A Bush killed me

Zombies way too hard now

Who the hell wants to prone around whole cites? That is terrible.

I thought that was the only correct way to play the game.

aggro distance is perfect!! the only thing thats bad is the respawn time, but im guessing it's a bug cuz they respawn after 1 sec if ur not near the spawn area

Rockets wants the infected to not be the usual stupid stumbling half eaten zombie type. He envisions them as people, driven wild by some kind of blood transferred toxin. So if you can see it proned crawling around. You can bet that if its looking in your direction, it will see you aswell. The infected are not difficult to deal with. they never have been. If anything they have gotten easier as updates go by. Now all you have to do to lose 20+ is run past a bush.

People QQ'd when zombies weren't a threat

and now you qq when they are.

Adapt. Use your axe if you have to. Throw flares and smoke grenades to distract them.

The aggro radius after a shot is fired is ridiculous...especially coupled with the respawn times. As it is now, I just sprint through cities because if I fire a shot, there will be 20+ zombies on me in an instant. If you have ammo, go ahead and shoot them. Others will respawn and get aggroed before you finish the rest off.

Lower the respawn time.

Decrease the aggro distance from a fired shot.

Make the infected not so fricking flinchy.

Fix these 3 things and it'll be fine.

They are very easy as they are now if you know what to do. Any building with more than 1 exit or forest or hill and you don't need to fire one single shot.

I like fast spawns cos if the mod has a problem is the low amount of zombies on an area. Zombies are supposed to be overwhelming and atm they are not (specially if you choose to dodge them instead of shooting at them).

The only REAL issue w/ zeds is : they can pass through walls.

Wallpassing Gost : okay.

Wallpassing-telekinetic zombies ? : noes !

BTW I multiplied my surviving timer when I did stop running into dead-ends.

House w/ only one exit ? avoid at all cost.

I am actually surprised with this entire thread... I am actually seeing some discussion on this topic and I must say GG DayZ forum :P on topic now, My opinion is that if the zombies are too hard then go play on an actual Arma server, this is DayZ a mod designed as a zombie survival simulator, if you have watched any zombie movies or seen the Walking dead you would know that firing a gun around zombies is going to cause you problems, It's like "If you Pizza when you are supposed to French Fry, You are gonna have a bad time" sneak don't shoot, learn to move through town quietly and out of sight as I assume you would want to do if zombies came to be in real life, Agreed that zombies need their glitches fixed but that is what this thing Called "Alpha" which this mod is still in is for, to find and report these glitches so that the Dev team can fix them for the time that this mod goes standalone and gets its much awaited full retail release.

If anything I would love to see the zombies get harder to kill and need maybe a Headshot only to kill them, once the glitches are gone then and only then can we see how tough zombies are to kill but untill then id rather not say that they are too hard or too easy.

Cheers

Agree. This happened to me yesterday:

Zz9eE.jpg

They kept spawning, we had to just make a run for it. Later on I got surrounded in a building, went up some stairs but LOL I couldn't go any further. Suddenly there were zombies beneath the stairs and I couldn't even get past them. Broke our legs three times as well.

They're very easy to kill, but the spawning and leg-breaking is ridiculous.

Actually this looks like a real zombie apocalypse.

If you're having problems, watch a couple streams/youtube videos of experienced players and you'll see that they're pretty easy to deal with, if you know what you're doing.

If you're having problems, watch a couple streams/youtube videos of experienced players and you'll see that they're pretty easy to deal with, if you know what you're doing.

This.

But, most of youtube videos are about:

- Snipers

- Very long Let's Play with commentary about boring things

- Based on regular servers with nametags and other "shitty" things

I think it is a very important point of the game that it means you have made a mistake if you have to shoot. It is a tad anoying with zombies glitching, and I am uncertain of the lag compensation mechanisms, but what I like about the game is sneaking around cities trying to get supplies. While I hunt military zombies at deer stands for ammunition, I really feel it is against the game.

The chance of one hit KO should definitely stay in game. It means that no matter the amount of gear you gather, death is just a single mistake away, Right now a lot of people are sitting on fat stashes and might have forgotten the need for raiding, but even on a closed server, a trip to NW airfield should carry significant risk and require careful approach.

i don't like the 'randomness' of zombies.

the other day i was prone and managed to aggro a zombie from 20 metres (facing the opposite way from me). he ran over and tapped me before i could run away, i started bleeding and had the pain shakes. by the time i could run into the nearby forest to bandage, i had ~9500 blood.

30 minutes later, i enter a building with aggro of a single zombie to shoot him with my silenced mp5. he lag warps accross the inside of the building and hits me a single time (~9500 blood), and KO's me for 3-4 minutes. i'm bleeding again but luckily the zombie walked away because he didn't have LOS with my unconscious body and walked off. 5000 blood.

yay two hits from zombies, both pretty unfair and unavoidable, 5000 blood and game is now black and white.

it's not the first time this has happened as well.... a couple of times i've alt-tabbed for ~10 seconds then gone back into game to find myself KO'd by a single zombie... and it's the 3rd time i've been KO'd by a single zombie while in-game (first time i didn't know how insanely powerful they were, second time it was pitch black and i had to let zombie get close to see him, both of those times i died).

it's just waaaay too random. it should be at least 2-3 hits per 'effect' at least. or at the very least lower the zombie KO time from the ridiculous 2+ minutes so you actually have a chance to survive it.

it needs to punish people who carelessly pull aggro, without punishing people who get shafted by glitchy aggro. definitely needs a change imo.

• Like 1

You guys are joking, right? They lose you the second you enter a bush, tree, or building. I can sprint full speed through Elektro, lose every zombie I aggro by going through the school, and loot things faster than I have ever been able to before. If anything the zombies need to be buffed.

Yesterday: One mistake !5! of the very fast ones. Try to escape!

Glitch or something too: One of them ate my complete ammo!

And this was the first time I had a ready-to-get-startet equipment.

I don´t want to say "realistic" but "plausible" zombies should always be easy at some point because they shout be stupid and predictable. Not to this point that it should be no problem to kill any amount of zombies in any situation. A city full of aggroed zombies should always be a death trap, but there should always be reliable tactics how to handle zombies in general. And to most players it should be possible to simply outsmart them. (initially I wanted to say "any players", but judging on some postings in this forums, ehhh... no I don´t want zombie shaped wooden blocks standing around.)

The problem now is, that they are inpredictable, their behaviour seems random and some of them seem to have supersenses. Combined with the handgun nerf, zombies walking through closed doors and attacking through walls, they are pointless ATM.

• Like 1

Fix the friggin respawn rates!!!!

Seriously wtf is the problem with the zombie respawns (and they still spawn right on top of you sometimes as well). What is it , like every 30 fucking seconds they respawn? From where!?

The broken legs would be more manageable IF you allowed morphine injectors to show up inland rather than just the hospitals.

If you want to play the zombies as they are, and not work the engine, they need to be fixed.

If the zeds are meant to be a part of the game - then how is it I can run through every town, village, airfield, dance cirlces around the zombies, run backwards zig zagging and laughing at them as I play the Benny Hill theme tune out my mic, run in between them or run around a car so it ends up with me trying to catch them!? Then when I'm bored I run through a house or a few trees, circle back around to a near empty area so i can loot.

If I try to play it as it's intended, they see me prone from fucking miles away and of course you can't hit them till they're right on top of you and ur on the floor with nowhere to go (and standing up takes forever).

The zombie model is flawed big time but I think that's the fault of the engine, not the mod.

You guys are joking, right? They lose you the second you enter a bush, tree, or building. I can sprint full speed through Elektro, lose every zombie I aggro by going through the school, and loot things faster than I have ever been able to before. If anything the zombies need to be buffed.

That's how they should work and most do. But I assume you never had the joy of being spotted from 200m at night, lying in deep grass and peeking with the 3rd person camera over a wall? THESE zombies are so extremely annoying.

Most times I'm a gammawarrior and I like to lie on the ground, several hundred meters from the town I want to enter and watch the zombies. From their spawning points and walking directions you can pretty soon see if there is another player in town. I have done this for 2 weeks and I have a pretty idea how they should behave.

You can make their behaviour more random or whatever, but it doesn't make the slightest sense that sometimes a single zombie inside of the town starts running towards me and aggros me. No player could have only noticed me except he had thermo view but one sigle zombie can spot me?

This reminds me of the idiotic mission in ArmA(1) where I had to snipe someone in a hotel. It's a pretty long shot at the edge of the effective range of the Dragunov, but at the moment I shoot, several MG gunners headshot me firing from the hip.

Edited by Treehead

I don´t want to say "realistic" but "plausible" zombies should always be easy at some point because they shout be stupid and predictable. Not to this point that it should be no problem to kill any amount of zombies in any situation. A city full of aggroed zombies should always be a death trap, but there should always be reliable tactics how to handle zombies in general. And to most players it should be possible to simply outsmart them. (initially I wanted to say "any players", but judging on some postings in this forums, ehhh... no I don´t want zombie shaped wooden blocks standing around.)

The problem now is, that they are inpredictable, their behaviour seems random and some of them seem to have supersenses. Combined with the handgun nerf, zombies walking through closed doors and attacking through walls, they are pointless ATM.

How can you say whats plausible for zombie behavior? plus they're "infected" anyways.. If they were as stupid as you want them to be then how would they have lead to the apocalypse?

How can you say whats plausible for zombie behavior? plus they're "infected" anyways..

The points I'm complaining about would be implausible for almost any AI controlled pc game enemy, except the lore tells me that this enemy is omniscient.But I doubt any game developer had the balls to insert the christian god as a shootable NPC into their game.

If they were as stupid as you want them to be then how would they have lead to the apocalypse?

I assume not with their intelligence and debating skills. How could microbes kill the aliens in "War of the Worlds"?

The problem with zombies imo are the random aggros and weird pathfinding, they should be more predictable.

Edited by Simot

I assume not with their intelligence and debating skills. How could microbes kill the aliens in "War of the Worlds"?

OK i actually see ur point.. I guess the infection itself would have caused the apocalypse...

So i guess that means as survivors we're immune?

They do seem a lot more sensitive to agro lately, and this really would not bother me if not for the fact they teleport around me when I'm trying to get a headshot. Don't care that they're faster than Usain Bolt, but the teleportation is annoying. :P

walkin through cherno shot off my g17 to kill one guy which it did :P then out of nowhere 20+ zombie come over break my legs at least 3 times are they like freakin kung fu masters? bein able snap bones simply by slaping them?? realism my ass....

walkin through cherno shot off my g17 to kill one guy which it did :P then out of nowhere 20+ zombie come over break my legs at least 3 times are they like freakin kung fu masters? bein able snap bones simply by slaping them?? realism my ass....

They're dead so it's kind of like they have retard strength. :P

But yeah it's annoying when one does that.

Edited by Ulfhedjinn

I think not having them run like 100 metre sprinters and have more of a limp in their run ( like the virus has affect their muscles) and run the same speed as you ( like we see in RDR: undead nightmares) then it really would improve zombie encounters, the damage they do would be fine as well.

Edited by sunnz
  • Like 1