letstalkaboutdune

Balota Airstrip Loot Question

My first lives/deaths consisted of very noobish attempts to loot buildings around Cherno/Elektro. Finding this to be futile, I looked for another place to get some decent equipment.

In his interview with PCGamer, Rocket mentioned taking some new players to the southern airstrip in order to get better weapons. Taking a look at the map I figured this must mean the one at Balota on the SW coast.

Last night I spend several hours cautiously making my way to this airstrip. I checked both large hangar buildings and the tower, as well as several smaller buildings further down the airstrip, and yet I found no weapons. Instead I just got a few stacks of MP5 ammo and some chemlights.

Does this mean that someone had come by recently and already looted the good stuff? I thought that the respawn timers on most things was about 30 minutes - that seems short enough for me to have seen something as I spent at least 30 minutes carefully checking out the various buildings.

Unless something has been changed all hangers in all the air fields have the chance of spawning the same loot, same goes for other military buildings save for the medical building and machine shed. If you look at the loot spawn probabilities table you'll see that the highest spawn rate is still given to generic loot and junk, so you might find an assault rifle, but more likely you'll find crap, or some ammo.

I've raided an airfield on a nearly empty server where it was highly unlikely someone got to it before me and the fanciest thing I found was an AK-74 and some smoke grenades, everything else was generic. Its still pretty hit or miss even at military bases.

Yes, good stuff will spawn at the south airfield. Yesterday I managed to find an M1014 in the control tower before I was murdered.

The hangars will also randomly spawn weapons. I also got a PDW yesterday from one of the hangars.

Thanks for the replies guys. I logged out in the woods nearby so I'll check again tonight. I also watched some videos and realized I missed a more military-looking area so I'll check there as well.

Cheers!

PDW's seem to show up fairly often actually. Specially if you loot the medical base just south of the airbase we're talking about. And the brilliant thing about the PDW is that it takes basically any 9mm magazine, including MP5 mags. So there's plenty of ammo if you need to move the selector switch to auto and let it rain in an emergency. That will make any noob need new drawers after thinking of taking pot shots at you with his .38

A friend picked up an M16 one time when we both got killed up north, at the Balota Airfield. Airfields, firestations are great places to get some pretty crazy loot if you get lucky!

It really depends on personal luck, I found a M1014 in the hangar and at the control tower, an AK74

Found an AKM there but only two clips, so I moved it to the bush just in case I needed it on escape. Nothing good in the hangars, AK was in the tower. Also MP5 ammo, but left that.

Military tents by Stary Sobor were the same poor selection, tons of chem lights and but a single AKM and 2 clips. Filled up my 1911 slots though.

Off to Grishino for food and a place to set up airfield bandit ambush

The military camp down from the airfield usually have deer stands that may contain interesting things, if you farm that enough you might come across a CCO or something!

Really the key here is removing loot from the spawns.. I have always had much better luck in getting shit to spawn if I physically remove whatever is there to start.

For example if its all shit I will take it and drop it off outside the hangars

I have found many AKMs, AK74s, AKS74U, M16A2, M4, G17, backpacks, etc.

It's all there you just must be patient.

M4A1 CCO has spawned in a deer stand at the military base before.

Same with:

M24

G17

PDW

M1014

GPS

Map

Hunting Knife

Multiple kinds of backpacks

M16A2

AK Series.

Found a DMR and ammo, AKs and ammo... never found anything in the tents though, south of the strip... but the deer stands have good stuff at times, the hangars are good too... you just have to be careful, plenty of peeps camp the tower at times, just to kill looters going to the hangars

Found AKM + 3 Mags, and I also found an empty AK74 both at Balota.

Check under the stairs in control towers.

All in all I'm not that impressed with Balota, lots of tin cans and Makarov ammo.

I was just there last night and got a 870 Shotty with Flashlight in the hanger. The zombie soldiers you kill trying to get to Balota Airfield will have different kinds of ammo mags on them, smoke grenades, and chem lights. I haven't died yet, so will respawn there today and continue checking out the place.

Found an uzi with 1 magazine in a hangar one time. And then in the control tower I found an AKM with no ammo just before I got murdered. Was probably put there by a bandit as bait though...

Once I found an AK in one of the hangers, and an M4 in the tower, both with 90 rounds of ammo along with etc ammo such as MP5, M1014, M203, and even an M240 200 round belt. xD It's a pretty nice place to stop over real quick when you're heading north.

Same with:

M24

G17

PDW

M1014

GPS

Map

Hunting Knife

M16A2

AK Series.

Heya, thanks for the heads up, but I am not sure if I understand correctly.

Are you saying that only Deer stands at the milbase will spawn these? What about some random deer stands on the edge of forests etc.?

Same with:

M24

G17

PDW

M1014

GPS

Map

Hunting Knife

M16A2

AK Series.

Heya' date=' thanks for the heads up, but I am not sure if I understand correctly.

Are you saying that only Deer stands at the milbase will spawn these? What about some random deer stands on the edge of forests etc.?

[/quote']

All deerstands have military loot chances.