brentp (DayZ)

Guy Claims He's Friendly Then He Charges Me What Would You Do ?

When i first started playing people would claim there friendly then once my guard went down, They would shoot me or stab me. So now if your not in my clan or teamspeak/skype your gonna get shot on site no questions asked.

Shoulda made him drop his weapon, best way to handle these types of situations.

I would of shot him too in your scenario.

You gave clear instruction to back down. He moved into your space. There's nothing wrong for putting him down. "Friendly" or not, threat perceived, analyzed, neutralized.

• Like 1

He was most likely friendly, notice he never once swung the Hatchet, not even after you broke his legs.

It was you who was not friendly.. only people who are sniping/picking off players generally lay prone on control tower roofs.

I'm not saying in your situation I would have done anything different, he wouldn't have had the chance to even climb up to me before I put a hole in his head.

From looking at the video it could be that the other survivor tried to prone on the rooftop next to you.

Sometimes the prone action makes you run forward a few meters before it lets you go prone.

Didn't look like he was gonna take a swing. But I can't blame you since we all are a bit nervous when playing this game...

Edited by ZenWorks

SCREW THAT i kill friendlies. i got my own group of friends i dont need you

• Like 1

I would have shot him, he did rush with the hatchet. Even if he was friendly he fucked up. That being said KOS is bullshit IMO but considering everyone is a self obsessed douche with a superiority complex ya might aswell just shoot everyone you see.

The rush from a good fire fight is awsome but I play solo and most of the time I am just gearing up. Pricks jump me most of the time just for the pleasure of killing someone. I ask what is the joy in 4 people taking on 1 person. If I win I am the man, if you win then you took superior numbers and took out some one with worse gear (most of the time). You gained a murder by risking very little, if one dies the gear is absorbed and eventually brought back to the player/camp. If I die its start over and hit one of my camps to gear up what I haven't found working my way up too starry half the time.

Without a doubt you were justified in shooting.. On the other hand, he would have been justified in trying to kill someone sniping on top of the control tower. Too bad he wasn't smart enough to back down and grab a real weapon.

You were justified in killing him. Looked to me like he was gonna strike that hatchet right between your eyes. I would have done the same thing. :beans:

When i first started playing people would claim there friendly then once my guard went down, They would shoot me or stab me. So now if your not in my clan or teamspeak/skype your gonna get shot on site no questions asked.

Still happens to me that's why I do this now

He was most likely friendly, notice he never once swung the Hatchet, not even after you broke his legs.

It was you who was not friendly.. only people who are sniping/picking off players generally lay prone on control tower roofs.

I'm not saying in your situation I would have done anything different, he wouldn't have had the chance to even climb up to me before I put a hole in his head.

You are a chump.

I see you constantly in here complaining about KoS.

Get over yourself you goober.

u could have stood up didn't have to shoot while he was down I dunno he may have been charging u i htink he was a noob though and just was coming to you for some love

am i the only one who noticed he was talking in group chat and the guy was unable to hear him?

there was no reason for a guy with an axe to be on top of that tower with you unless he planned to kill you

If he was friendly, he wouldn't have approached someone on the roof of a building with a hatchet when there was nothing else up there. I would've killed the tricky bastard as soon as I saw him coming up the ladder, and if I had been him I would've calmly stopped and gone back down the instant I saw someone on the roof.

If some one charged at me after multiple warnings... Of course I would of shot them. You did the right thing.

there was no reason for a guy with an axe to be on top of that tower with you unless he planned to kill you

I agree 100% with that. Unless he was trying to be friendly, but not sure why he go closer. If I was the Hatchet guy I would be talking through the chat to the player not move closer.