprised there weren't more positives to this from liars who thought it would be a cool answer. That said what's the odds that those three really are? How many real ones didn't acknowledge it?

This is truely outstanding work. Very useful and some real eye openers.

Is it possible this could be conducted regularly? It helps focus my efforts.

Hmm, completely missed this thread. This'd be great for more people to respond to, don't suppose there's a mailing list/newsletter type thing you can push these surveys out on?

Don't really like the options for survival time. Some like 10-24 hours, 2-3 days, week would be nice additions. I do die, but 10 hours surviving isn't an issue.

Only other feedback on the survey itself is an additional question about danger such rating how dangerous zombies are or somesuch.

Example, in 1.5.7 it was somewhat risky looting a town in case you alerted the horde and had to blow all of your ammo fighting them off. With 1.5.8 you'll get a pretty small group sprinting down the road to gather them all up.

Anyway' date=' i think rocket should listen to the players

[/quote']

I feel I should stress that even if the number of people who filled out this survey hits 1k, it still won't be really representative of the DayZ playerbase. Only of the people who frequent its forums.

under 18

18 to 25

25 to 30

30 to 40

over 40

That being said' date=' nothing really surprised me in the survey exept perhaps the 3 guys admiting being hackers.

[/quote']

I agree with the age range.

Three hackers? I'm surprised there weren't more positives to this from liars who thought it would be a cool answer. That said what's the odds that those three really are? How many real ones didn't acknowledge it?

Meh you are right, probably directly related to the 3 guys that also answered that they are under 12 years old. :P

Other than that, normally I would promote the survey and ask people to do it, but it have a lot of things that could be asked differently and many more useful questions missing for more accurates result, I believe.

So I suggest redoing it.

How the do you write age/time questions so badly?

Great idea, but man are these questions poorly written.

Hmm' date=' completely missed this thread. This'd be great for more people to respond to, don't suppose there's a mailing list/newsletter type thing you can push these surveys out on?

[/quote']

I agree completely, and im on the forums everyday for the last week and only noticed it just now.

If the moderators could sticky or use the PM system or forum registration email to let ppl know of this survey would be allot better. as it is i dont think it gets enough exposure.

From looking at that information the huge concern appears around the connecting to an actual game. I would assume if this whole connection issue is resolved the game rating section would sky rocket up.

Done. +Rep for getting this thing started!

Keep up the good work.

thanks for giving us out this info to see how actually many players aren't betrayers / Player Killers