Sign in to follow this  
FriendlyJesper

Is this a starving game?!

Hey everyone.

For not so long ago, me and my friend bought this game, due to the awesomeness that we knew that this mod posseded(Dayz). However, it turned out, as we were cooperating and searched in more than 6 barns, 5 industial buildings and ALOT of houses, without finding just one can of food. Now we are both starving and are beginning to lose blood. Should it be THAT hard to find food in this game? I know that we could search a supermarked but its very dangerous. We have played for 3 hours now, constantly in search of food, but without finding anything other than garbage and alot of axes.......... Without any food, this game aint much fun. Could there be an explanation?!

Very dangerous? REALLY? Go to Berezino and raid the stores... That place is a ghost town.

• Like 1

Don't be afraid to die, especially since you don't have anything good, I dont stress when I lose my fully geared players. If you play Dayz, you will learn to deal with it. Also after about 3 or 4 days of playing you should find it nearly impossible to die from zombies.

With all your scavenging you have likely found enough tools to go hunt your own food. You need between the two of you, 1 Hunting Knife, 1 Hatchet, 1 Box of Matches 1) Freshly Killed Animal. (You can use the hatchet to kill it, knife to gut it, hatchet to go get firefood, matches to start fire, gutted meat to cook with.)

• Like 2

Food isn't too hard to find, if you know where to look. Supermarkets really aren't that dangerous, I don't know where you got that info.

The only player I've ever found in a supermarket was dead, and before my friend and I came in too.

Here is your checklist for constant supplies of food.

Axe/Wood

Knife

Matches

A gun with bullets.

Go Hunting (in the woods)

All easy to acquire in the opening minutes items and cooked food gives you 800 blood points, You are now a self sustaining survivor!

• Like 1

I just can't find matches but killing farm animals is not hard.

EDIT: matches should definitely be in the loot table of zombies. Of all the equipment you can find on them, its probably the one thats most likely still in some pockets.

Edited by TheStoryteller01
  • Like 3

Oh god :P! Please people, i know how to hunt, but we havent found any matches, but i have already killed a animal, got the wood so i am ready when i find matches.. Second. i was killed in a supermarked, twice in the past month that i have played this game. And since i have played it for that long, i know how to avoid zombies, thats not the issue. But i think that it is a problem if the only place to get food is to raid a supermarked or eat an animal.

food can be found for a fact in the market's, but im sure you already knew that ;) best way to get blood back by your self is having a hunting knife fire axe and matches so you can kill animals and eat them after being cooked to regain blood.

Oh god :P! Please people, i know how to hunt, but we havent found any matches, but i have already killed a animal, got the wood so i am ready when i find matches.. Second. i was killed in a supermarked, twice in the past month that i have played this game. And since i have played it for that long, i know how to avoid zombies, thats not the issue. But i think that it is a problem if the only place to get food is to raid a supermarked or eat an animal.

The apartment block by the Cherno northern hospital is great for getting starting gear.

Hey everyone.

For not so long ago, me and my friend bought this game, due to the awesomeness that we knew that this mod posseded(Dayz). However, it turned out, as we were cooperating and searched in more than 6 barns, 5 industial buildings and ALOT of houses, without finding just one can of food. Now we are both starving and are beginning to lose blood. Should it be THAT hard to find food in this game? I know that we could search a supermarked but its very dangerous. We have played for 3 hours now, constantly in search of food, but without finding anything other than garbage and alot of axes.......... Without any food, this game aint much fun. Could there be an explanation?!

Seems like a good time to do that.

Have you been heading north or sticking to the coast?

In the future when you do find food, don't eat it until your meter is flashing. You really only need a few cans to cover you until you find knife, matches, and a hatchet.

edit: You're not a noobs so you probably knew most of that. Kill zombies too. They do have food on them.

Edited by SausageKingofChicago
  • Like 1

Seems like a good time to do that.

Have you been heading north or sticking to the coast?

In the future when you do find food, don't eat it until your meter is flashing. You really only need a few cans to cover you until you find knife, matches, and a hatchet.

Yes, only wait until the hunger meter is flashing red, water too to gain the most from your supplies.

• Like 1

I get loads of food and drink off dead zombies. The farmer zeds and the suits often have food and soda on them.

I've found matches in the out houses that are next to some houses....Its awesome! The smell goes away in like 1 second!

I usually never check those....today I found an Alice pack in one tho....so I think I might start

Edited by Phillfxc

I would say that going to a supermarket and possibly not dying is better than not eating and dying fo sho.

• Like 1

Thanks guys for helping, i really did get some pretty nice tips i havent heard before, thanks :D!

new player hasn't learned how easy the "survival" aspect of this game is yet.

Edited by LongShot25

If you cant find matches, there are a few places you can start fires without them. Such as right outside of the airstrip by cherno, theres a military camp with 4 deerstands in it, one on each corner. If you can get inside without pissing every zombie off, theres a pile of tires in the middle that you can activate and set on fire, then cook your meat. There are also fire barrels here and there, such as the military tents in Berezino.

Other than that, super markets can be hairy, but its worth the hair raising thrill of going in to try to get the stuff you need to survive in this game. Its not supposed to be easy ;)

Matches, a hatchet, and a hunting knife. Once you've got those, you'll be fine.

Unless you crush your head with a door frame. That happened to me earlier this week and I was promptly devoured. Quite unpleasant, seeing as I had myself fully kitted out, but these things happen.

Food is random sometimes I found millions of cokes and pepsies now I have too much food. Kill zeds and hope for the best.. Your first challenge is to maintain food and drink..

Edited by Ankhenaten

First tip, don't be to afraid to die and loose your stuff, without a doubt you will die and loose your stuff anyways, i died quite a few times in my first week, and in my guild we somewhat say that we don't team up for the first couple of days with new players, as they just need to learn the ropes on their own, if we help them they won't learn to deal with stuff on their own ... Most important is finding out which buildings you can loot, another thing i noticed is that recently the dropping of loot is delayed a bit, so what you may want to do is get to a building you know can be looted, and wait a few minutes far enough to be somewhat save but close enough to observe the zombies and learn, then when it's save run in and check ... another thing that can help is using the internet to find a map of the place and have it handy or study it, almost every town has a road sign so even without a map or compas ingame, you can follow roads (from some save distance) and manouvre through the map to some better locations ...

And to answer your question, no this game is not dieing out, in the last few days/week about 50.000 more people joined if not more...

I kill people in supermarkets all the time. You can find me up in that tower overlooking the front door

Food isn't too hard to find, if you know where to look. Supermarkets really aren't that dangerous, I don't know where you got that info.

The only player I've ever found in a supermarket was dead, and before my friend and I came in too.

Was that meant to be funny?

• Like 1