Sign in to follow this  
datguy (DayZ)

HALP! I've flipped my ATV

So you've flipped your ATV. What do you do?

You unflip that sucker like a boss, that's what you do.

Edited by datguy

Yeah, but try doing that on flat ground. I drove over some rail road tracks, jumped 20 feet in the air (directly up) and landed sideways. That is a lost cause.

Edited by whitetigerofmichigan
  • Like 1

Yes - another post for everyone who never player Arma II before. Thank you for buying the game for Dayz!

Yeah, but try doing that on flat ground. I drove over some rail road tracks, jumped 20 feet in the air (directly up) and landed sideways. That is a lost cause.

Same happened here.

Indeed, I sat on one for over an hour trying to get it to flip back upright after going over a bump in the road, damn near died of dehydration! in the end I give up and left it there.. that was a bad day.

Yeah I thought I had learned all of the issues with ATV. Just found another one and was stoked. Got thrown in the air at some train tracks. ATV blew up and I was knocked out for 5 minutes. My friend saved my life rofl.

Yes - another post for everyone who never player Arma II before. Thank you for buying the game for Dayz!

Been seeing that bohenmia interactive splash screen since original operation flashpoint days, you cheeky whippersnapper. I'm 860 years old and my first computer was an abacus Jesus made out of dinosaur teeth and spit. I also chew cheese better than you. Don't hate the elderly.
  • Like 1

bummer dude. pro tip. If you ride an ATV over a traintrack, you're gonna have a bad time.

BUT. try riding the thing sideways along the ground back to the train tracks. I've managed to get one back on the wheels using the gravel bank the raised train tracks are laid on.

Edited by datguy

Seems legit.

busted. I mocked up the whole thing in MS Paint. Thought I had everyone fooled. Dagnabbit.

I've flipped the atv many many times on flat or sloped land and always got it back up. 1st thing is do not get off. If you do the atv will be stuck on its side until server restart. What works for me is hold shift and reverse ( shift may be pointless). Then turn the steering away from the side that is on the ground. Hold all those buttons down and dont let go. It will take anywhere from 15 seconds to 3 minutes but it will stand itself upright.

no you can just wiggle the wheels back and forth and it will eventually flip up

Been seeing that bohenmia interactive splash screen since original operation flashpoint days, you cheeky whippersnapper. I'm 860 years old and my first computer was an abacus Jesus made out of dinosaur teeth and spit. I also chew cheese better than you. Don't hate the elderly.

Rrg, got you. Keep flipping dem ATV's! Hell, form a group of flippers. Just as long as the forum stays entertaining!

You're telling me to form a group of flippers, another thread says dayz need a porpoise. what's with all the cetacean references?

by the way, scuba divers, they're fins, not flippers. flipper's a fish with a hole in his head.

Edited by datguy