rman1974

Remove NVG Poll

Remove NVG and NV/Thermal Scopes  

338 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to remove NVG and NV/Thermal Scopes?

Keep NVG's remove thermal's.

*flame suit on for them thermal using fag's*

Too late. Reported. Enjoy getting warned/banned

How are you seeing 200meters away, a tiny little stick?

Just go on a night server and try it.

It's ArmA after all :D

Thermals arent that great. Yeah, you can easily spot and shoot players with them but the guns only use 5.56 rounds and are horrible indoors. Yeah, it is easier with servers with the crosshair enabled, but I prefer playing on more realistic servers.

In the end, I think the thermal should be kept.

NVG's on the other hand seem to give a bigger advantage as a spotter because you can be on the move and spot around you. Thermals/NV with scopes can only be used when stationary.

If you remove NVGs, there's basically zero reason to play at night. The game is WAY to dark (imo) to run around at night. Sure, you could use a flashlight, and then everyone within 5k will see you, and you'll get sniped. Remove thermal since its basically wall hax. Part of the fun of sniping is getting that 'clear shot' with no vision blocking, and part of the fun of hunting snipers is to jump from cover to cover. Thermal removes that.

I would like to remove some top guns as well (like M107, AS50, Bizon) or make them extremely rare because it is not a modern warfare game.

The Bizon is a top gun?

• Like 1

1. For Christ's sake - FIX DUPING EXPLOITS. If it's not possible to fix magic duping tents just remove tents at all for a while.

Fix this before removing anything. Once the duping glitch is fixed, we'll find out that many of these items that are supposed to be "super rare" are, in actuality, super rare. Some of these arsenals of high end gear claimed and/or actually possessed by various players in mass quantities seem to defy the laws of statistics. I know how much time I've played, the ridiculous number of loot spots I've checked, and how often I've found/never found some these items through "natural" play. Anecdotal experience does not equal data, but there's certainly something mathematically suspicious with some of these claims/sightings.

In months of play, and many, many successful trips to NW Airfield, Barracks and other such supposedly high grade loot spawn places such as deerstands and Stary Sober etc... I have still yet to find a set of NVG's or a Sniper rifle with a thermal scope.

Its either..

They are extremely (and I mean EXTREMELY) rare.

or

I'm the most incredibly unlucky person roaming the land of Chernarus.

No, its the same with me, except i don't even have successful trips to the NWAF. I'm either shot at, or find nothing good in the buildings there. And yes, NVG's are very rare, not even a 1% chance of them spawning in the barracks. Iv'e become so desperate, sometimes I even round up all of the zeds at chopper crash sites, kill them, and loot the pilot ones(I heard pilot zombies can have a small chance of NVG's).

No, its the same with me, except i don't even have successful trips to the NWAF. I'm either shot at, or find nothing good in the buildings there. And yes, NVG's are very rare, not even a 1% chance of them spawning in the barracks. Iv'e become so desperate, sometimes I even round up all of the zeds at chopper crash sites, kill them, and loot the pilot ones(I heard pilot zombies can have a small chance of NVG's).

All you need to do is spot 1 guy in a ghillie suit up north and kill him to get loaded. So much duping going on that about half the people I kill are stacked with the best gear around.

Ofc some of those kills are me killing the same guy more than once and they keep coming back with their duped gear, but I do my best to upset the balance until it's unbearable (=everyone has the best gear) and leave the bodies for the less fortunate to loot.

Only real moral problem of the story is that I've become a bit paranoid about items being duped unless I've actually found them myself so I can't be arsed to loot bodies that are completely stacked out.

Edited by Armas

Some interesting replies.

I think the main problem people have with NVG's, thermals etc are the fact that only a few % have them.

I would be in favor of keep the spawn rate chance the same but make the location of these items available in places other than the barracks and crash sites.

I'd like to see them spawn in deer stands and the tents at Stary.

I would love to play on night servers but I've only ever found one pair of NVG's during my time with DayZ.

Interesting idea... Interested to see if things like NVG's would make it into a final version.

Actually, most of night time I can see better without NVG because NVG has low contrast, monochrome palette and blind spots in well lighted areas. Here example - I shot some guy (I didn't kill him because he disconnected) who has NVG.

I wasn't sitting in ambush near that crashed heli - I looted it and was going away from it when I noticed that well packed guy. I immediately went prone and he walked by me really close (about 30 m) and didn't notice. As I hate guys with NVG I decided to shoot him.

Congratulations. You killed someone while searching for his Nametag.

Play at this night without moon and without nvgs and you would never have seen him.

• Like 1

I have no problem with NVGs. You can decide yourself whether you want to play on night servers or not. Thermals however I do not like. They are far too strong in a group of 3+ who have snipers and spotters.

Congratulations. You killed someone while searching for his Nametag.

Play at this night without moon and without nvgs and you would never have seen him.

Nope. I noticed that guy when I was running away from crashed heli. As usual I was scanning environment with ALT button and I noticed some movement. If I played on server without nametags I would have seen that guy anyway.

Batteries for NVGs? Do you know how long PVS-14 works off of 2 AA batteries?

50 hours. Go ahead and implement batteries, no one will give a damn.

Realize that the game isn't supposed to be fair. Stop expecting your hand to be held, this is like the real world.