Marcellus Wallace

Lost in the woods! Help?

Hey, friends.

Um, I have a bit of a problem.

Following the road near where I spawned, I walked through a tiny district of houses, and then maybe what equates to about a mile, before coming to what looks like the edge of the world, where grass stopped being visible on the ground and it was just flat. I walked through the nearest forest, being as dumb as I am and not following the road back, and now I'm horridly lost!

I don't have anything besides starting equipment, due to dying multiple times on my previous characters, and I was wondering if there is a way to start over instead of stumbling through the forest in an attempt to find civilization which will most likely end up fruitless.

Thanks.

Yeah its times like this you want the respawn button.

• Like 1

Yeah its times like this you want the respawn button.

That's the thing, it's darkened and won't let me click it!

I would have done that ages ago.

If you only have starting gear. Press start and click respawn to kill yourself. Then start the spawning process over again.

Edit: What do you mean its darkened post a screenshot.

Edited by StormSurge

Hey, friends.

Um, I have a bit of a problem.

Following the road near where I spawned, I walked through a tiny district of houses, and then maybe what equates to about a mile, before coming to what looks like the edge of the world, where grass stopped being visible on the ground and it was just flat. I walked through the nearest forest, being as dumb as I am and not following the road back, and now I'm horridly lost!

I don't have anything besides starting equipment, due to dying multiple times on my previous characters, and I was wondering if there is a way to start over instead of stumbling through the forest in an attempt to find civilization which will most likely end up fruitless.

Thanks.

I believe if you press ESC and then hit respawn in that menu, it will kill you. Then you can follow the way through the menu's to respawn and you will respawn fresh.

Escape. respawn.

Or head to the edge of the map, you are probably in the south west. Once at the edge head left and you should come to the shore again. Then follow the shore.

Or find zombies, let them kill you, then respawn if the respawn button is greyed out.

Edited by Frostback

If it helps, the clounds move roughly from west to east. If you ran to the western map border, turn around and head with the clouds and you'll eventually come to a road/town.

Another option many people have used is downloading a online map of Chernarus and work from that. I'd recommend against that though. Enjoythe fear of being lost... You'll eventually get the hang of where you are and when you do get a map, you'll be so happy!!!

The respawn button has been removed hence why i said its times like this you want the respawn button , basically try to find a place with zombies and get them to kill you . For me this is why we need the respawn button your basically giving players a shitty game experience which leads to folk stop playing.

Find something to jump off, then your legs will break, then you can respawn.

Don't kill yourself.

Here is a link to the detailed map, including loot spawns etc.

You just have to figure out where you are. When you login, watch the bottom right of your screen. It will flash your location in general. Go there on the map and then use the landmarks, countour lines for elevation and figure out where you are. Just use the map to navigate and always make sure you know where you are.

You don't have to go to the big cities where unequiped players are sure to die. There are hundreds of gear spots all over the map, the deer stands have all the military gear you will find at the airfields and there are many deer stands, probably some right near you.

http://dayzdb.com/map

Edited by Slyder73
  • Like 1

You arent lost survivor, you are in Chernarus.

Well, I would ask if you could see any destinctive landmarks, like roads, cities, barns. But since your in a forrest, iam fear that you only reply "trees"

Other than that, my only advice is that you look at the skies to see in which direction they move. They always travel from west to east.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Well, it appears my options are;

1. Break my legs and die.

2. Be eaten by zombies. (Which I can't even find.)

3. Follow the clouds on a long trek.

None of these sound particularly fun, but okay.

Well, it appears my options are;

1. Break my legs and die.

2. Be eaten by zombies. (Which I can't even find.)

3. Follow the clouds on a long trek.

None of these sound particularly fun, but okay.

Well, if your lucky, some green wookie (ghillie sniper) will come and put you ouf of your misery ^^

They seem to be where you least expect them.

Edited by Kozak

just go south you will hit a road, a town or the coast in no time.

Yeah it's things like that that make the re spawn option a good idea, too bad its gone now :(

My advice is (if day, it's easiest then) rotate while looking at the sky.

When you get the clouds to move from right to left just run strait, no turns or following the roads (if it spawned you kamenka/komarovo/bor) then when you hit the sea and often a town(if town loot it) proceed along the coast with sea to your right and land to your left.

This will in 80% of cases lead you to either Cherno or Elektro, those 20% are when you get spawned right inside cherno or elektro :D

If you found a friendly while on road or picked up a "any one want to team up" in side or global chat I'd recommend meeting up at church of either elektro or cherno since its only 1 way in and defensible against bandits.

Any way good luck on surviving :thumbsup:.

Edited by Majo

If you're ever lost remember a few things. The sun sets in the South West and rises in the South East. It's not just east and west. The clouds do move towards the east. I wish this would be more random but you can use it to determine east/west. So... Look up and point in a direction that the clouds are moving to the Right. You'll be facing North.